Wayne on the Sisters.....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
playboy
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote: ... ;D ;D ;D ... and imagine what could have been, if there had not been such a lot of mess in their way ...

For some of these things it's too late, and surely quite to the contentment of a few people...

But hell, The Sisters of Mercy are still there and therefore, nothing is lost ... ;D ...
Yes, imagine what it be like if they had not stopped releasing records.. Maybe we would have like 12 albums....mmmmm..... such a shame, that would be so nice.

Have a nice day
Yes, an incredible shame. But there is no point in mourning over spilt milk (or whatever happened) ...

Thanks for you good wishes, though ... ;D ... it is a lovely and sunny day over here, not even all that cold ... ;D ...
spilt coke, perhaps..... :lol:

Sunny day? Not cold? Hell, where are you?
Cloudy and cold here.......
Being645
Intellectual Love God

playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote: Yes, imagine what it be like if they had not stopped releasing records.. Maybe we would have like 12 albums....mmmmm..... such a shame, that would be so nice.

Have a nice day
Yes, an incredible shame. But there is no point in mourning over spilt milk (or whatever happened) ...

Thanks for you good wishes, though ... ;D ... it is a lovely and sunny day over here, not even all that cold ... ;D ...

Well, that chapter was done some time in the late 1990ies, with SSV ... ;D ;D ;D ... a wonderful album, btw ...

November 2011. Sunshine in Cologne. And where are you?
panzerfaust

praising SSV..

disturbing. possibly doable when your completely out of touch with the whole electronic dance scene.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

panzerfaust wrote:praising SSV..

disturbing. possibly doable when your completely out of touch with the whole electronic dance scene.
The electronic dance scene is not the right context for SSV ... disturbing you mishmash these together ... but hell ... :wink: ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

panzerfaust wrote:praising SSV..

Are there many people on here who are or who would want to be in touch with it ??
playboy

Being645 wrote:
playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote: Yes, an incredible shame. But there is no point in mourning over spilt milk (or whatever happened) ...

Well, that chapter was done some time in the late 1990ies, with SSV ... ;D ;D ;D ... a wonderful album, btw ...

November 2011. Sunshine in Cologne. And where are you?
In a cold Sweden...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

SSV is pants.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Intellectual Love God

playboy wrote:
Being645 wrote: November 2011. Sunshine in Cologne. And where are you?
In a cold Sweden...
Oh yeah, I've been to Gothenburg in September ... really a cold place where your grandmas gotta look like 25-year-old fashion-goths and "all buggers of sorts" are under daily assessment at the busstation. Had it not been for a view from that large Ferris wheel, I had given the place for lost ... but this made me give it a second chance.
Gothenburg felt like Germany before 2005, before the entire dispossession of the weakest parts of the population to the benefit of the rich ... nasty resentment and hushing for shimmer, shine, power and subordination all over ...
My view of Sweden as the ideal of a democracy with high values in education and a high regard for human dignity has entirely changed with that short visit, and honestly, my condolences to all you Swedes ... for here in Germany, the atmosphere was heated the same, and it has come through by now, what was real and what was not. An expensive lesson for very many more than would have thought themselves to be personally "concerned" ...

@markfiend
Yeah, SSV is not the adorable type of stuff ... :lol: ... but soo rightly so, and perfectly expressed ... I can't but love it (as a piece of art and of music) ... ;D ...
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:SSV is pants.
yeah. it's bad techno produced by someone not familiar with the genre :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It's not just bad, it's wilfully bad. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
panzerfaust

and it is referring itself to electronic dance music. in particular those days german scene straight beat scene. it is using its patterns. claiming its not is just a mere wishful thinking.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

panzerfaust wrote:and it is referring itself to electronic dance music. in particular those days german scene straight beat scene. it is using its patterns. claiming its not is just a mere wishful thinking.
Oh yeah, Germany's electronic beat scene had it's bad days as well ... especially towards the end of the 1990ies ...
and after having taken over common music biz patterns ... which was, then as ever, wishful thinking ...
TragicSerenades
Road Kill

Of course it`s a matter of taste..And I think that
they were better before FALAA and got better again with floodland..I do think that FALAA is a good album,but the other stuff is better..I can`t really see Wayne as the messiah that others do, when Marian is the only song that he has written that`s good...so what if they got bigger with that album,
more commercial success doesn`t always equal
better music...I think that they had done alright even without that album..floodland might had come anyway :D
In my world you can`t compare nttc and walk away with songs like
on the wire,alice,adrenochrome,lights,some kind of stranger.....
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Being645 wrote:Well, that chapter was done some time in the late 1990ies, with SSV
Which, regardless of its merits or lack thereof, isn't a Sisters album. It's just some bad techno with Von's sampled vocals.
TragicSerenades
Road Kill

Just because Sisters are my no 1 band, I don`t have to think that every song the`ve done is great.
And there`s been some of lesser standards believe me..

FALAA: the better standards version...

Falaa
Marian
Amphetamine logic
Bury me deep
Good things (about time it got released)
On the wire
Wide Receiver (not sure if it was written by that time,but one can wish)
Poison door (or Blood money..hands up to Wayne on that one too :) )
Where spirits fly
Some kind of stranger
Being645
Intellectual Love God

stufarq wrote:
Being645 wrote:Well, that chapter was done some time in the late 1990ies, with SSV
Which, regardless of its merits or lack thereof, isn't a Sisters album. It's just some bad techno with Von's sampled vocals.
Oh yes, I see ... all the songs (consisting of lyrics as well) have no relation to The Sisters of Mercy (apart from sampled vocals of Von), whatsoever.

How on earth could I be so wrong about them ...

Nice
Knife, Paper; Stone And Guns
[url=http://sisterswiki.org/Two_In_The_Nose]Two In The Nose

Bad Vultee
Gone
Drugsar
High School *mark: High School, not Highschool
Feel No Pain
Go Figure
Shut The f**k Up
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Von didn't write any of it. He's just a guest on someone else's deranged noise.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

stufarq wrote:Von didn't write any of it. He's just a guest on someone else's deranged noise.
He did not write those lyrics??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

No, I see ...
Lyrics: T. Schroeder
... and anyway http://sisterswiki.org/SSV

But still ... I like it ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Sorry to have to resurrect this totally uncontroversial thread ( :innocent: ) but I'm afraid naughty Wayne has been at it again.
This review of last week's Buenos Aires gig on his XXV tour (wonder where he got the idea for the roman numerals from) :

http://gothicba.wordpress.com/

make reference to the fact that he "mocked AE and the current Sisters and asked if anyone had heard him sing at the recent B.A. show". Tut, tut.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:This review of last week's Buenos Aires gig on his XXV tour (wonder where he got the idea for the roman numerals from) :
Probably from the fact that he's been using them since the early Mish singles in 1986. (The first five were numbered I-V on the front covers.) And then used them again for The 2008 Final Chapter tour, which used a big XXII logo. Wonder where Von got the idea III years later.
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Srsly? Hussey still talking about Von and the sisters?
It was like 25(or more) ago, Von don't give a single fuck for hussey and what he say, and he still mocking?

Sorry for the pic fella but..
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

M'era Luna 2000 (or when it was). Ok, i know, long ago, but still.
Being645
Intellectual Love God

Husek wrote:Srsly? Hussey still talking about Von and the sisters?
It was like 25(or more) ago, Von don't give a single fuck for hussey and what he say, and he still mocking?

Sorry for the pic fella but..
... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...

Oh, we know all to well, it's only because he wants to make himself interesting. Poor dunce ... :wink: ...
waters
Road Kill

A question from someone on the MWIS forum. If Andrew Eldritch approached you about getting back together and playing some TSOM reunion shows would you consider it?
I would’ve said yes a couple of years ago but not now. In fact there were some noises being made, I’m not sure where they emanated from, maybe just wishful thinking on somebody’s part, and I was asked that very same question and I thought ‘Yeh, I’d consider that’. It was around that same time that the ‘Dritch was in Sao Paulo with his insignificant co-horts playing a show and in light of the approaches I thought I’d go down and see the show and say hello and see if there was any mileage in the idea and to see how they were having heard all the rumours as to just how bad the show has been these last few years. So I asked George Allen, my manager, to contact the ‘Dritch’s people and ask to be put on the guest list. George received an email reply supposedly from the once great man (in his own living room) himself saying ‘no f**king way’. So that was the end of that idea. Don’t know what his problem still is and I don’t care. So the short answer to your question is no f**king way
robm
Amphetamine Filth

"Insignificant cohorts"?

Oh, the realization that stalks that statement but will never pounce on him.