The all new NEWSWORTHY thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

good that i don't have account on tweeter. :eek: :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

Prison inmates re-design squad car logo

http://news.yahoo.com/vermont-inmates-h ... 03610.html

:lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

3 years old & full of win

http://www.news.com.au/national/ballara ... 6264051460
For about 10 minutes he was king of the playground as he sat inside the machine at about 4.30pm.
:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pat
Slight Overbomber

http://newsthump.com/2012/02/07/queen-c ... -benefits/

Among the events to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee will be a flotilla of a thousand boats along the Thames and a chain of beacons being lit across the country, as well other members of the Royal Family visiting the 15 other countries where the Queen is head of state.

A government spokesperson said, “We felt the best way to honour what the Queen represents would be to p*ss vast sums of money up the wall while millions of people go without�.
Pista
Cureboi

Pat wrote:http://newsthump.com/2012/02/07/queen-c ... -benefits/

A government spokesperson said, “We felt the best way to honour what the Queen represents would be to p*ss vast sums of money up the wall while millions of people go without�.

:lol:

Did you read about the "60 years of scrounging" tweet?

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/300 ... -on-Queen-
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pat
Slight Overbomber

I have now .
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bloody hell the comment thread on there is a real "wretched hive of scum and villainy".
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:Bloody hell the comment thread on there is a real "wretched hive of scum and villainy".
Isn't it?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote:
markfiend wrote:Bloody hell the comment thread on there is a real "wretched hive of scum and villainy".
Isn't it?
Express though innit.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

What would you call an elderly aristocratic millionaire who tried to get a cold weather payment to heat her castle and went to the European Court to prevent the public finding out how much her and her ghastly son rook the public for in EU subsidies? Or the public financing of her grandsons wedding with the excuse it'd help the economy, which proceeded to shrink that month? Or the strange double standard where a gypsy who builds houses on greenbelt land he owns is forced off, but when Charlie does it nobody bats an eyelid?
I did once point out these things on the Telegraph's website. The comments put what you guys call me to shame! :P
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well, for once, I will have to violently agree with you there! ;D
—Bertrand Russell
DeWinter

I have a solution for the Greek problem:
Greece has a pretty hefty military for it's size, so I reckon it could take out Bulgaria, Romania, and probably Italy without much bother. Once you've blasted them to smithereens, and dragged first Europe, then NATO into a bloody war, afterwards demand debt forgiveness as the price of never doing it again and steal a march on your heavily indebted European counterparts .
Don't scoff, it's exactly what Germany did. They seem however to forget that.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Don't give them ideas...
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

I shouldn't laugh really

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/th ... 6276395156

but......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DeWinter wrote:I have a solution for the Greek problem:
I saw a suggestion on twitter: We offer to swap Scotland for Greece. The Scots get the Euro and independence, we get sunny beaches, the Greeks get the pound. Win-win-win!
—Bertrand Russell
Sita

Greece has a pretty hefty military for it's size, so I reckon it could take out Bulgaria, Romania, and probably Italy without much bother. Once you've blasted them to smithereens, and dragged first Europe, then NATO into a bloody war, afterwards demand debt forgiveness as the price of never doing it again and steal a march on your heavily indebted European counterparts .
Don't scoff, it's exactly what Germany did. They seem however to forget that.
If you want to compare that, then Greece would have to be put under some allied occupation regime for the next 10 years, and 1/4 of its own state territory will have to be taken away permanently, and given to neighbours as compensation. Also, all industry and factories will have to be taken away to other countries as compensation - well, in Greece's case, as I understand they don't have much industry, they can send their olive trees and sheep. Anyway, it will leave them without industry. Then, chase away 1/5 of their population from their homes, also as compensation. And then, divide Greece and destroy their infrastructure. And when they get back on their feet, make them pay sums that no-one heard of before, as compensation.
But yeah, but apart from that, it was a total win situation for Germany :roll:
DeWinter

markfiend wrote:
I saw a suggestion on twitter: We offer to swap Scotland for Greece. The Scots get the Euro and independence, we get sunny beaches, the Greeks get the pound. Win-win-win!
Sounds spiffing. Wouldnt even have to change the flag much, if you think on it! Scotland would have years of fun finding new people to blame for all its its problems and England has somewhere new to barely tolerate!:p
DeWinter

Sita wrote:
DeWinter wrote:
If you want to compare that, then Greece would have to be put under some allied occupation regime for the next 10 years, and 1/4 of its own state territory will have to be taken away permanently, and given to neighbours as compensation. Also, all industry and factories will have to be taken away to other countries as compensation - well, in Greece's case, as I understand they don't have much industry, they can send their olive trees and sheep. Anyway, it will leave them without industry. Then, chase away 1/5 of their population from their homes, also as compensation. And then, divide Greece and destroy their infrastructure. And when they get back on their feet, make them pay sums that no-one heard of before, as compensation.
But yeah, but apart from that, it was a total win situation for Germany :roll:
Germany DID go on a genocidal murder spree you know. Not turning the country into a nuclear wasteland was pretty tolerant, I feel. But the debt forgiveness deal is entirely true. The worst you can say of the Greeks is they have very dodgy politicians, grinding them into the dirt when they showed remarkable charity themselves does nothing but make me very thankful our days in the EU are clearly numbered. It's largely academic now, as this new deal cant work and them going bust is a certainty.
Pista
Cureboi

Give me an "F" grade for show & tell huh?
That's a poisonin' !

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/02/26/e ... at-poison/
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Elementary school :?: I dunno where this wurld is coming.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Chilling my guts, this *shudder* :( :cry: :cry:

Belgian coach crash in Swiss tunnel kills 28 - including 22 children

IZ.
Blimey. :(
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Chilling my guts, this *shudder* :( :cry: :cry:

Belgian coach crash in Swiss tunnel kills 28 - including 22 children

IZ.
That's again another of such saddening incidents ... :( :( :( ...
always the same with bus travels ... victims almost each and every year ...
poor parents ... :( :( :( ...
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity