AHR�YEPH

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

eotunun
Overbomber

Am I the only one who thinks that Ahrayéph is going to be an utterly *banging* experience as life act on future festivals&concerts?

*thump, thump, thum...

:notworthy: ARF! :notworthy:
There is shadow under this red rock
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

great stuff. So happy i was there :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MUSICA È
James Blast
Banned

<----- goosebumps :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

When's the next wan! :notworthy:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

I've only been at three concerts this year and two of them were in Belgium, what's all that about then?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

James Blast wrote:I've only been at three concerts this year and two of them were in Belgium, what's all that about then?
You're actually a Belgian? ;D

Music and Duvel are our most famous export products... and Weegies our most famous import product! ;D

Expeditions GIRFUY Baw-Bags Ltd. ! :notworthy:

IZ.
James Blast
Banned

now it makes sense :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Looks like gigs might be off the list for a while : got caught driving drunk and a hefty fine will thwart any attempt to keep my head above water for some time to come. My own fault, true. That's life...
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

James Blast wrote:I've only been at three concerts this year and two of them were in Belgium, what's all that about then?
:eek: which one was the second :?:
MUSICA È
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Ahráyeph wrote:Looks like gigs might be off the list for a while : got caught driving drunk and a hefty fine will thwart any attempt to keep my head above water for some time to come. My own fault, true. That's life...

shhhhiiiiiittttt :urff: :urff: %not to high i hope 4 u
MUSICA È
Izzy HaveMercy

Ahráyeph wrote:Looks like gigs might be off the list for a while : got caught driving drunk and a hefty fine will thwart any attempt to keep my head above water for some time to come. My own fault, true. That's life...
Holy Fcuk! :evil:

Yeap, own fault an'all but you're one of them guys like me that 'drink some but not too much while driving'... at least I think you are ;)

Hope it's not too expensive. OTOH, I got caught in 1998 and I learned my lesson. So it's all for greater good really ;D

IZ.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Bugger :eek: :(

Well, at least it's better to get fined than to bump into stuff, I suppose :|
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
christophe
Overbomber

Damn Raf :?
I guess you have nothing better to do now as staying at home and writing some new tunes :innocent:
(I hope for you it won't be too costly though)
Another Shade of You.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

Pleading a 'No Contest' - which I did : you do the crime, you pay the fine - will still cost me 400 euros. Contesting it in court would certainly cost me 1100 they told me. I was pissed last night, so I decided to get pished at the 33's 11th anniversary. Bad - and costly - idea. Now I'm even more pissed - at myself - and broke to boot. The ideal combination for a musician to make some good music in order to escape the life he/she leads, so the story goes (trying to see the positive side of it)...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I kind of gained the impression in February that it was illegal to drive sober in Belgium... :innocent:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Izzy HaveMercy

boudicca wrote:I kind of gained the impression in February that it was illegal to drive sober in Belgium... :innocent:
It's like downloading copyrighted music.

It IS illegal and not done, but it's a lot cheaper... ;D

IZ.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

christophe wrote:and writing some new tunes :innocent:
....about these experiences... :eek:
"as we walk on the floodland"
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

stefan moermans wrote:great stuff. So happy i was there :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Seconded :notworthy:

Memories of a great night 8)
libby
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

christophe wrote:what did Joery think of it? :P
"No Comment" he said ... :lol:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
boudicca wrote:I kind of gained the impression in February that it was illegal to drive sober in Belgium... :innocent:
It's like downloading copyrighted music.

It IS illegal and not done, but it's a lot cheaper... ;D
It's a costly lesson... which is a bummer for Raf and for us, his eager legions :wink: ... but better to learn it this way than the really hard way :urff: . I was genuinely quite taken aback by the culture regarding drinking and driving when I came over there - in February I was very worried about some of you getting behind the wheel after JH de Moeve. I really had to restrain myself as I didn't want to sound like everyone's mother :lol: :oops:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

As a driver, even I wondered Claire, imagine what his fine/punishment would've been over here? Afterall, I was the man who stood at a lamp post outside the art school union in Dundee after a serious nights bevvying and decided to put my kagool (it was the 70s, gimme a break) on as it was raining and I had a long walk in front of me - I put it over my napper, heard a screech and one almichty crunch - my head popped out the top of the kagool (Ok, I was young, in my teens, honest!) to be confronted by a car wrapped around the lamp post I was standing at. I went into shock and had to be ushered back inside the union where I was administered further bevvy until I snapped out of it. The driver was some old jaikie, pished aff his face which was a bit of a mess after it hit the steering wheel - pre seatbelt law y'see.

True story. :|
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy

I got caught in 1998, cost me at about 500 euro.

I learnt my lesson. Three beers max, during a time-span of a couple of hours. And water in between.

Or no driving at all.

It ain't worth the risk.
Not of getting caught and paying the fine. I mean the risk of ruining your life and not being able to look in a mirror anymore after you mowed a kid off the road due to drunk driving.

OTOH, there's a serious need for heavy fines for people too tired to drive as well. Almost got hit by one once who apologised and told me that he was not drunk, only very tired. As if it makes an effing difference :evil:

IZ.
eotunun
Overbomber

Oi! Bloody Oi, Iz!!

For the towing service I had one 23-hours shift. I was all alone on the transporter, and I tell you, that was a scary experience.
There is shadow under this red rock