all 3 albums reissued with bonus tracks.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
aims
Overbomber

They have indeed. However, if you already have one of the dodgy pressings, it would perhaps be more worthwhile to return copy number two and exchange it ;)
prudentia
Road Kill

sisters of mercy are my favourite band in the world, i've got vision thing, floodland and first & last & always. i've been on their official site but i can't find the album what we are the same susanne is on, where can i get it? I've only heard the live version and i'd like to here the original recording, if there is one of course. Rock on S.O.M
xxx Prudentia xxx
Drink to the dead lying under the water and the cost of the blood on the driven snow...
aims
Overbomber

Sorry to disappoint, but it's yet to be recorded properly. Whether or not it ever will be is questionable. However, there are several other "new" songs which you might not have heard which are available as live recordings in the "Sharing" section of the forum 8)
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

prudentia wrote:sisters of mercy are my favourite band in the world, i've got vision thing, floodland and first & last & always. i've been on their official site but i can't find the album what we are the same susanne is on, where can i get it? I've only heard the live version and i'd like to here the original recording, if there is one of course. Rock on S.O.M
xxx Prudentia xxx
Welcome to HL!

Go to the sharing section and grap the Amsterdam 2003 gig.
It has a great sound.

Besides that if you watch the record news section on the official site you can see that they are working on an album. So be patient for a short while longer.
"as we walk on the floodland"
James Blast
Banned

Oh prudentia you so funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I smell fresh meat :twisted:

and Pat, you really should know better :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

James Blast wrote:Oh prudentia you so funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:innocent:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Nic
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:Oh prudentia you so funny! :lol: :lol: :lol:

She's 14 years old god damn it, be nice you old fart! :P

Welcome to HL prudentia , enjoy your stay.
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
eotunun
Overbomber

Nic wrote:
She's 14 years old god damn it,
Welcome to HL prudentia , enjoy your stay.
:eek:
The freshest Heartlander!
@prudentia all others start to develop a funny smell, ye know?
:innocent: ;D
Wellcome!!
There is shadow under this red rock
Silver_Owl
The Don

Good to have you onboard young lady. Makes a nice change for someone of your age group listening to such music of high quality. Bless ya. :notworthy:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
robertzombie
Overbomber

GRR! I've been toppled from my Youngest-Heartlander throne!!!
jay
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Don't know if this has been mentioned...
http://www.uncut.co.uk/music/sisters_of ... views/9147
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

jay wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned...
Now there's a commentry (as opposed to a review) on The Sisters that I can wholeheartedly argee with. Mind you, I am rather (pleasantly) surprised that Sutherland is Peak Oil aware. Sort of elevates him a little above the usual Pond Life.
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Thanks for the review. As for the review itself, it said nothing at all and the style of alleged writing is simply contemporary with its usual splash of speed for those with an attention span of 0,5 seconds and mishmash of words and concepts conveying nothing really, least of all the substance of the albums which can hardly be contextualized with a few out-of-place comments about self-serving politicians. Bravo to the reviewer for mastering the idealized style of modern reviewer, and bravo for him being able to sell the good old 'don't belong' to the facile and futile. But don't ask me if i find something to applaud about it.

Terrible, truly. And a good reason for me not to subscribe to magazines and newspapers but rahter avoid them like the plague.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
King of Byblos
Amphetamine Filth

jay wrote:Don't know if this has been mentioned...
good but the sad thing is this is all written 'past tense'
will we ever see a new studio album?
:cry:
"Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas – only I don't exactly know what they are!"
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Steve Sutherland used to be the editor of the NME. All things considered it is a reasonable review and Uncut is a reasonable magazine.
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

itnAklipse wrote:Thanks for the review. As for the review itself, it said nothing at all and the style of alleged writing is simply contemporary with its usual splash of speed for those with an attention span of 0,5 seconds and mishmash of words and concepts conveying nothing really, least of all the substance of the albums which can hardly be contextualized with a few out-of-place comments about self-serving politicians. Bravo to the reviewer for mastering the idealized style of modern reviewer, and bravo for him being able to sell the good old 'don't belong' to the facile and futile. But don't ask me if i find something to applaud about it.

Terrible, truly. And a good reason for me not to subscribe to magazines and newspapers but rahter avoid them like the plague.

Are you serious? I can't tell anymore... your posts are hilarious. :lol: Keep 'em coming.

As for the review itself, I thought it was interesting enough. Better than the few others I've read of the reissues, which all seem to take the "godfather-of-goth reissued for an emo-goth world" angle. I think Steve Sutherland has done some decent writing on The Sisters over the years. Thanks for posting it here. Anyone know if it's in the print version (newsstand version) of the mag?

Bismarck
mh
Above the Chemist

bismarck wrote:Anyone know if it's in the print version (newsstand version) of the mag?
Yeah, the very same.

Bloody typical though.

You wait 13 years, then 3 come at the same time.

OK, so it only took me over 3 months to think of that... :oops:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Info of the boring kind, but has the sleeve been mentioned?

further info here. http://www.amazon.com/Merciful-Release- ... F8&s=music

And look what someone smelled here...
http://thehardsell.wordpress.com/2006/1 ... l-release/

sorry for posting if it's been done already... ;D
guns & cars & accidents
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

ah :oops:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... &start=100

always take a search at the forum first, daaahling.
guns & cars & accidents
robertzombie
Overbomber

That cover looks fake, look at the font and stuff, looks awful.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

robertzombie wrote:That cover looks fake, look at the font and stuff, looks awful.
Aye, well spotted. All the letters are different sizes!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Multifaceted
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:
robertzombie wrote:That cover looks fake, look at the font and stuff, looks awful.
Aye, well spotted. All the letters are different sizes!
Doesn't everyone do that text size/placement trick to make something look offbeat/diy/original? Think of the Sex Pistols' album, for example--or the stereotypical kidnapper's note--as opposed to AOL chatspeak users, who also like to make their text lOoK DifFeReNt SiZeS.

A+ marketing skills, I should say. I know lots of Hot Topic kids (in America, that is) who would buy an album that looked like that.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It just looks to me like the designer's copy of Caslon Antique is fcuked up! :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
mh
Above the Chemist

Could be just JPEG compression playing havoc with it. Least that's what I thought when I saw it first. If they get that right, it's a nice classy minimal cover.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
James Blast
Banned

def. JPEG compression, you can see artefacts all round the type and it looks like the type has come from a different source as the heid, it's not even centred
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele