2 dates in Leeds 2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:The support acts official then. How very disappointmenting.
I will doubtless see some of Space Ritual as I will be there early to buy lots of lovely t shirts,but on the thursday I plan to turn up much later.
Mind you,the last time I went to Leeds Met in 2007 to the Damnation festival (heavy metal bash) we were allowed to come and go as we pleased,so we woud wander over the road to the Drydock for a pint than go back,and in the evening we watched some of the Rugby world cup final in the Fenton before going back to watch Kreator.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
mh
Above the Chemist

Not exactly over-excited about these either. :(

I love me some Hawkwind for sure, but Nik Turner's antics can be a bit too much. DT&2PB I've no real interest in.

Oh well - to the bar! :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
manchester? early 90s? the sisters? hmmm, did you ever go to the banshee?? have we met? :o 8)
The Banshee rings a bell - remind me where it is/was. I was more of a Rockworld at the weekend/ Ritzy on a Monday night type of person. Both regularly played the Sisters back then...
SteBacchus
Amphetamine Filth

Finally booked my room. Got a bargain too, £25 per room (sleeps up to 3) per night at The Etap Hotel. There's two of us so thats £12.50 a night, each. I'm happy with that :D
I don't doubt and I don't take direction....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

weebleswobble wrote:The support acts official then. How very disappointmenting.
Aye. :(

What about the "filmic delights"?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Let's be honest - we were all expecting something along the lines of The Violets at the least weren't we? :?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Hom_Corleone wrote:Let's be honest - we were all expecting something along the lines of The Violets at the least weren't we? :?
Must admit, I figured it would be someone :von: liked rather than the MV's etc. Am not a Hawkwind Fan but Pere Ubu were great last time I saw them so quite pleased.
The Chancer Corporation
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

No 'G" word bands allowed. Arch v was quite taken with the support via Farcebook, I commented it wasnt a good historical representation of 30 years history. Unfortunetly its been deleted.(the thread, not. my comment).
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Silver_Owl
The Don

weebleswobble wrote:No 'G" word bands allowed. Arch v was quite taken with the support via Farcebook, I commented it wasnt a good historical representation of 30 years history. Unfortunetly its been deleted.(the thread, not. my comment).
That's certainly the way I figured it would go.
I have nothing against either of the bands (as I don't know either of them) but was expecting a proper celebration of some sort.
Last edited by Silver_Owl on 24 Jan 2011, 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hom_Corleone wrote:Let's be honest - we were all expecting something along the lines of The Violets at the least weren't we? :?
Aye. :|
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Violets would've been a brilliant choice, ah well :(

On a lighter note, Crash Records i'd just like to say you are utterly bastard groovy ~ ticket ordered online Friday, arrived in That London the very next day! :notworthy:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I guess it's perceptions. :von: always had a different take on what made the band than quite a number of the audience and all of the music press so it's probably natural after 30 years to pay homage so to speak to your influences, Hawkwind, Pere Ubu etc rather than choose contemporaries who were labeled (literally and metaphorically) together with you at a particular time. It's probably what I'd do.
The Chancer Corporation
mh
Above the Chemist

abridged wrote:I guess it's perceptions. :von: always had a different take on what made the band than quite a number of the audience and all of the music press so it's probably natural after 30 years to pay homage so to speak to your influences, Hawkwind, Pere Ubu etc rather than choose contemporaries who were labeled (literally and metaphorically) together with you at a particular time. It's probably what I'd do.
That's a good point, yeah.
hellboy69 wrote:Violets would've been a brilliant choice, ah well :(
Might've been difficult for Si though. I would have liked the Lorries, or - going out on a limb here - if Gazza could have been persuaded to do an acoustic set.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hom_Corleone wrote: expecting
A word that should have been out of you Sisters' vocabulary for
quite some time now Steve! :P
"as we walk on the floodland"
Silver_Owl
The Don

Ozpat wrote:
:lol: Very true.

I'm sure it will be a most pleasant couple of evenings all the same. :wink:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
:lol: Very true.

I'm sure it will be a most pleasant couple of evenings all the same. :wink:
RIGHT! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

mh wrote:
abridged wrote:I guess it's perceptions. :von: always had a different take on what made the band than quite a number of the audience and all of the music press so it's probably natural after 30 years to pay homage so to speak to your influences, Hawkwind, Pere Ubu etc rather than choose contemporaries who were labeled (literally and metaphorically) together with you at a particular time. It's probably what I'd do.
That's a good point, yeah.
aye. as the man says, "That was for you. This is for us." :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
hellboy69

i prophesy an bootleg entitled Sisters on Cupcake ;D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

given the first night's support band, surely it would be "sisters on spacecake"?
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Holly_DelRey

I don't even know either of the opening bands myself so, that'll be me at the bar until The Sisters come on 8)
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
hellboy69

Quiff Boy wrote:given the first night's support band, surely it would be "sisters on spacecake"?
:lol:
Hollylicious wrote:I don't even know either of the opening bands myself so, that'll be me at the bar until The Sisters come on 8)
cuatb!
theparadox2010
Amphetamine Filth

I'll quite enjoy the support on the first night, not sure about David though, shame tinstar are not up and running, a version is availible, called JOK, but think the gig as been finalised..
we're better than the birthday party, but not as good as motorhead, that makes us pretty damn good!!!!
Emerald Green
Road Kill

Quiff Boy wrote:given the first night's support band, surely it would be "sisters on spacecake"?
That was certainly my plan! :wink:

Looking forward to a bit of Nik Turner too (though not my vocalist of choice by a long shot). Will certainly put an alternative slant on proceedings...
True Love Doth Pass Away
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

What about Nik Kershaw?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

weebleswobble wrote:What about Nik Kershaw?
He wrote Chesney Hawkes's hit The One And Only. Grounds for termination with extreme prejudice IMO :lol:
—Bertrand Russell