08.04.2009 - Leeds

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Spigel wrote:That sums it very nicely ,Gripper. 8)

Now I really wish I could go tonight.
here here.

green with envy again :urff:
Debi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

woah!!!!

i just noticed that i am now officially amphetamine filth

how cool is that : ) : ) : )
242headhunter
Amphetamine Filth

euphoria wrote:
Summary for the future:

-Belgium is the real home arena of this band, go see them there instead
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Seems Ben continues to divide opinion. Good!
Honeythorn
Amphetamine Filth

THAT was fookin' great. I apologise for inflicting my weight/fat/hands/self on anyone in front, :oops: I was being squished though. Still, I had a marvellous view, sound was really good, not too much smoke and I got a setlist ! ;D I'd like to think :von: looked right at me at one point, but with the shades you never can tell and it's unlikely anyway :lol:
Captain Ahab rushed in, his craziness all unzipped......

" YER NEED TO DO MORE SEX! " ~ Drunken old Yorkshireman

http://www.sadeian.org/
Thea
Overbomber

I had a great time! Goldblade made me very giddy, we cheered at everything, many "Jolene"s were sang and that was before the Sisters turned up :lol:

Photos at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7 ... =508597961
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Thea wrote:I had a great time! Goldblade made me very giddy, we cheered at everything, many "Jolene"s were sang and that was before the Sisters turned up :lol:

YAAAAY! ;D :notworthy:

@ our Tim: nice hair, man. 8)
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Spiffing to see everyone as usual 8)
Gig itself had some highs and lows
Decided not to buy a 'shedload' of merch and spend the money on my real family instead
promptly lost wallet in cab
seriously need to revise my drinking habits :?
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Ania
Road Kill

I had lots of fun!!! Thank you to all the nice people I met again after a 3-year-break! And also to someone for keeping me the company until my night train back to Devon :-)

It was nice to see :von: at the Afterparty, albeit briefly!
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

weebleswobble wrote:Spiffing to see everyone as usual 8)
Gig itself had some highs and lows
Decided not to buy a 'shedload' of merch and spend the money on my real family instead
promptly lost wallet in cab
seriously need to revise my drinking habits :?
Sorry to hear about the wallet dude!

Hope the rest of the night was worth it ~ just been reading up on the reviews and seems i must position meself in front of the PA tonight.....
snowey
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thea wrote:I had a great time! Goldblade made me very giddy, we cheered at everything, many "Jolene"s were sang and that was before the Sisters turned up :lol:

Is Tim the bastard son of Russell Brand :lol: :innocent: :lol:
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I was just a bit to the right of you guys (leather jacket, Silver Bullet shirt).
Pista wrote:It's kind of bizarre that there are such differing opinions on this one.
Seems to be no "in-between" either.

The whole volume thing is bugging me. In Vienna, I thought they'd shake the gasometer down they were so fcuking loud.
Maybe the gripes about Eldo's "voice" has prompted them to turn everything down in an attempt to make him audible?
I'll be the in-between. I enjoyed the gig overall and it was a lot better than last time round. You could see the band properly - in fact the smoke was perfect, I thought. There was a space in the middle where Eldo could disappear into it and emerge for effect but all of the guys could be seen clearly at the front of the stage.

The vocals were much clearer this time, proving that the problem all along has been the sound mix and not the voice. Unfortunately, as Pista says, the guitars were turned too far down to compensate. They could turn the guitars up a bit and bring the Doktor down a bit so we can hear everything properly. But these gripes aside, I enjoyed the set and could actually sing along with the songs. Including Arms (with probably some of the right words!)

I'd also say that the band did look like they were enjoying themselves. Chrius always does anyway but Eldo was smiling and although there was no banter he did point to a few people in the audience, as did Chris, so that at least was crowd interaction. All things considered, a hell of a lot better than 2006.

Hated Goldblade. Just a bunch of posturing clowns making a racket. But I suppose you've got to admire them for having the balls to take the crowd by the scruff of the neck and expect them to sing along to songs they'd never heard before. And most of the audience seemed to like them. Not me though.

And finally a special word for the reeeeeally cute girl in the check shirt dancing on people's shoulders. Please tell me someone has pics. :kiss:
Honeythorn
Amphetamine Filth

Ania wrote:I had lots of fun!!! Thank you to all the nice people I met again after a 3-year-break! And also to someone for keeping me the company until my night train back to Devon :-)

WHEN?? :eek: What time was that I never saw him! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Honeythorn wrote:
Ania wrote:I had lots of fun!!! Thank you to all the nice people I met again after a 3-year-break! And also to someone for keeping me the company until my night train back to Devon :-)

WHEN?? :eek: What time was that I never saw him! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
about 12.15 / 12.30ish i think

paul was on at the time and was just about to play the mish :o he suddenly got nervous :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Oh, almost forgot. Just before the gig started, a girl got pulled out from the front having fainted. Anyone know if she's okay?

And on the way back to the hotel I got propositioned by a hooker! Is there something about me? After checking out the Shepherds Bush Empire prior to last year's Mish gigs, I got stopped twice within twenty feet and asked for/offered drugs!
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Hehehe. What was he about to play? Wasteland.

And, am I right in saying the Nurse is 'playing' a Mac these days?
Honeythorn
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
Honeythorn wrote:

about 12.15 / 12.30ish i think

paul was on at the time and was just about to play the mish :o he suddenly got nervous :lol:
Well I was there then ! I didn't see him :cry: I wouldn't have spoken to him mind you, I have trouble speaking to people in general let alone :von: . But it would have been nice to have seen him :(

Bartek
Underneath the Rock

stufarq wrote:And on the way back to the hotel I got propositioned by a hooker! Is there something about me? After checking out the Shepherds Bush Empire prior to last year's Mish gigs, I got stopped twice within twenty feet and asked for/offered drugs!
yes if avatar is your picture :wink:
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

thank you all for this wide bandwith of opinions :lol: :lol:
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

Cannot believe what i am reading on here from some Sisters fans,saying they did not like the gig last night in Leeds.

Personally i thought they were great.Miles better than the last time i went to see them, i think 3 years ago in Leeds at the Uni, which was all smoke, where you could not even see the band, and a very short set.

The aftershow party was great too, some great tunes played, and met some old giging pals,had a great time in all. Just wish i had booked for London too.

Hope we don't have to wait too long for the next tour :notworthy:
I go to gigs, and if there is any money left, I eat
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

snowey wrote: Is Tim the bastard son of Russell Brand :lol: :innocent: :lol:
:evil: :von: :wink:
Sinsister wrote:@ our Tim: nice hair, man.
:kiss: Shame it didn't last! No comments about falling limp please. :lol:

So...my second Sisters gig. I think the main problem we have here is that it was a
Good gig. No, it wasn't blinding, and for that Old Hands like Syberberg and others will be suitably disappointed. For fresh meat like Rob, Maisey, and myself, it was a blast.

I can only agree with criticisms of bass-centric songs like Marian - they don't sound good through the current arrangement. Everything else rocked hard, and AE's voice particularly was on par, although I would say the sound-system was not pitched correctly, due to the varying levels throughout the playlist.
The lack of enthusiasm for an encore was unfortunately correct - although this could also be linked to the heat and exhaustion of the venue. The pit was horrendous, and I did try and avoid it. Unsucessfully, I might add, getting dragged across twenty feet of brawling and earning myself skinned knuckles and bruised and scraped arms and legs!

Must apologise to Honeythorn who I spotted three rows back, and gesticulated at wildly and freaked her out - she avoided me for the rest of the evening! :lol:
Did not get to see enough Heartlanders that night, but I had work today and had to slip out early. I stayed long enough to run into Ben and Chris in the afterparty. Got both their autographs, and Chris grabbed me to introduce me to our mutual friend, who mentioned me to him five years ago. That was surreal!

Called it quits about half-twelve, and as Barry said, that was about the time our Paramount Leader arrived. I ran into him coming down the steps into the aftershow venue. He looked very drawn, but gave me a smile and a thumbs up on the St. Pauli shirt I was wearing. I thanked him for a good gig, and asked if he might-
No, he'd already walked past shaking his head. Aggravating, but in the light of day I can't imagine he was up to dealing with rabid fans. As I hear, he didn't spend long in the party...

So, I retired early, but satisfied with a good gig and some authentic gig scars. It wasn't a mind-blowing experience...but I have to take a stand, and state it was nowhere near as bad as reported.

I will upload pictures - and videos, I've got about two and a half tracks recorded - over the BH Weekend.

*falls over, dies*
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

I managed to get thru last nights gig, suffering from big-time man-flu.

Thought Von's vocals started off pretty clear and then went muddy from 3/4 songs into the set - recovered 3/4 songs later?

The band looked like they were really enjoying themselves, which was great.

Same old problem with the crowd around me, they don't get into the songs they haven't heard before. Releasing a CD would solve this problem - and would have solved this along time ago, but lets not start thatat discussion again.

Thought Arms and FALAA were the best performances of the night. I had to leave during Flood 2, felt rough as a rough. I hear Romeo Down was in the encores??? Has anyone posted a full setlist yet - sorry if you have- again brain not working!!!!!
Honeythorn
Amphetamine Filth

timsinister wrote:
Must apologise to Honeythorn who I spotted three rows back, and gesticulated at wildly and freaked her out - she avoided me for the rest of the evening! :lol:
Well I actually had no idea it was you. Seeing as I've never seen any picture of you other than your tiny avatar, and you look nothing like that picture at all. Most people freak me out, it wasn't specifically you :lol:

Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

The Sisters live have never been about subtlety.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
Honeythorn
Amphetamine Filth

Bill Hicks wrote: Has anyone posted a full setlist yet - sorry if you have- again brain not working!!!!!

I blagged it from the stage guy. An attempt at a cute pleading expression + grabby hands = SETLIST. I have very intention of framing it.
:wink: ;D