Re-re-run of currently watching

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
OLDFART
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

THE GREEN KNIGHT , that's 2 hours of my life I'm not getting back .
iesus
Overbomber

OLDFART wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 14:01 THE GREEN KNIGHT , that's 2 hours of my life I'm not getting back .
is this a warning not to touch it? :lol: :notworthy: ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I really enjoyed The Green Knight it's just that 600+ year old poems of chivalry and honour don't exactly translate very well into Hollywood-style movies.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

iesus wrote: 04 Oct 2021, 20:05 just watched the 2nd and you will not believe it i return to mention about that guy that plays the priest he is exactly the perfect actor to play Nick Cave and you mentioned it already :lol: ;D
Also have the sense that vampires are around this small island :lol: :bat: :bat:
It's absolutely uncanny, really.
markfiend wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 16:31 I really enjoyed The Green Knight it's just that 600+ year old poems of chivalry and honour don't exactly translate very well into Hollywood-style movies.
I'm looking forward to it myself. But I'm the kind of guy who assigns Greek tragedy to my classes because I think it's fun (I love the Oresteia, for instance).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Big Si
School Bully

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 10:00 Image
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I need to go back and watch the Final Season of that 8)

Currently on Episode 13 of Season Two -

The Prequel Movie, 'The Many Saints of Newark' is good. Reminded me of Goodfellas 8)
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 17:40 But I'm the kind of guy who assigns Greek tragedy to my classes because I think it's fun (I love the Oresteia, for instance).
:notworthy: Let's agitate for someone to make a movie - or three actually - of the Oresteia.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

Actually it is the older trilogy that survived around the ages ;D
And the plot, what a masterpiece 8)
I think Diana Riggs played that in a mini series back in the seventies as Clytemnestra. That must be something hard to find i guess :(
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

iesus wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 12:00 I think Diana Riggs played that in a mini series back in the seventies as Clytemnestra. That must be something hard to find i guess :(
You're right: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078666/
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

I would love to see a big Hollywood production of the Oresteia. I saw a performance of a modernized version of the trilogy (compressed into one play) a few years ago, and it really bothered me, as it ended not with the transformation of the Erinyes into the Eumenides, but with everyone forgiving each other. Utterly bizarre, and - to my mind - really missing the major point that the Eumenides is driving at (i.e., the need to domesticate the violent human passions through institutions like trial-by-jury).

Definitely going to have to see if I can find the 1979 production somewhere.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
iesus
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 14:41
iesus wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 12:00 I think Diana Riggs played that in a mini series back in the seventies as Clytemnestra. That must be something hard to find i guess :(
You're right: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078666/
yeap that's the one. Still remember watching it in an old Grundik black/white tv as a child, never seen it since, but still imprinted in memory, that's how much i recall. Btw i believe that Vatraxoi (Frogs) by Aristophanes is a must comedy for big production as it is a comedy that stars Aeschylos and Euripides with a very fun way ;D :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
sultan2075
Overbomber

I have been wanting to teach a course on Aristophanes too! I routinely assign the Clouds in my introductory philosophy courses, paired with the Apology of Socrates. Maybe I can talk my admins into letting me teach a course on ancient Greek comedy and tragedy...
--
iesus
Overbomber

Curently give a chance to

Squid Game and the first 20 mins are promising :bat:

@sultan2075 Clouds is very good introductory to pupils that have interest in ancient greek philosophy, for those interested in ancient greek theatre Forgs is a must imho :) :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
sultan2075
Overbomber

Talking about this really has me giving it serious thought to a course on tragedy and comedy. Maybe I can get away with it if I don't step on the literature department's toes.
--
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Finishing 2nd season of the Sopranos - it was fantastic series.

Today with a slight delay my missus and I went to see No time to die. Some pictures and shots are perfect, the same location, Bond's motives are clear, not exactly second part of plan of Butter Man, the vengance on Spectre is ok, the rest - unclear. I also didn't like Rami's acting, so similar to mr robot. It's going to be interesting to see what will be next episode of Bond, how they gonna get out of this situation.
Debaser
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: 06 Oct 2021, 11:44
sultan2075 wrote: 05 Oct 2021, 17:40 But I'm the kind of guy who assigns Greek tragedy to my classes because I think it's fun (I love the Oresteia, for instance).
:notworthy: Let's agitate for someone to make a movie - or three actually - of the Oresteia.
There is - The Travelling Players. Not seen it for years (since my degree) and it was dubbed.

What do we take from it? The futility of revenge
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
OLDFART

RESERVATION DOGS , really enjoyable and funny .
Holly_DelRey

MarketPlace. Such a GOOD news show. They expose the s**t of scams and lies within companies across Canada. My kind of s**t!
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
OLDFART

COLONY series 1 , really good .
Pista
Cureboi

OLDFART wrote: 29 Sep 2021, 03:01 MIDNIGHT MASS - Best show I've watched in ages :notworthy:
I'm racing through this at the moment & it's funning brilliant.
The audio track is really well done & there are some scenes that proper scared the shiat out of me.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Really enjoying rewatching all 3 series of Doctor Who with David Tenant. watching episodes like 'Blink' makes me feel sorry for Jodie who i like as the Doctor but who has had utter bollocks scripts.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Watch it if you get a chance.
—Bertrand Russell
OLDFART

What we do in the shadows series 1 , very funny .
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity