School's Out - Heartland August 2007 Weekender

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Glaikkit wiz thi wurd that sprang tae ma mind ;D

then...

Wha's thi maiden a'hent him!?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
mh
Above the Chemist

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote::eek:

I just found a whopping 41secs of video on my phone!

So, filmed in glorious mobile-O-vision, I give you......

Planet Dave's at 5am

;D
The file is now available...

...and has been watched.

We were actually quite civilized, all things considered. :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

feel like i should write something but in all honesty i'm completely zapped - mentally & physically - so for now i'll just say what an amazing weekend it's been, and a huge thanks to everyone who helped make it possible (organisation, promotion, accomodation, attendance etc)

you're all an amazing bunch, and i'm a very happy quiffy :D

i need a long lie down in a dark room, with no booze and certainly no dodgy goffix music...

:lol:

you all rock. and jo agrees, so it must be true.

:notworthy:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

Ur ye daft?

Did ye expect it tae be otherwise?

Aye, lie doon, relax, don't do it.... :lol:

jist dead peeved I couldnae make it, but my boys and girl frae thi frozen north had a riot, baisturts! ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Padstar
Utterly Bastard Smurph

HI,

Well what i was involved with i loved! Sad i couldnt party.... but im afraid my rawk pass doesnt extend out of hours that much these days since fatherhood!

Excellent job as ever Quiffy and Paul and top support from anyone who wandered along to any night.

And Sinny..... how wierd talking to someone face to face after 5 odd years of text and smilies!

Till next time boys and girls,
Paddy out
Still playing guitar - sometimes weird shaped ones.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

What can you say to that? Brilliant gig Paddy, thank you! 8) :notworthy:

Well it was an absolute pleasure as always to host everyone who could make it on Sunday morning, was a bloody memorable night, got hammered, listened to the Banter Wars between Keith Vader and Anakin Sinister :twisted: :notworthy: , got back to nature with the sunrise, fell out with nature after a Panzer mosquito assault ('lumps' have started to appear all over my body, how're you lot?), and all this was in company of the utterly amazing Devil Doll Sinnie, in my garden, words fail me. :oops: :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

WTF is all this reality business about though? :eek: :eek: :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
James Blast
Banned

you're not making me feel any better Dave

why do I keep getting 2001 flashbacks? :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

:lol:

Next time James. 8)
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

snowey wrote: Worst parts:

The Subcultre running out of magners after my first order.
Oddly enough, the worst part for me was The Subculture running out of Magners BEFORE my first order :twisted: That was even worse than getting stung by the bee that was hiding under my pillow at 4am - Weebles denies responsibility for that but...

Apart from these minor grouches, it was a stunning weekend and thanks especially to Weebles the Beekeeeper and his missus for putting up the 4 of us for the weekend, Planet Dave for letting us invade his garden for the night, Rhombus & the Smurphs for some fine music and Quiffy & Jo for organising the event and being so nice :notworthy: :notworthy: It was great to meet new faces and catch up on old ones, particularly nice to see Erika again - hope you have just as much fun in London:notworthy:

Blast you were sorely missed. Make sure you're there next time!
Pista
Cureboi

Well, I am back in jolly old magyarorszag & still don't feel entirely that my mind is connected to my body :lol:

Top weekend, top people, top everything. If I had a hat, it would be off to Quiffy & Jo. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
The HL hotel was ace. Many thanks Weebles & mrs Weebles for opening the door.
Notable moment was the bat's milk comment, swiftly followed by hysterics & choking on inhaled beer :lol:
I was reading the the Magners share prices were taking a dive on Thursday, but I think we went some way to reversing that trend :lol: :lol:
I'll write more later, when I get through this stack of e mail & stuff.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:Notable moment was the bat's milk comment, swiftly followed by hysterics & choking on inhaled beer :lol:
I thought we'd lost you at that moment - what a way to go :lol:
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Gripper

Thanks to all. Good to see familiar faces, familiar haircuts and unfamiliar hats.
Here's to the next one.
:D
My car's faster than your mum, but not as dirty.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Planet Dave wrote:....got back to nature with the sunrise, fell out with nature after a Panzer mosquito assault ('lumps' have started to appear all over my body, how're you lot?)....
Yeah - I am covered in big welts. I thought I had the plague. :|
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:....got back to nature with the sunrise, fell out with nature after a Panzer mosquito assault ('lumps' have started to appear all over my body, how're you lot?)....
How did you get bitten? You were asleep in the garage :lol:
The bumps are coming up on me too. Got to get down the chemist & get stuff to put on them.
Did you notice that after they bit, they flew all erratically? Serves 'em right to drink 40% proof blood :twisted:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Silver_Owl
The Don

Pista wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:
How did you get bitten? You were asleep in the garage :lol:
The bumps are coming up on me too. Got to get down the chemist & get stuff to put on them.
Did you notice that after they bit, they flew all erratically? Serves 'em right to drink 40% proof blood :twisted:
Shortly before I hit the garage floor I started to feel unusual and lay in the corn out back. I'm guessing that's where they were waiting for me. :?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

That came and went far too quickly.

Back in the land of impossibly high cholesterol and petty violence now, more's the pity... it was great to see those old faces again (old being the operative word :innocent: :twisted: :P ), and to meet almost all the remaining HL "regulars" that I haven't so far :D

Absolutely gutted at not being able to make the Saturday night though, sounds like it was a riot - and even more gutted at missing out on chinwags with Carpy, Markfiend and those who only made that night. You might all consider yourselves lucky though :wink: :oops:

Still, there will be numerous next times. Thank you so much to Quiff and all the others who helped organize this, and to the trusty trobadours who provided music and merriment on the Sunday night too :notworthy:

See you all again soon 8)
Last edited by boudicca on 07 Aug 2007, 10:35, edited 1 time in total.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Pista
Cureboi

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote: Bat's Milk, chocolate beer, see-saw seats, Wagamama splinter group, skin-tight strippers (was the 1/2 price token wasted?), Z's fearless nature while crossing roads, Sinnie's boots (:oops:), Jo and the Smudgey Stamp of Doom, F1 taxi, Scotty vs Tim Sinister (Open Banter Championships 2007), the Bridge of Doom, The Poking Stick Of Fire, Zuma + guitar, more wine!, more vodka!, sunrise behind the hedge, bloody goffs, potential BBQ rabbit, bunch of cnuts.....
:oops:
Can I just say that I was never actually intending to BBQ Dave's rabbit?
I think Kat was a little concerned when I approached the cage with a :twisted: on my mush.
It was far too small. Wouldn't even have made a decent sandwich :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Shortly before I hit the garage floor I started to feel unusual and lay in the corn out back. I'm guessing that's where they were waiting for me. :?
The little sh!ts!
& that's another thing. Big surprise that absolutely no-one talked with any "*" in the words :?
I was looking forward to hearing how it was pronounced, but evidently the filter was switched off for the weekend :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

boudicca wrote:and even more gutted at missing out on chinwags with Carpy, Markfiend and those who only made that night.
Aye, where the f*ck where you? })

I'm covered in insect bites too. Dave, you shall be hearing from my solicitors :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Carpathian Psychonaut

boudicca wrote:Absolutely gutted at not being able to make the Saturday night though, sounds like it was a riot - and even more gutted at missing out on chinwags with Carpy, Markfiend and those who only made that night. You might all consider yourselves lucky though :wink: :oops:
The feeling is entirely mutual - for all the faces that I did meet, there were many who it was sad not to. You were most certainly amongst them.

As you say though, quite rightly, there will be other times!
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:
boudicca wrote:and even more gutted at missing out on chinwags with Carpy, Markfiend and those who only made that night.
Aye, where the f*ck where you? })

I'm covered in insect bites too. Dave, you shall be hearing from my solicitors :lol:
Oops :? .

Well what can I say? I ordered vampire bats, but there must've been an administrative cock-up and they sent mozzies instead. :urff:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

At least if they'd sent bats we could have milked them.

Oh no what have I started? :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
christophe
Overbomber

Better start at the beginning, this is a review.

Thursday evening, finding no sleep before I left, made it to the airport around 01h Friday morning. Tried whole night to close the eyes, but only managed to do so at 5. woken up by security around 5.02 (sorry mate, no sleeping at the airport :evil: )
The Friday.
Stumbling up to the Leeds train station to meet up with Claire around noon, finding 2 guys blocking the only available seat in the hall, biggest surprise was them saying hi to me. Great way to meet you guys; weeble, pista :notworthy:
The Friday evening.
Absolutely fabulous to meet the people. It the Party was good, nice songs played and I had some fun at the dance floor :D I’m not going to mention the Beer (as it is not beer :innocent: ) but the strongbow was good though :D far better as that Magners stuff if you ask me. :wink:
It was a good evening but I could have been drunker…. :P
The Saturday.
Absolutely devastated to miss out on the party, I missed the opportunity to meet some of heartland finest and I missed out on a lot of fun :(
Dave’s Garden.
Missed out on this one too :( I hope you liked my present Dave, I felt welcome even though I wasn’t there :? from the stories I heard you lot had a wonderful time…
Rhombus.
I was really looking forward to seeing you guys live, but sadly we missed your show. I’m listening to “Remembrance Day� now (thank God I was in time to at least buy that) and it is one hell of a record! I hope I’ll get some other chance to see you guys perform.
Smurphs.
You guys are a legend in the back of my mind for as long as I know The Sisters of Mercy themselves, and now seeing you guys perform in your own very own way was Top :D as you probably have noticed I had a good time :P
The way Back.
Bus, Plane.. it went all pretty smooth, even the train was on time. But it HAD to be blocked by an cargo train just a few miles before Antwerp, been stuck there for quite some time I started to get worried as I lost the opportunity to have a chauffer picked me up at the station. Finally made it to Antwerp station and barely managed to get the final bus home. :eek: :lol:

It was a trip not to be forgotten....
Another Shade of You.
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:At least if they'd sent bats we could have milked them.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Unforgettable :lol:

Didn't Dave say he had a stack of booze left in his garage?
Perhaps he milked the mozzies.
It's not booze. It's alcoholic blood :eek:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pista wrote:
markfiend wrote:At least if they'd sent bats we could have milked them.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Unforgettable :lol:

Didn't Dave say he had a stack of booze left in his garage?
Perhaps he milked the mozzies.
It's not booze. It's alcoholic blood :eek:
:innocent: