Slightly depressed.... (CBPOB)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Salome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Crossing my fingers and sending good energies to your dad!
I hope that he would be ok.
*hug*
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Same s**t as every year... allergy in fulle ffect while others hail the coming of the Sun.

To top it all off, there's some bronchitis mixed with it as well, so really feel like going to bed till Spring is over...

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Bombenhagel
Road Kill

In search for the Simon Hinkler's "Lose The Faith" whole week. Can't find the link :(
Big Si
School Bully

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
sultan2075
Overbomber

My dissertation adviser is leaving my university. My wife thinks I can get his job. I have my doubts ;)
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

RIP VAIO :(
Being645
Wiki Wizard

LouLou wrote:RIP VAIO :(
uh, sounds expensive ... my condolences ...
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

thanks Being645 :)

expensive, annoying and most inconvenient. the poor thing's endured years of abuse and was on its last legs, so it's not like i didn't see it coming though.

fortunately i didn't lose much work related stuff, at least not the important ones. not that i know of anyway. ..yet :innocent:

the only thing bugging me right now is my inability to type with the new keyboard :oops: :lol:
Being645
Wiki Wizard

very ugly news :( :( :( ... :urff: ... spoiling my day already since yesterday ... :roll: ...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/ap ... -shot-dead

their latest project
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/view-fr ... erritories
James Blast
Banned

oh lighten up FFS!

you can't worry about the whole world :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Being645
Wiki Wizard

I didn't know him personally, but it's still not as far away to me as "the whole world" ...

Hell, nothing can change the facts now ... killed by death .... :| ... that much at least.
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sure you cant worry about the world, but it always makes me sad when I hear that individuals who fought for others are being killed or suffering abuse. It makes me much more sad than when someone gets injured in, lets say, a ski accident.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Oh, it just makes me feel the situation over there is becoming ever worse again at the moment ...

And I know a lot of people, me included, who have been working for years or decades to turn things to the better ...
he was one of them ... somewhere at another end of the whole ... :| ...
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

still jet lag plus drama in HU, have to fly back to start selling my apartment soon. anyone interested in buying a three bedroom apt in the south of Hungary, namely Szeged?
Debaser
Overbomber

GT has had a mad fit - he's trying to re-organise the cd shelves. It's anarchy, cd's wrong way round, upside down, in wrong order, on their sides balanced on top of others, cd's in the car, in his van, in the pooter room, on chairs, over the floor, near the telly, on top of the microwave - infact, scattered to the fourwinds, hence the need for some TLC.

He's got to the C's now - I fear for Julian, I've been surruptitiously buying replacements for vinyl (and his usual annual output) and I have become quite proud with the amount of space they take up. But here's the rub, I just know he's going to demand I keep them upstairs on inferior shelving. :(

Now I come to think of it, as I look at the inferior shelves up here in the pooter room, there seems to be an inordinate amount of MY stuff up here :x
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Carpathian Psychonaut

Not so much depressed or pissed off but more rolling my eyes at the irony of it. You know, like this => :roll:

Here I am all fit & healthy, walking & swimming like a machine, and what happens?

Stung by a bee on the leg on Saturday, possibly a female Anthophora plumipes, and suffered a big reaction to it.

Had a shock-like episode for about 6 or 7 hours with whole body shakes, lethargy, headache, muscle pain etc etc and now left with a very swollen & painful lower right leg and a right lymph node working overtime to clear the infection.

Just cost me best part of £15 for two heavy-mob doses of antibiotics and I'm back to the docs to be checked on Wednesday morning. I was told that if I lapse into the shock symptoms again I have to get myself to A&E

No swimming or walking for me for a bit then - pah!
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:eek: Blimey! I've been stung by a bee* once, and it bloody hurt, but nowhere near that bad!

* Or as Viz has it, "I was stang off a bee"
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Hell, Carpathian Psychonaut ...
I'm highly allergic to wasps and know what you suffered ... got stung only once, but that was sufficient ... :urff: ...

Get well soon ... :wink: ...
DeWinter

I'm not depressed by it, but more a bit confuzzled and don't think it worth starting a thread..
Does anybody here know anyone, or know anyone who knows anyone, who is even remotely interested in a Royal Wedding street party?
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DeWinter wrote:I'm not depressed by it, but more a bit confuzzled and don't think it worth starting a thread..
Does anybody here know anyone, or know anyone who knows anyone, who is even remotely interested in a Royal Wedding street party?
I'm half tempted to throw a "fúck the royal wedding" street party.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Debaser
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
DeWinter wrote:I'm not depressed by it, but more a bit confuzzled and don't think it worth starting a thread..
I'm half tempted to throw a "fúck the royal wedding" street party.
Well, you'll be wanting one of these then
a link that if you click it will open up another window showing you where to buy a mildly amusing royal wedding tee shirt
http://www.8ball.co.uk/FunnyT-shirts/Ro ... ayoff.html

However, when I look closely at the link - it seems to tell you all you need to know anyway, ah such is life.
James Blast
Banned

this one made me laff :lol:

"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:this one made me laff :lol:

I spotted that too
James Blast
Banned

have ye seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhn8j7S4 ... r_embedded

contains swearys
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:have ye seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhn8j7S4 ... r_embedded

contains swearys
I refuse to click it until you give me more information. HOWEVER, if it's the Brian Cox wonders of the world thingy, I don't need to.