April 14th - Paris

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
Badlander
Overbomber

Here's a review from the electronic fanzine "Obsküre" :
http://www.obskure.com/fr/reportconcert.php?id=69

It's not such great stuff though, and more than a bit gothic. :urff:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Rather daft indeed. Interviewing themselves *yawn*
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Great pics Debs... :notworthy: :notworthy:

Well done Jos... :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Back home at my German Vivanco keyboard :-)

I flew to Paris on Thursday already, met up with one of the Christians from Berlin (artfuck) at Hanover airport and flew over to Paris where we joined Andreas (sisters-pics). On Friday we went to Pere Lachaise, a minute of silence at Jim Morrisons grave ("I was here but you were sleeping"), a rest between the graves and some time later we were joined by Eggi.

Back to Place de la Pantin, buying drinks and food, meeting Thomas, and then to the venue where I met doktoravalance and Albérick. A handshake, short chat and back to the others. Little later we were joined by Eva, Helen and Andrew and listened to the soundcheck. The man was there, his voice was there so chances were good for a great night. Back to the nearby hotel for some sleep and then back to venue.

More and more heartlanders around: doc p & wife, scardwell who was arriving just in time, Quiffy and Jo (missed you out of sight unfortunately), Sentenza + friend from the Poison Door forum, my old buddy Tom Meert etc. Was great to meet you again folks!

Oh dear, they serve beers in tins. Those French are barbarians. At least sometimes. ;-)

After missing almost the complete set of the opener hurrying to the front. Nothing special for the set list but a great performance by the Sisters and an audience which really seemed to enjoy the set. My first gig of the current tour and I enjoyed it very much. Ben and Chris are doing a really good job. Highlights for me: Crash and burn (as usual), Susanne and This Corrosion.

Next day, leaving the hotel. Zeno: guess that was you who was walking down to the basement garage when I was walking to the metro? Too bad we did not meet the night before.

Checking e-mails in an internet café, almost going mad with the French keyboard and on to the city centre. Visit of Centre Pompidou, visiting the exhibition of modern arts and met up with Bella + friend + some nice people from Belgium in the afternoon. Some good food in a nice restaurant (Yes, the French indeed know how to cook) and then back to the metro, going to Charles de Gaulle airport where I met scardwell again, flight to Dortmund and then further on to Hamburg the next day.

Cheers to everyone I met in Paris – you people are great!
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Christian wrote:Next day, leaving the hotel. Zeno: guess that was you who was walking down to the basement garage when I was walking to the metro? Too bad we did not meet the night before.
That was you? :eek: I was walking down into the garage together with Koen, Christophe, Debs and Jos indeed as someone waved to say hello, hadn't recognised you :oops:

There'll be another gig where we'll meet again for sure :wink:

Sorry!

Only about 20 posts away from top non-currently thread ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

Obviousman wrote: Only about 20 posts away from top non-currently thread ;D
Just wait till we get our weed and start discussing it. :innocent:
This one's gonna be winner ! :twisted:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Badlander wrote:Here's a review from the electronic fanzine "Obsküre" :

What about a translation Eric? :twisted: :wink:
Badlander
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
Badlander wrote:Here's a review from the electronic fanzine "Obsküre" :

What about a translation Eric? :twisted: :wink:
Too damn long and not really worth the hassle. :roll:
It'd make you mad anyway. :innocent:
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

Ok a short rewiew before beginning the week

Arrive near the zenith at the end of the afternoon with tuco after some beers under the "april sun", we go to the venue which is quite good.After a chat with the seller of the merchandising store who wanted to sell a "militant sex machine" tee to tuco, we decided to get the more beers that we can and we met nice guy like christian, artfuck or floodland from the poison door forum and some heartlanders which I didn't know like Quiff boy (i guess we're the last guys here who didn't know Quiff boy).Good mood, nice people except some parisians "I'm a sister fan just until 1985" have some boring conversation.Anyway, we get near the front row with tuco and christianand we enjoy this gig: awesome!!It's rocked definitly...but some french persons were not convinced. Life goes on and the sisters too, that's life!And that is what they didn't understood, I think.
After the show, we've a great moment chatting with Stu, eva, andrew and helen in "the furieux". After that we decided to go to "the club" and we arrive in a gothic night (hilarious!!) where we were the only ones with some colors (the green of the sisters bullet tee).One good thing : nine while nine, some kind of stranger or burn in a discotheque.Great!!!Even we danced with vampires.Brrrrr...
Som bad news the tomorrow afternoon : Tuco has made a wrong action and the recording didn't play. AGHAGHAGH : tuco, the technic and beers isn't a good cocktail, you know.He's my best friend but sometimes...
Well, a fantastic trip.Greetings everyone I met.

yan/sentenza
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

Ok a short rewiew before beginning the week

Arrive near the zenith at the end of the afternoon with tuco after some beers under the "april sun", we go to the venue which is quite good.After a chat with the seller of the merchandising store who wanted to sell a "militant sex machine" tee to tuco, we decided to get the more beers that we can and we met nice guy like christian, artfuck or floodland from the poison door forum and some heartlanders which I didn't know like Quiff boy (i guess we're the last guys here who didn't know Quiff boy).Good mood, nice people except some parisians "I'm a sister fan just until 1985" have some boring conversation.Anyway, we get near the front row with tuco and christianand we enjoy this gig: awesome!!It's rocked definitly...but some french persons were not convinced. Life goes on and the sisters too, that's life!And that is what they didn't understood, I think.
After the show, we've a great moment chatting with Stu, eva, andrew and helen in "the furieux". After that we decided to go to "the club" and we arrive in a gothic night (hilarious!!) where we were the only ones with some colors (the green of the sisters bullet tee).One good thing : nine while nine, some kind of stranger or burn in a discotheque.Great!!!Even we danced with vampires.Brrrrr...
Som bad news the tomorrow afternoon : Tuco has made a wrong action and the recording didn't play. AGHAGHAGH : tuco, the technic and beers isn't a good cocktail, you know.He's my best friend but sometimes...
Well, a fantastic trip.Greetings everyone I met.

yan/sentenza
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

lachert wrote:
paul wrote:I recorded the gig. Trades for other 2006 shows only, plz
http://home.wanadoo.nl/traders/

cheers,
Paul
paul, if you're in mp3, you missed first part of washington show (7-3-06):
http://www.thesistersofmercy.us/tsommp3 ... hp?album=5 :D
Can you tell me if it is possible to make a downlaod in this site?
I registered myself, but can not find out how to download. Only uploads?
I saw on the side the concert of 013 in Tilburg last summer that I also visited. I realy would like to have it.
Please help me out on this one.

Greetingzzzzzzzzz
My Dominion
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
Badlander
Overbomber

My Dominion wrote: Can you tell me if it is possible to make a downlaod in this site?
I saw on the side the concert of 013 in Tilburg last summer that I also visited. I realy would like to have it.
Here's a thread that's devoted exactly to that site : clicky. 8)
Any bit of info you're looking for should be somewhere there.

@ sentenza : nice review. :notworthy:
My Dominion

Badlander wrote:
My Dominion wrote: Can you tell me if it is possible to make a downlaod in this site?
Here's a thread that's devoted exactly to that site : clicky. 8)
Any bit of info you're looking for should be somewhere there.

@ sentenza : nice review. :notworthy:
Thank you Badlander. And it works fine. Great !
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
doctoravalanche

Christian: It was nice to meet you too !!!!!! Hope you will enjoy the other concerts you will go to ...

Sentenza: a pity we did not met
hallucienate
Overbomber

Hi All

Pleasure to meet all of you. I'll post something here once I get back to a decent internet connection.

Words still fail me :notworthy:
AlBéRiCk
Road Kill

doctoravalanche wrote:I was saying that I arrived at the venue at 11h15 , we were only 5 people to wait. Then at the beginning of afternoon Albérick arrived with we went the other side of the venue to wait for the arrival of the Sisters, finally they arrived at the venue at 15h10 in a small grey Mercedes van, and they say us hello by the window as we were the only two guys waiting for them and Ben recognzied me, the day before we decided of an appointment). Then the soundcheck started half an hour later, we had in the order of play:
15h46 First and last and always / 15h54 Giving ground / 15h59 Suzanne / 16h04 I was wrong / 16h06 Temple of love / 16h15 This corrosion / 16h17 Dominion / 16h21 Something fast / 16h24 Neverland / 16h27 Lucretia / 16h31 Crash and burn / 16h35 end of the soundcheck. This soundcheck already indicated us that the sound of the show was going to be loud and clear and would be ready for this very special concert.
Half an hour later, Ben Christo came to see us, he was a little bit tired but really happy to talk with us, I gave him the now famous tee-shirt "Sisters Bite Paris 2006" and he immediatly tried it in front of us, he also told us he would really enjoy to work on a new Sisters album, so let's all cross our fingers for this miracle to happen some day ... Later we went back to the doors, there we met Robochrist who was looking for his girlfriend from Leeds, just the time to say a few words, sign the ticket and take a picture.
I will take it from there, just to add a few words: arrived at the Zenith around 13:30 with 2 friends from Lyon, and met doctoravalanche. As he said, we listened to the soundchecks and we met Ben. I asked him if it would be possible to include "This Corrosion" in the setlist and they played it...!!!

I really enjoyed the show and the sound was really great from where I was standing. That show in Paris was truely history and a perfect day to me. See you at least in London (hopefully Luxemburg as well...)
Badlander
Overbomber

AlBéRiCk wrote:I really enjoyed the show and the sound was really great from where I was standing. That show in Paris was truely history and a perfect day to me. See you at least in London (hopefully Luxemburg as well...)
I do have my ticket for the Luxembourg gig. See you there mate ! :wink: 8)
doctoravalanche

Hey friends, I am working very actively on the samll website I want to do for the Paris show, can you send me the good pictures you have of the concert, I mainly lack some of Robochrist cause I was on the left of the stage, my email address:
doctoravalanche@hotmail.com.
MadameButterfly, can I use a few pictures of yours ? Would be very nice :notworthy:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

doctoravalanche wrote:Hey friends, I am working very actively on the samll website I want to do for the Paris show, can you send me the good pictures you have of the concert, I mainly lack some of Robochrist cause I was on the left of the stage, my email address:
doctoravalanche@hotmail.com.
MadameButterfly, can I use a few pictures of yours ? Would be very nice :notworthy:
8) But of course you can use a few of mine! :D
Can you use my clicky's from here?
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
doctoravalanche

MadameButterfly wrote:of course you can use a few of mine! :D
Wonderful, thank you so much, yeah I will use the clickies :) :notworthy:
AlBéRiCk
Road Kill

so... did anybody film that show?
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

doctoravalanche wrote:
You are welcome so much! :P :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
czuczu
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:
doctoravalanche wrote:
You are welcome so much! :P :wink:
I'm using one of the the outside Zenith pics for my work wallpaper - I didn't realise we were all being watched from behind the bushes! :eek: :lol:
Badlander
Overbomber

czuczu wrote: I'm using one of the the outside Zenith pics for my work wallpaper - I didn't realise we were all being watched from behind the bushes! :eek: :lol:
Spooky, isn't it ? :wink: :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

You made it Z. :wink: