Return of the son of 'Currently Listening'

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

bismarck wrote:Bartek I like your style.

I saw Swans twice in the past two years and will see the again in a month. Isn't that Angels of Light album just great? Better than My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky, in my view.
Foetus // Hide
I also saw Swans twice in last two years, they get better and better. So much better come back/reunion than PIL, imo, even that PIL is good, but, so far ther chose "easy" way.
I have to agree that this particular album is sublime, from the beginning to the end. "My father.." was good when it was released, but when "The Seer" is released, it sounds so conservative, a bit weak compering to power and energy of the new one. Well it' still solid, but not that good as "The Seer" and AOL "WAH".
Have phun, i hope that i find job so i can go their gig in Prague.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
paint it black wrote:The Orb featuring Lee Scratch Perry
High on my want-list that one, although it can never be as good as I want it to be...
Oh, it is pretty good stuff :D

Bartek wrote:
bismarck wrote:Bartek I like your style.

I saw Swans twice in the past two years and will see the again in a month. Isn't that Angels of Light album just great? Better than My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky, in my view.
Foetus // Hide
I also saw Swans twice in last two years, they get better and better. So much better come back/reunion than PIL, imo, even that PIL is good, but, so far ther chose "easy" way.
I have to agree that this particular album is sublime, from the beginning to the end. "My father.." was good when it was released, but when "The Seer" is released, it sounds so conservative, a bit weak compering to power and energy of the new one. Well it' still solid, but not that good as "The Seer" and AOL "WAH".
Have phun, i hope that i find job so i can go their gig in Prague.

I've seen them twice also the last 2 years and they do get better and better! I haven't heard the new album yet, but I did like the My Father... one.
The PIL reunion/new album? Not really interested in that myself. Their race was run long ago...

CLT one of the very best dub albums around:

8) :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Pista
Cureboi

Kiss The Blade

The Party's Begun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4idEOMq7EVU
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Pronography from Trilogy

A stunner of a version!!

:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
numan
Road Kill

Adam Ant on Bestival Stream TV...and waiting for Gary Numan..

http://www.youtube.com/bestivaltv
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

The PIL reunion/new album? Not really interested in that myself. Their race was run long ago...
I think you're wrong mate. 50% of it is amongst their best stuff imho (I will admit 2 songs are a bit of a let down to me)

Goths have feelings too
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Same here, without "Terra-gate" and "It said that" "This is PIL" would be much better.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
radiojamaica
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
I think you're wrong mate. 50% of it is amongst their best stuff imho (I will admit 2 songs are a bit of a let down to me)
Really? I might check it out after all then...

in dub we trust
blackandgold65
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

sinister....can't beat a bit of John Carpenter

"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
radiojamaica
Overbomber

in dub we trust
blackandgold65

easy listening (!)..Gira is back - yessss. 'The Seer' by Swans

"I think insipid music is very dangerous. It's a narcotic for the nation as you very well know."
czuczu
Overbomber

Next up...

radiojamaica
Overbomber

in dub we trust
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

blackandgold65 wrote:easy listening (!)..Gira is back - yessss. 'The Seer' by Swans

so far i listened only preview on npr and i want that album (org. CD) badly and madly.
blackandgold65

Bartek wrote:
blackandgold65 wrote:easy listening (!)..Gira is back - yessss. 'The Seer' by Swans

so far i listened only preview on npr and i want that album (org. CD) badly and madly.
I love Swans....each album takes me a while to get into, they are 'growers'. Only played The Seer a couple of times so far of course, but I think it could be one of my top 5 for this year.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

8)
in dub we trust
radiojamaica
Overbomber

The Sisters live at the Maritime Hall, San Francisco, 6/2/98. Great stuff!
in dub we trust
christophe
Overbomber

blackandgold65 wrote:
Bartek wrote:

I love Swans....each album takes me a while to get into, they are 'growers'. Only played The Seer a couple of times so far of course, but I think it could be one of my top 5 for this year.
I did not care too much for disc 1 but disc 2 seems to be rather good. but nowhere near "my Father will ...."

here
Another Shade of You.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

in every dream home a heartache...

I'm so looking forward to tonights gig 8)
in dub we trust
radiojamaica
Overbomber

in dub we trust
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Grinderman - Bellringer Blues
fantastic track, the more i listen to it, the more i love it. too bad they quitted this project.