Belgian HL Invasion!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Yes yes... let's play "Teach The Foreigner To Say Rude And Silly Things" - shame on you all! :P :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Next time we'll move on to more difficult dialects like 'Leives' with Big Bill's 'Ene me Hesp en ene me Kees'. It'll teach you how to order the finer Flemish cuisine in Leuven... ;D
13Vision13
Road Kill

I'm glad you all enjoyed your stay at Flanders Fields so much :)
and I surely hope you had an excellent time at the FGG-afterparty.

@ Iz ... maybe we should refer to our hometown as "My Heartlier" now 8)

Greetz
Fille
--- Nunc est bibendum ---
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

13Vision13 wrote:@ Iz ... maybe we should refer to our hometown as "My Heartlier" now 8)

Greetz
Fille
You fooking BET! :notworthy:

My HeartLier HeartLier HeartLier... ;D

PS: I did a wee update on the FGG site, just a small note...

Expect pics up soon, as wel get 'em all! ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Oh, and next time: we will visit this place as well! ;D

IZ.
Perhaps we better not. We might not be able to remove James from the brewery! ;D
James Blast
Banned

Ahráyeph wrote:Perhaps we better not. We might not be able to remove James from the brewery! ;D
Just what the hell do you mean by 'perhaps' Oh My Brother!? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
scotty
Overbomber

Photies?
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:Perhaps we better not. We might not be able to remove James from the brewery! ;D
Just what the hell do you mean by 'perhaps' Oh My Brother!? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Genau, what wás I thinking? :lol: :lol:
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Glad everyone had it large over there, that's a sorted selection of pictures, and a true Laugh Out Loud video! :lol:

:notworthy:
James Blast
Banned

timsinister wrote:Glad everyone had it large over there
Tim, you really have no idea what it was like.
I'll just say Piano! and get me coat... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

And Libby just had to remind me of that 'unforgettable' moment, didn't you, Libs... :lol:
James Blast
Banned

I think that musta been a wee tet'a'tet I missed, ne'ermind :innocent:
I wouldn't change a thing - FACT!

mind you, Duvel was inlvolved... :D
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

I seem to recall there was Duvel involved, aye... ;D
James Blast
Banned

that magnum is in the Blast Archive till 17/5/07~FACT! :twisted:
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

and I think my avatar is pretty damn groovey, BTW :twisted:
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:and I think my avatar is pretty damn groovey, BTW :twisted:
That's an understatement as far as I'm concerned :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
therealsamdevos
Road Kill

Obviousman wrote:
James Blast wrote:and I think my avatar is pretty damn groovey, BTW :twisted:
That's an understatement as far as I'm concerned :notworthy:
it's the grooviestest :notworthy:

some more concert pcitures are up at our www.myspace.com/forgreatergood
greets

samdevos
eotunun
Overbomber

Dear Diary,

I just had a marvelous trip via the train station at the end of the Universe to Belgian´s north where I met a couple of the best madmen the world has to offer.
A surprisingly nice trainride on the Thalys to a railway station at the end of the Universe and on to Antwerp.

The bit of Christophe and Zeno was mentioned above, as well as Christophe´s mom, al three of whom earned themselves honours to no end for what they did.

Next I met libby and her husband Jurj who I instantly found a good contact to (As probably everybody will), and we talked for hours on our first meeting ever like old friends. You two are some of the nicest folks one could possibly meet, you know that?

Finally met uncle James who yet has to learn which orifice is the right one to feed humans, and that feeding is not going to work with sleeping ones. But that man is instant party. Wait till he pours some Duvel, and he turns into an entertainer.

Ahráyeph turned out to be another friend I hadn´t met yet. A multilingual and outsandingly friendly chap. Good to have met you!
I´m looking forward to your visit on your way to Slovenia.

After having talked to boudicca many times via pm and on the phone, I got an impression of what it´s like when she gets into a cheerfull mood at Leuven. You were sooo cute..
Just to meet you would well have been worth the trip, your Majesty! :notworthy: :kiss:

Andrew S, whom you would recognize instantly if you saw a picture of a crowd in New York with him on it. Top chap, you are!

Madamme "Bunnymum" Butterfly and Jos, who actually resembles of David Bowie a bit, turned up before the gig. Unfortunately we didn´t have much time for a talk, but the talk we had was of the old-friends-meeting kind. More of that when we meet again! ;D

radiojamaica and 13vision13 completed the local invaders on the visitors side. Both utterly pleasant people to meet.

Enter For Greater Good!

Didn´t recognize Sir Izbert in front of the venue, but I think he was to busy with thinking of the gig to spend a thought on stabbing me for it. We had a brief and nice chat, I hope we get the chance for a more another time. One of the events of the evening was his meeting James, anyway. :wink:

The stars of the evening in serious pre-gig stress. Had a brief and enjoyable chat with therealsamdevos, who had difficulty keeping his exitement under cover..

As said various times, the gig was incredibly good. I´ve seen a few gigs at youth clubs, but this one was professional and perfectly set up, great sound and music, touching and impressing to no end.

After the gig I met the Duvel. Several times, actually, which brought my world out of order. Met a chap from Denmark whith whom I had a chat in the bits of swedish I know (Hej Chris, för et händelse att Du finns det här, det var roligt att treffer dej!) before taking a nap at a Pizzeria that apparently has become famous (or should I say infamous?). I became object to experiments at waking techniques that failed. I hope you remember what finally did the trick, as I wouldn´t want to repeat the studies. *cough*

I had to use german, english, the bits of french and swedish I know and add a bit of flamsk. Spell babylon shock.
On the hung over sunday I had a bit of difficulty to sort my words into order.. :innocent:

Then came monday, the time to go home. We reluctantly did go, I was hoping to change my booked seat to an earlier train which didn´t work. See my post from feb 26th.. I was stuck for some seven hours at the railway station at the end of the Univers, watched an old woman trying to convince a candy automat to give her some Mars bars at the shiny and modern inside of the station.
Änd et wundervølle Telefonsystem:
But stepping outside; if ound myself greeted by the stench of a public toilet. Actually it´s a walkway, but it gets used as the latter.
Through the yellow air you could see modern buisness archtecture;
but turning right, it got obvious that Potemkin was still considered a star architect there:
Noticen our cultütral highlightenen änd thrilling hot redlight destrictenen, tøø:
Renten se hottest sexy sheepenen änd whøres with decades øf experience!
Änd et impressingde Telefonsystem:
Did you know that time is really really slow at the end of the Universe?
But the rest of Belgium definately was great and actually a beauty of landscape, a great time.
Änd en outständingde Telefon...
..bollox!
There is shadow under this red rock
therealsamdevos
Road Kill

eotunun wrote:therealsamdevos, who had difficulty keeping his exitement under cover..
yes, i do get that way sometimes, my humble apologies
running around with my mind filled up to the edge

the day i have to get onto a stage and not feel overly nervous about it
that's the day i quit

i'm nervous cause I'm a "perfectionist" when it comes to music
eotunun wrote:Enter For Greater Good!
As said various times, the gig was incredibly good. I´ve seen a few gigs at youth clubs, but this one was professional and perfectly set up, great sound and music, touching and impressing to no end.
8)

Thanx a lot to everyone for the very nice comments
* the "perfectionist" sighs a breath of release *

Please feel free to leave a little comment in our Guestbook at www.forgreatergood.be
greets

samdevos
Izzy HaveMercy

therealsamdevos wrote:
eotunun wrote:therealsamdevos, who had difficulty keeping his exitement under cover..
yes, i do get that way sometimes, my humble apologies
running around with my mind filled up to the edge

the day i have to get onto a stage and not feel overly nervous about it
that's the day i quit

i'm nervous cause I'm a "perfectionist" when it comes to music
eotunun wrote:Enter For Greater Good!
8)

Thanx a lot to everyone for the very nice comments
* the "perfectionist" sighs a breath of release *

Please feel free to leave a little comment in our Guestbook at www.forgreatergood.be
Can I just mention that, tho more peeps were involved, Sam was for a big part responsible for the sound of this evening? What his being a perfectionist and all, it really works out every time in the end! Sam doesn't stop until it is all set to near perfection...

And oh, Jürgen, just a small nite about Chris, the Dansk guy you mentioned. He is a Flemish as they come, but he speaks fluent Norse due to foru years of schooling ;D

But he can easily fool you, he was drunk as feck, but it never stops him from speaking the language as if it were his own...

IZ.
eotunun
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: And oh, Jürgen, just a small nite about Chris, the Dansk guy you mentioned. He is a Flemish as they come, but he speaks fluent Norse due to foru years of schooling ;D

But he can easily fool you, he was drunk as feck, but it never stops him from speaking the language as if it were his own...

IZ.
..anyway, I´m rather proud of being able to have been (roughly) after drowning in a pool of Duvel to make myself undestood in that language.
Greet him when you see him, please. ;D
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Great pics of Brussels, Jürgen :lol: Not every bit of Belgium is as likeable :wink:

You should've gone to see the central station though. Horta, no less :notworthy: :notworthy:

You were quite Babylonic indeed :eek: You had me thinking you were making up your own lingo, when apparently you were speaking Danish :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
eotunun
Overbomber

Apparently the precise setup of the situation was that there was a german speaking swedish to a flams Belgian who replied in Norwegian, thinking the german spoke danish.
That only happens at Europe.

Any further questions? :wink:

I was expecting an act of god any minute.

P.S.: I´ll buy a flams dictionary this week! ;D
christophe
Overbomber

You heard the tale, but nothing could prepare you for:

Just the two of us.
It turned out a bit dark, luckily.
Another Shade of You.