Slightly depressed.... (CBPOB)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I can remember about three teachers who made a lesson interesting, and a dozen who's idea of teaching was "copy page 74 in silence for 45 minutes".
Did any of you watch the television series where modern children were sent to a 50' style boarding school with "traditional" teaching methods? I was watching it while still in Finland. Biggest eye opener for me was when a girl predicted A in GCSE Biology called the esophagus "Err..food-pipe?" after originally guessing food goes down the trachea!
If I ever have children, which is somewhat unlikely, I would never send them to a state comprehensive in Britain.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

... it's definitely one of these days ... :urff: :urff: :urff: :( :( :( :urff: :urff: :urff: ...

Ah, the heck with it! - This evening belongs to Motörhead ... that will surely change at least my mood ... ;D ;D ;D ...
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

ofsted on monday :(
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Debaser
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:ofsted on monday :(
OH BUM!!! What a real crappy time too because, I presume, everything will be all teatowles and tinsel.

I'll be thinking of you. Will ship some of our snow your way if you want?
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

EVERYONE pray for snow on sunday/monday!
2 dayer, ness, arsewipe.
cheers for thoughts. *sigh*
but still, won't be doing much work AFTER ofsted!
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Carpathian Psychonaut

I knew winter would be difficult after the last 18 months or so but with such a fast drop in the temperature and the snow & ice it's completely knocked the outdoor nature I've come to rely on in my free time. That's been great for my mental & physical health but, instead, I've spent the last week doing pretty much nothing except sit, eat & keep warm.

Sorry, just needed somewhere to vent for a mo. It's tough when you realise you've not taken as many steps forward as you thought.
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:I knew winter would be difficult after the last 18 months or so but with such a fast drop in the temperature and the snow & ice it's completely knocked the outdoor nature I've come to rely on in my free time. That's been great for my mental & physical health but, instead, I've spent the last week doing pretty much nothing except sit, eat & keep warm.

Sorry, just needed somewhere to vent for a mo. It's tough when you realise you've not taken as many steps forward as you thought.
I'm sitting around waiting for the year to end, wanna start a self-help group? :|

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:I'm sitting around waiting for the year to end, wanna start a self-help group? :|

IZ.
I don't know about you, but I prefer to do my...er... "self help" in private. I'm really not sure I'd be comfortable sharing that level of intimacy with the other (albeit lovely) people on this forum... :lol:

(of course, if certain members of this community wanted to come round and assist with my "self help", I'd not say no. Naturally this applies more to certain members than to others, and no, Mr. Blast, you shouldn't feel the need to offer, thanks all the same.)
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Carpathian Psychonaut

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:I knew winter would be difficult after the last 18 months or so but with such a fast drop in the temperature and the snow & ice it's completely knocked the outdoor nature I've come to rely on in my free time. That's been great for my mental & physical health but, instead, I've spent the last week doing pretty much nothing except sit, eat & keep warm.

I'm sitting around waiting for the year to end, wanna start a self-help group? :|

IZ.
In a way I'd really love to say yes without a thought but I guess I also know these are the exact times I can really try and push on to get through it rather than let it beat me. I've spent maybe 10 years quietly fighting this and the thought of a bad winter being unbeatable just as I'm making strides forward annoys me more than depresses me.

Cheers all the same, Iz - appreciate the post a lot :notworthy:
Izzy HaveMercy

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.
In a way I'd really love to say yes without a thought but I guess I also know these are the exact times I can really try and push on to get through it rather than let it beat me. I've spent maybe 10 years quietly fighting this and the thought of a bad winter being unbeatable just as I'm making strides forward annoys me more than depresses me.

Cheers all the same, Iz - appreciate the post a lot :notworthy:
Right back at ya! :D

Let's make that last dreary month a BLAST to remember! ;D

IZ.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

bad, bad day on Monday ... complete breakdown of notebook, three days of vain attempts to repair
the rotten harddisk, finally formatting it, doing setups, completing unpaid jobs, hardly any meal,
uncounted cigs, barrels of coffee and about 6 hours of sleep in total ... *suffer ...

Hey ... :eek: ... I've survived it. (at least there was Motörhead on Wednesday evening) ... :wink: :D ;D ...

Now it's gonna be the dentist on Monday ... the technical check of my car on Tueday ... :eek: ... Pray for me ... :innocent:
James Blast
Banned

Blimey! you sound normal.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Carpathian Psychonaut

Hollywood declares blu-ray to be far better than dvd (which in many cases I agree with) so why then do they insist on shovelling in a dvd & digital copy with new blu-rays on sale? I'd just like to buy a blu-ray in a box, please - is it too much to ask?

It's like going to be buy some fine expensive chocolate and being told you have to pay extra for some dog chocolate drops and a lump of poo that you don't want. I know they only do it to justify bumping the price up.
Izzy HaveMercy

Carpathian Psychonaut wrote:Hollywood declares blu-ray to be far better than dvd (which in many cases I agree with) so why then do they insist on shovelling in a dvd & digital copy with new blu-rays on sale? I'd just like to buy a blu-ray in a box, please - is it too much to ask?

It's like going to be buy some fine expensive chocolate and being told you have to pay extra for some dog chocolate drops and a lump of poo that you don't want. I know they only do it to justify bumping the price up.
I always wait for the cheaper 'oh so you just want to see the movie? how odd!' versions for 5 euro or so at Boekvoordeel... ;D

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

I just check tpb ;D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Another iPod broken down :evil:

(luckily within warranty time this time round)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Big Si
School Bully

Obviousman wrote:Another iPod broken down :evil:

Zeno the Destroyer strikes again! ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

the man really is a total menace :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Not being able to get down to Glasgow for the Bunnymen gig because of the weather. :cry:

Ironically, the train I was booked on was one of the few running but the bloody bus into Aberdeen never turned up! :evil:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
sam1

Erudite wrote:Not being able to get down to Glasgow for the Bunnymen gig because of the weather. :cry:

Ironically, the train I was booked on was one of the few running but the bloody bus into Aberdeen never turned up! :evil:
if it makes you feel better(!) ,I sold my tickets because it was busy in the restaurant,,now cos of the weather,everybody's cancelled
I can't even take it off cos I gave other staff the night off!!!
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

just felt horribly depressed for no apparent reason yesterday. I literally wanted to kick myself. as it was said before, the year needs to come to an end. it should cheer me up that 2 weeks from today I'll be shopping around and having fun with my sis and family in Hungary. weather permitting that is. today is slightly better I shall drag my ass to the gym.
DeWinter

If my childhood memories must be raped by a film vfersion of "Rentaghost", and if it must feature Russell Brand, a man who has never said or done anything even vaguely amusing as far as I can see, how can he not be cast as uber-irritating Timothy Claypole?
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DeWinter wrote:If my childhood memories must be raped by a film vfersion of "Rentaghost", and if it must feature Russell Brand, a man who has never said or done anything even vaguely amusing as far as I can see, how can he not be cast as uber-irritating Timothy Claypole?
What what what?

Oh my god that sounds awful.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Obviousman wrote:Another iPod broken down :evil:

if you don't like this em pee three simply don't but it.
Debaser
Overbomber

Can't find my address book. Had the thing for over 22 years - tatty, dog-eared maybe but full of important stuff :(
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else