The Great Heartland Biscuit Thread™

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote:
markfiend wrote:Scone.
fastest cake in the shop. :D
That joke doesn't work for me. I was brought up with pronouncing it skoʊn (rhymes with cone) rather than the more usual skɒn (s'gone).

https://brilliantmaps.com/scone-map/
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
Pista wrote:
markfiend wrote:Scone.
fastest cake in the shop. :D
That joke doesn't work for me. I was brought up with pronouncing it skoʊn (rhymes with cone) rather than the more usual skɒn (s'gone).

https://brilliantmaps.com/scone-map/
It's got to be "S-cone" otherwise the joke about Great British Bake-Off being renamed Game of Scones doesn't work.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

Yorkshire tea seems to be doing dunk tests on the twitters
Our landmark series "Does it Dunk?" launches in 2 weeks! Here's what the critics are saying:

"Game of Thrones meets Paw Patrol" - Radio Times

"It's got a science man in it like Breaking Bad" - Empire

"The video is an oblong, which is my best shape after triangles!" - The Sun

Ginger Nuts

Custard Creams

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:Yorkshire tea seems to be doing dunk tests on the twitters
Our landmark series "Does it Dunk?" launches in 2 weeks! Here's what the critics are saying:

"Game of Thrones meets Paw Patrol" - Radio Times

"It's got a science man in it like Breaking Bad" - Empire

"The video is an oblong, which is my best shape after triangles!" - The Sun

Ginger Nuts

Custard Creams

At last some Ginger Nut love!
Tinker
Road Kill

I love a ginger nut. There's always one packet open and one on standby.
Monstrous hell bride.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

For me, the biscuit that improves the most on dunking is definitely the Ginger nut, i don't eat them on their own, they HAVE to be dunked! ;D
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

I'm sensing the start of a subgroup of Hearlanders who love ginger nuts.
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
Tinker
Road Kill

When I was little, before the tea addiction, I used to dunk them in my orange squash.
Monstrous hell bride.
iesus
Overbomber

To be fair, that guy didn't dunk the custard cream one, he bathed it for too much hour :lol: :lol: :lol:
with only two dunks custard cream is fine ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote:To be fair, that guy didn't dunk the custard cream one, he bathed it for too much hour :lol: :lol: :lol:
with only two dunks custard cream is fine ;D
But he's a scientist.
Yorkshire Tea wrote:"It's got a science man in it like Breaking Bad" - Empire
:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Pista wrote: But he's a scientist.
Yeah, i know that costume looks :lol: ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

can someone bring me some TUC biscuits?
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
EvilBastard
Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:I'm sensing the start of a subgroup of Hearlanders who love ginger nuts.
Not On My Watch.
No no no no no no no no no.

(um...a bit NSFWy)
Hank Moody
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:I'm sensing the start of a subgroup of Hearlanders who love ginger nuts.
FWIW I don't mind a ginger nut... we had a bit of a kerfuffle here a few years ago when folk realised there were DIFFERENT ginger nuts available :lol: :lol:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-20/ ... ia/8533136

Being from Victoria, I can confirm these are very similar to the UK version ;)
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Apparently there's a guy with a shop with on the Irish border who's stockpiled thousands of packets of custard creams in case there is a hard Biscuit, sorry I mean Brexit. :eek:
The Chancer Corporation
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

abridged wrote:Apparently there's a guy with a shop with on the Irish border who's stockpiled thousands of packets of custard creams in case there is a hard Biscuit, sorry I mean Brexit. :eek:
Custard creams!?!? Why?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Custard creams!?!? Why?
This, from the person who loves Ginger Nuts?! You lot, the Custard Cream people, those who favour the Jammy Dodger, the Nice aficionados, anyone who thinks that Lincolns are in any way, shape, or form acceptable examples of the biscuitier's art, the milk chocolate HobNob brigade - I'm warning you now, putting you on notice, that there will be nowhere for you to hide come the day when She shall again walk among us with Her Teatray Of Ineffable Wrath, judging the quick, the dead, and those who put the milk in before removing the teabag. Repent, my brothers and sisters, before it is too late!
Hank Moody
abridged
Slight Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
abridged wrote:Apparently there's a guy with a shop with on the Irish border who's stockpiled thousands of packets of custard creams in case there is a hard Biscuit, sorry I mean Brexit. :eek:
Custard creams!?!? Why?
It seems that all the custard creams in the UK (possibly the world?) are made in Birmingham and if there was a hard Biscuit, sorry Brexit, they would have to cross the Irish border a couple of times so the price would go up. So as far as I know this guy though if I sell them cheaper...it does sound very strange. Now if it were Bourbons...
The Chancer Corporation
abridged
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Custard creams!?!? Why?
This, from the person who loves Ginger Nuts?! You lot, the Custard Cream people, those who favour the Jammy Dodger, the Nice aficionados, anyone who thinks that Lincolns are in any way, shape, or form acceptable examples of the biscuitier's art, the milk chocolate HobNob brigade - I'm warning you now, putting you on notice, that there will be nowhere for you to hide come the day when She shall again walk among us with Her Teatray Of Ineffable Wrath, judging the quick, the dead, and those who put the milk in before removing the teabag. Repent, my brothers and sisters, before it is too late!
What will happen to the Dunkers? I figure the fiery pits of perdition for them! :twisted:
The Chancer Corporation
Tinker
Road Kill

I miss Thick Tea. Like a rich tea mated with a rusk.
Monstrous hell bride.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

abridged wrote:What will happen to the Dunkers? I figure the fiery pits of perdition for them! :twisted:
Indeed not. For what is dunking but a symbolic baptism, the washing away of the biscuit's sins and making it fit for consumption? Certainly, there are biscuits which from First Times were cast from the sight of decent folks - but never doubt the evils ways of the malign biscuits, they seek to enter your homes and hearts through nefarious means, like in Teatime Assortments. They hide among the decent, gods-fearing biscuits, like the noble Bourbon, as if to say "Look at our friends - if we're here it must mean that we're ok." But, dear brethren, be not beguiled by them. Tis but a short step from thinking that a pink wafer is not the first step on the wide and downward-sloping path to microwaving a mug of water with a teabag in it. At which point, I'm afraid, all of the bamboo slivers and hot teaspoons in FUCT's Centre For Educational Realignment cannot save you.
Hank Moody
Being645
Above the Chemist

EvilBastard wrote:
abridged wrote:What will happen to the Dunkers? I figure the fiery pits of perdition for them! :twisted:
Indeed not. For what is dunking but a symbolic baptism, the washing away of the biscuit's sins and making it fit for consumption? Certainly, there are biscuits which from First Times were cast from the sight of decent folks - but never doubt the evils ways of the malign biscuits, they seek to enter your homes and hearts through nefarious means, like in Teatime Assortments. They hide among the decent, gods-fearing biscuits, like the noble Bourbon, as if to say "Look at our friends - if we're here it must mean that we're ok." But, dear brethren, be not beguiled by them. Tis but a short step from thinking that a pink wafer is not the first step on the wide and downward-sloping path to microwaving a mug of water with a teabag in it. At which point, I'm afraid, all of the bamboo slivers and hot teaspoons in FUCT's Centre For Educational Realignment cannot save you.
... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...
abridged
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
Tea with crumbs in it. And soggy custard creams are the devils's work I tell you! In the Abridged church dunkers and heretics that use teabags are condemned to the rack and the fire. It's a ecumenical matter as they say. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The Chancer Corporation
iesus
Overbomber

Using teabag to make tea considered heresy? :eek: :eek:
'Are we the Baddies?'...