Currently Smoking

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

You investigate football locations and I'll turn up :D
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well, to dig up an old topic...

Currently smoking... no tobacco since last Saturday. My bout of the "man-flu" meant that I didn't even want a ciggie Sunday to Wednesday last week. Then on Thursday I thought "I'll not bother smoking today", similar on Friday and Saturday (which I managed despite being on the pish)

So, more than a week without a cig. Not that I'm giving up, you understand, I'm just "taking it one day at a time".

Weird.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:Well, to dig up an old topic...

Currently smoking... no tobacco since last Saturday. My bout of the "man-flu" meant that I didn't even want a ciggie Sunday to Wednesday last week. Then on Thursday I thought "I'll not bother smoking today", similar on Friday and Saturday (which I managed despite being on the pish)

So, more than a week without a cig. Not that I'm giving up, you understand, I'm just "taking it one day at a time".

Weird.
Aye, as long as you don't think of it as quitting, you can be amazed how far you can go (not me I only smoke when I'm pished or it's an oxo fag :innocent: )
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I managed not to smoke even when pished on Saturday.

Oxo fags are a different matter. :innocent: Although I haven't had one of them for a while either; but that's due to lack of oxo, not through choice :lol:

Also I've still got half a packet of Lucky Strike I had to get Kerry to hide from me :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
nowayjose
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Clicky.

I think I'm gonna light one.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

The last of the Camel Lights I bought because Damascus duty-free didn't have Mally Lites. Quick tip - if you're coming to the US with slightly more than the permitted duty-free allowance, and get caught, it's still a bargain - I brought back 8 cartons and ended up paying $20 in duty on them - customs appeared not to care about the 4 carpets, the backgammon set hand-carved from rare tropical hardwoods, or the complete contents of the Hizb'Allah gift shop... :innocent:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

nowayjose wrote:Clicky.

I think I'm gonna light one.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Spigel

The sticky residue from the inside of my pipe cos I have run out again. :cry:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Weird.
Blimey. Thread necro, but it's just occurred to me that I haven't smoked (well, smoked tobacco :innocent:) for over 4 years. 8)
—Bertrand Russell
Holly_DelRey

markfiend wrote: (well, smoked tobacco :innocent:)
;)

That's awesome Mark :notworthy:
Congrats.
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
markfiend wrote:Weird.
Blimey. Thread necro, but it's just occurred to me that I haven't smoked for over 4 years.
It's people like you who are depriving the Exchequer of much needed funds, you know - frankly speaking, it's un-British not to smoke.
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:

(Oh and I fixed your quote ;))
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:(Oh and I fixed your quote ;))
See - when you stop smoking you have nothing better to do with your time than nit-pick other peoples' syntax. It's people like you that convince me to keep smoking. :lol:
Hank Moody
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

markfiend wrote:

Weird.
Blimey. Thread necro, but it's just occurred to me that I haven't smoked (well, smoked tobacco :innocent:) for over 4 years. 8)
2,5 years here and counting :)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

i've stopped smoking smokes for three months now! :D

but i'm still a girl on weed.

that should stop in a country where it's illegal but then again...

i feel like that rebel girl of eighteen all over again.

:lol:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity