Sisters @ Royal Leamington Spa 03/08/2010

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
lachert
Overbomber

miprs4 wrote:
I am posting a whole bunch of vids :-)

http://www.youtube.com/user/mipevo6

Some done already some to come... (13 in total :-) )

Great gig
oh, is you :notworthy:
waiting for more then. sorry to spoil suprise but you must understand, i'm a little bit nervous :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

miprs4 wrote:
I am posting a whole bunch of vids :-)

http://www.youtube.com/user/mipevo6

Some done already some to come... (12 in total :-) )

Great gig
Thanks for the uploads! :notworthy:
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

He almost sounds like Dave Gahan in that Arms video.
guns & cars & accidents
miprs4
Amphetamine Filth

I did a few, missed a few, so not all songs (and the battery wasn't fully charged on my flip (Doh)

I did:- (oops 11) + one of the support band who sucked...

First And Last And Always
Ribbons
Train which merged into Detonation Boulevard
No Time To Cry
Floorshow
Marian
Arms
Dominion
Vision Thing
Lucretia
Temple of Love

Enjoy
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Floorshow... the ponytail dude... MY GOD that patchouli reeks
guns & cars & accidents
Spigel
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sounds like the big machine has found its roar again!

Phucking great news 8)
hellboy69

lemme just get my head around this...

Rain From Fricking Heaven

:eek:

Amphetamine Logic

:eek:

And this section is to die for:
Body Electric
No Time To Cry
Floorshow
Marian
Glad you dudes enjoyed! Cheers for the pics, vids and reportage! :notworthy:
Screaming Dead
Road Kill

A few more pics

Silver_Owl
The Don

Nice pics man. :notworthy:

In the cold light of day with a raging hangover I can honestly say it was the best gig I've seen in the last 10 years.

They were awesome. :twisted:

It was a great day alround, great company. Nice to see all the old faces and some new ones too. :D

And did I mention...They played Rain From Heaven :!: :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

And I'll just add my twopeneth as well.....VERY enjoyable and the girls are in top form.

Could have been a tad louder for me but was house PA & also I'm a deaf old bastard :twisted:

Lee

PS. At what point was the jagermjeister a good idea in the Robin ?
PPS. At least I only had to drive the car this morning and not a freight train like some peeps ;)
Bahamas
Road Kill

I must admit that my heart filled with consternation as I walked up the stairs of the Art deco building. For on the left hand side were posters advertising upcoming events to be held at the Assembly. This included an unplugged Howard Jones only to be eclipsed by a Guns and Roses cover band a week later. I did not bother to read the fine print to see if this included Axel. My smile faded when I processed the fact that even Chinese Democracy had occur post anything the sisters had officially released.

I pushed to the small bar with she who must be obeyed and then readied myself for a set list identical to anything that I have seen post the event Horizon Tour. With a proportionate amount of smoke given the size of the venue AE and company launched into opening with First Last and Always proceed by Ribbons.

At one point I thought I was watching wake, as AE ploughed through Alice, No time to cry, Miarian and Logic. Typically more recent songs were played such as Summer, Sussan and Crash and Burn. The addition of Arms is simply the best song this band has written for some time and comes across better live than it does on You Tube. Moreover, it also gives AE greater flexibly within the set list. By now AE was working his way through third packet of cigarettes and looked relaxed and ease with himself.

We were treated with two encores. The first included a song form the sisterhood Album, followed by Vision Thing and Temple of Love.
I expressed concern when Adam Pearson left this band and a lot credit should go to both guitar players as on the basis of the performance this is a strong line up. Sometimes in life its nice being proved wrong.
I returned to my car facing a two hour drive back to London. I did so with a smile the whole way. I was not bothered that occasionally the sound was mixed, AE vocal’s were strained or the usual cheap shot of too much fog. I was just grateful that there is not any Justin Bieber on my IPOD and I had seen the best Sister’s show for some time.

As a footnote I would to thank those of you recognised me at the venue and I sincerely hope that all of you have a great summer.
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

awesome. Is the man back...or...small hopes. Rain from heaven?? Woh...
Emily
Road Kill

Thanks to everyone for posting setlists, reviews, pics and stuff. Now I really can't wait to see them tomorrow :)
Must have been awesome and they're hopefully as awesome tomorrow.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Bahamas wrote:I must admit that my heart filled with consternation as I walked up the stairs of the Art deco building. For on the left hand side were posters advertising upcoming events to be held at the Assembly. This included an unplugged Howard Jones only to be eclipsed by a Guns and Roses cover band a week later. I did not bother to read the fine print to see if this included Axel. My smile faded when I processed the fact that even Chinese Democracy had occur post anything the sisters had officially released.

I pushed to the small bar with she who must be obeyed and then readied myself for a set list identical to anything that I have seen post the event Horizon Tour. With a proportionate amount of smoke given the size of the venue AE and company launched into opening with First Last and Always proceed by Ribbons.

At one point I thought I was watching wake, as AE ploughed through Alice, No time to cry, Miarian and Logic. Typically more recent songs were played such as Summer, Sussan and Crash and Burn. The addition of Arms is simply the best song this band has written for some time and comes across better live than it does on You Tube. Moreover, it also gives AE greater flexibly within the set list. By now AE was working his way through third packet of cigarettes and looked relaxed and ease with himself.

We were treated with two encores. The first included a song form the sisterhood Album, followed by Vision Thing and Temple of Love.
I expressed concern when Adam Pearson left this band and a lot credit should go to both guitar players as on the basis of the performance this is a strong line up. Sometimes in life its nice being proved wrong.
I returned to my car facing a two hour drive back to London. I did so with a smile the whole way. I was not bothered that occasionally the sound was mixed, AE vocal’s were strained or the usual cheap shot of too much fog. I was just grateful that there is not any Justin Bieber on my IPOD and I had seen the best Sister’s show for some time.

As a footnote I would to thank those of you recognised me at the venue and I sincerely hope that all of you have a great summer.
Glad you enjoyed Chris! Nice review!
"as we walk on the floodland"
Spigel

girls on coke girls on weed girls on coke girls on speed

:lol: :lol: :lol:
robertzombie
Overbomber

... and weren't Ulterior great as well?! :D

Maisey was right, Gangwar + Astbury :notworthy:
lachert
Overbomber

Spigel wrote:girls on coke girls on weed girls on coke girls on speed
if the stuff was so good, hope they left some for belgium :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
Bahamas
Road Kill

what did you make off the new merch? Other than suprise that the T shirts were black.
onager
Road Kill

I agree with most of you, easily the best gig by them for a long time, for once it didn't feel like just going through the motions, Andrew actually looked like he was enjoying what he was doing.

A good venue I thought, especially living only 20 mins away, and for once I actually thought a good sound system, where you could actually understand what Andrew was saying.

Top top night
damagedone

I really hope they keep the high spirit from L.Spa gig and bring it to Artmedia fest.It seems an incredible show.
Von looks pretty good,sounds nice.Vocals are much better than 2 years ago,when I saw them in Bulgaria.
Thanx fo the vids :)
Keep Music Evil
Silver_Owl
The Don

Bahamas wrote: As a footnote I would to thank those of you recognised me at the venue and I sincerely hope that all of you have a great summer.
Nice revue Chris.

Great to see you again mate.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
sisxbeforedawn

just got back home, WHAT A GIG :D
I met a devil woman, she took my heart away
Husek

Awesome recordings! Nice, rly nice!
Still waiting for a Rain From Heaven Recording :innocent:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
mh
Above the Chemist

Been stitched up by flight times again, but oh well.

Now that I'm sobered up and feeling almost human again, well that was really quite awesome stuff. :D NTTC and Body Electric alone were very pleasantly surprising on their own, but then they came back on and these strange beats started up. At first I thought it was the new one (and talking to people after, so did most everyone else) but after about a minute that feeling of witnessing something special started kicking in: "f--k me, this sounds like Rain from Heaven!"

Totally unexpected and totally cool. There's definitely life in the old dog yet if last night's performance was anything to go by.

Big "hi" to old faces and new, great seeing everyone again (and some for the first time).

Funniest moment: the story about the train on fire. And Don getting threatened with "the wrath of the Welsh people".

Most "oh crap this can't be happening moment": this morning in TJ's. ;)

Weirdest moment: has to be the upstairs 70s men's club after show.

Most "that wasn't a good idea" moment: lying on my stomach this morning after a belly full of beer. :urff:

Till the Next One arrives! :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

awww sounds like we have happy island people! :D :notworthy:

thanks very much for the reviews, photos and the recordings! :notworthy:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity