Andrew Eldritch biography....

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Badlander
Overbomber

semtex wrote: "we"...."all"......."pretty certain" - well, I don't know what makes you so sure about it, because I've never read anything about a girlfriend, a child or something like that :eek:
I've never read or heard anything about a boyfriend either. :innocent:
BTW having your name on some list that AFAIK comes from nowhere doesn't prove a thing. Do we really need that kind of conversation ?
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Badlander
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:Oh, let's not forget that he's shaving his head these days too - just sayin'... :innocent:
And judging from the last pix I've seen he's growing some hair back. :von:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dear Doktor wrote:Dear Doktor,

The Sisters kick. But I've heard you've had queers in the band!

I've heard you have a small penis. Stop worrying about it.

When you've stopped worrying, check out www.thesisters.org .
;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Janko
Road Kill

Passing_through wrote:Andrew never lived with any aunts, uncles or grandparents.
Yes he was born in Ely.
Yes he lived in Singapore when very young.
Yes he lived (with his family) in Malvern for a few years when he was at primary school.
He has one younger brother who is not called Robert and with whom to the best of my knowledge he is not in contact.
He has one younger sister who is not called Gina and he is not in contact with her either.
He has no older brothers.

As far as I'we seen - almost every biography features the ubiquitous fact that he is a polyglot...

I think thats a BIT overplayed...

:wink:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:I've been waiting for Andy to appear on Ross' show for a very long time :(
"Hewwo, good evening, and wewcome to the show. We've got a gweat line up for you tonight - please welcome my old schoolfwend and partner in cwime, Andwoo Eldwitch."

Might happen - mind you, if :von: does got on the show I'm fully expecting him to tell Woss that the title of the next album is Rock n'Roll Rebels Raping Rabid Rabbits, just for fun and profit.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
wild bill buttock
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

We can only hope and pray that Rankin' Roger and Shabba Ranks are also guests on the show as well.
The photographs of God I bought have almost faded away
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well the BBC did have the good sense to have Chris Eubank present Top Of The Pops just to get one track announced as "Thith ith Thuggth thinging Thethelia" so you never know.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Perki
Amphetamine Filth

EvilBastard wrote:
robertzombie wrote:I've been waiting for Andy to appear on Ross' show for a very long time :(
"Hewwo, good evening, and wewcome to the show. We've got a gweat line up for you tonight - please welcome my old schoolfwend and partner in cwime, Andwoo Eldwitch."

Might happen - mind you, if :von: does got on the show I'm fully expecting him to tell Woss that the title of the next album is Rock n'Roll Rebels Raping Rabid Rabbits, just for fun and profit.
Ribbons duet, maybe?
Dan
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Well the BBC did have the good sense to have Chris Eubank present Top Of The Pops just to get one track announced as "Thith ith Thuggth thinging Thethelia" so you never know.
IT was at #6 too! "At thikth thith ith Thugth with Thethilia."

I think I once heard Wossy mention The Smiths "Rank" on his radio show once. :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Dan wrote:IT was at #6 too! "At thikth thith ith Thugth with Thethilia."
Tho it wath. Thuch a thparkling performanthe too. ;D

Er. Yes. Enough of that I think.

Suggs was on the last ever Top Of The Pops saying he could barely sing for laughing.
—Bertrand Russell
robertzombie
Overbomber

Passing_through wrote:Andrew never lived with any aunts, uncles or grandparents.
Yes he was born in Ely.
Yes he lived in Singapore when very young.
Yes he lived (with his family) in Malvern for a few years when he was at primary school.
He has one younger brother who is not called Robert and with whom to the best of my knowledge he is not in contact.
He has one younger sister who is not called Gina and he is not in contact with her either.
He has no older brothers.
fancy that :twisted:
sisterslover
Road Kill

That link you posted about "GAY STATION" is it real? is it true that he is gay? or is it just a funny thing? I clicked on it, and I see his name, but I don't understand anything about the website.
semtex wrote:
mh wrote:
semtex wrote: Well, after reading this article: http://www.gaystation.info/stars/?/stars/e.html, I guess he's gay...
I think we can all be pretty certain that's not the case!
"we"...."all"......."pretty certain" - well, I don't know what makes you so sure about it, because I've never read anything about a girlfriend, a child or something like that :eek:

Therefore, I find Evilbastards concrete hints or thoughts much more interesting... :wink:
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

sisterslover wrote:That link you posted about "GAY STATION" is it real? is it true that he is gay? or is it just a funny thing? I clicked on it, and I see his name, but I don't understand anything about the website.
semtex wrote:
mh wrote: I think we can all be pretty certain that's not the case!
"we"...."all"......."pretty certain" - well, I don't know what makes you so sure about it, because I've never read anything about a girlfriend, a child or something like that :eek:

Therefore, I find Evilbastards concrete hints or thoughts much more interesting... :wink:
:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
What a great post! :urff:
"as we walk on the floodland"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've heard very concrete rumours about Eldritch sleeping with women. I've not heard any about him sleeping with men.

Seriously though, who cares? Unless you're trying to get into his pants yourself? :twisted:
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:Seriously though, who cares? Unless you're trying to get into his pants yourself? :twisted:
Hear, hear.
Does that relevant to TSOM as a band playing gig and sometimes writing music ?
Swinnow
Overbomber

GlosGoth wrote:From Quiff:

...My mate watched the NMA DVD of their Astoria show and at the end there's an interview with Justin which alludes to him living near Thornbury Gloucestershire. I haven't seen it but I'd find it hard to believe that Justin lives down south and leave his beloved Bradford.
There is of course a Thornbury in Bradford which is very close to the pizza counter at the Owlcotes Asda at Pudsey and also the Bramley area of Leeds in which you may find.....

"I've slept with all the girls in Leeds 13" as someone might have sung once 8)
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
robm
Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:I've heard very concrete rumours about Eldritch sleeping with women.
Oh when you said he's got a beard I thought... Never mind...
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

I hear the new Adam Ant album will be released on the same day as the new Sisters.
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Aazhyd wrote:I hear the new Adam Ant album will be released on the same day as the new Sisters.
yeah, and it will be better than the sisters' :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I suppose at least the Sisters aren't claiming that they've got something to release. And at least they've actually got unreleased songs to not put on it.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

stufarq wrote:And at least they've actually got unreleased songs to not put on it.
Nice one, sir :lol: :lol:
in dub we trust
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

Adam Ant also got loads of songs never released. There are at least 2 demo's known and 1 new songs that he plays on gigs (which he does more than the Sisters, btw), but he has dozens of song titles registered.
Only the Americans could have built a place like this in the middle of a jungle.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I forget what the eventual solution to that was but I'm pretty sure the consensus (on the official Ant forum) was that those aren't actually new songs at all. Can't remember whether it was mistaken identity, a dodgy webpage or what but I think all links to it have been removed from the forum because it was deemed to be bollocks. The three songs you mention (and the demos are from ten years ago) are all that can be confirmed (although some claim to have heard more demos).
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Aazhyd wrote:Adam Ant also got loads of songs never released. There are at least 2 demo's known and 1 new songs that he plays on gigs (which he does more than the Sisters, btw), but he has dozens of song titles registered.
do you mean the 1977 home demos, the persuasion 'lp' or something else?
Goths have feelings too
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote:do you mean the 1977 home demos, the persuasion 'lp' or something else?
Something else. There have been at least 2 or 3 occasions since Wonderful where Adam and collaborators (Marco, Boz Boorer and others) wrote songs and recorded demo's.

The demo's that are in circulation are called "Punkyoungirl" and "Hard men, tough blokes". The one he's doing live is called "Vince Taylor" (not Andy Taylor).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Ant_I ... s_Daughter

Check Ant Rap forum if you want to know more.