The all new NEWSWORTHY thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Darwin was cheated!
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Spoilt snowbrat sticks it to Santa (although she spelt his name wrong)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-die.html

She even threatened to 'hunt down' Santa's reindeer and 'cook them and serve their meat to homeless people on Xmas day' if she doesn't get her way.
:roll:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Pista wrote:Spoilt snowbrat sticks it to Santa (although she spelt his name wrong)

She even threatened to 'hunt down' Santa's reindeer and 'cook them and serve their meat to homeless people on Xmas day' if she doesn't get her way.
Not really sure it's the real deal, but you never know with people from Bedford! :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Dan
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Spoilt snowbrat sticks it to Santa (although she spelt his name wrong)

I don't believe the girls for real, it smacks of publicity.
First, what girl of 13 is still writing to Santa?
Second, what sort of scummy parent shops their daughter to the newspapers so they can publish her photo and full name and show the whole world how thick she is?
I assume the money they'll get from the newspaper will come in handy for Christmas.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Pista wrote:Reply to all goes badly wrong

http://www.news.com.au/technology/pleas ... 6219655530

:lol:
I think any of us would have done the same.

Mind you - £200k for recruitment? I used to work in recruitment for a multinational, and I doubt our VP was on that much!

:eek:
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I know 80's nostalgia is the fashion right now, but this is ridiculous: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Death by pizza?

http://www.wkrn.com/story/16325409/gun- ... izza-slice
Taylor said the school system has made it clear that if her son eats his pizza into the shape of a gun again and there is a similar occurrence, he will be suspended.
:lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

good that he didn't have a banana or grapes, otherwise probation would be minimum penalty.
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:I know 80's nostalgia is the fashion right now, but this is ridiculous: South American states ban Falklands vessels from ports
Never understood why the Argentines are so set on those islands. Not like Argentina even existed when we were ceded them. I suppose its just they dont like a nuclear armed nation having an outpost so near. I await Obama sticking the knife in our back over it with the usual feelings.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DeWinter wrote:Never understood why the Argentines are so set on those islands.
Oil.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:
Oil.
Penguins!

;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Oil.
Penguins!

;D
Sheep! :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Baroness Trumpington explains two-fingered gesture

the salute:
http://is.gd/ZtVHoX

the explanation:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16283295

"I did actually raise two fingers and I tried to pretend my hand had slipped but it was going to be quite obvious that my hand had not slipped and I meant it.

"In point of fact, he and I are jolly good friends. I just thought he had gone too far looking at me and saying 'how old I look'."

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
DeWinter

I didnt know there was enough oil in that area to make it worth either side fighting a war for in the past or future.:| I guess that explains the dismissive attitude towards Scottish independence these days.
mh
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:Death by pizza?
If yer gonna go, I can think of a lot worse ways. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DeWinter wrote:I didnt know there was enough oil in that area to make it worth either side fighting a war for in the past or future.:| I guess that explains the dismissive attitude towards Scottish independence these days.
Not around the Falklands themselves maybe, but I understand that there are substantial oil fields around South Georgia.
—Bertrand Russell
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

I suspect that sabre-rattling about the Falklands/Malvinas from the Argentinian government is just standard politicans' fare, designed to increase their rankings in opinion polls. Much like deriding the EU/Euro/campaigning to "save the pound"/calling for Christan/Victorian/other-Golden-era values/etc is for UK politicians. Just a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
DeWinter

Sad thing about that is it seems to work in both nations! Trouble is, eventually you build up peoples expectations too much and you get forced to act more strongly than you intended, as Cameron may yet find, for a short term poll boost.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

DeWinter wrote:Sad thing about that is it seems to work in both nations! Trouble is, eventually you build up peoples expectations too much and you get forced to act more strongly than you intended, as Cameron may yet find, for a short term poll boost.
I think it probably works in all nations. And yes, agreed. Although politicians do seem to have a deliberate habit of failing to deliver on promises (probably because rhetoric is good for opinion polls, but action usually backfires).
mh
Above the Chemist

The face of Jesus in mah SOCK!

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/eu ... 73913.html
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

mh wrote:The face of Jesus in mah SOCK!

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/eu ... 73913.html

Blatantly nicking that one for Facebook