So who'll win the World Cup...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

weebleswobble wrote: that Walkers eating big eared tw@t and chums:
Well put Stephen. :lol: :notworthy: Did you know, he was never booked for talking bollox. What a slapped arse that man is. :roll: And his chums, with the exception of Leonardo, and maybe a couple of other foreigners. All the UK 'pundits' are complete pricks.

Ooh, get me, ranting away. Who'll win? Who knows? It's a game of two halves, Brian.

Being about as patriotic as a fish, I don't care, so long as it isn't France. The thought of henry poncing about as he does is too much to bear. Still, no danger of that. :lol:

Trinidad & Tobasco I suppose, at least their winners party would be fun. :twisted:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

the vavavoom has va'd
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
scotty
Overbomber

I was in a pub in Inverness today, they were doing a lovely line in World Cup T-Shirts, "WORLD CUP 06" on the front and "ANYONE OTHER THAN ENGLAND" on the back :lol: :lol: , if you wore a Trinidad & Tobago top you got an hours free drinking time today :eek:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Remind me to go up to Scotland in 4 years time.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Finally we see Gerard do what he does so sexily well. I think Owen needs taking out and Rooney in. Crouch the man, he used to play for Pompey don'tcha know ;-)
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

we're not gonna win it playing like that. pfft. :evil:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

good heavens. sweden manages to score. smelling salts, someone...
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:we're not gonna win it playing like that. pfft. :evil:
El Tel got it right with his ideas for tactics. They need more freedom, Sven is stifling them. Set the juice....loose.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Mr Mercy
Road Kill

The sweden Result is good for England as now we can wait to see what Germany do in there last match and if Germany come second in group A we can let sweden beat us (or score more own goals than them) so we avoid playing Germany in the next round! :innocent:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Mr Mercy wrote:The sweden Result is good for England as now we can wait to see what Germany do in there last match and if Germany come second in group A we can let sweden beat us (or score more own goals than them) so we avoid playing Germany in the next round! :innocent:
Never thought that the English would be scared of the Germans. :lol:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Silver_Owl
The Don

I see no reason to avoid Germany. Their style of play will suit Stevie G and Lamps in midfield - it won't be as constricted.....
I'd rather we get them out the way.

And now you're gonna believe us..... :lol: ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Hom_Corleone wrote:I see no reason to avoid Germany. Their style of play will suit Stevie G and Lamps in midfield - it won't be as constricted.....
I'd rather we get them out the way.

And now you're gonna believe us..... :lol: ;D
:lol: :notworthy: :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

scotty wrote:I was in a pub in Inverness today, they were doing a lovely line in World Cup T-Shirts, "WORLD CUP 06" on the front and "ANYONE OTHER THAN ENGLAND" on the back
What a set of miserable gets. Proportional-wise, far more England fans would back Scotland if the situation was reversed than the pathetic show of jealousy that takes place by (admittedly not all) north of the border.
scotty
Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:
scotty wrote:I was in a pub in Inverness today, they were doing a lovely line in World Cup T-Shirts, "WORLD CUP 06" on the front and "ANYONE OTHER THAN ENGLAND" on the back
What a set of miserable gets. Proportional-wise, far more England fans would back Scotland if the situation was reversed than the pathetic show of jealousy that takes place by (admittedly not all) north of the border.
Aye, still funny though :lol:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:
Possibly - but who is laughing at who..? :wink:
scotty
Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:
scotty wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote: What a set of miserable gets. Proportional-wise, far more England fans would back Scotland if the situation was reversed than the pathetic show of jealousy that takes place by (admittedly not all) north of the border.
Possibly - but who is laughing at who..? :wink:
Everyone's laughing at everyone else.............'mon BRAZIL :twisted: :lol:
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

It is just before England v Brazil at the World Cup. Ronaldino goes into the Brazilian changing room to find all his teammates looking a bit glum.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game.

We know it's important but it's only England. They're sh*te and we can't be bothered".

Ronaldino looks at them and says "Well, I reckon I can beat them by myself, you lads go down the pub."

So Ronaldino goes out to play England by himself and the Rest of the Brazilian team go off for a few jars.

After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "Brazil 1 - England 0 (Ronaldino 10minutes)". He is beating England all by himself!

Anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on". They put the teletext on.

"Result from the Stadium - Brazil 1 (Ronaldino 10 minutes) - England 1 (Owen 89 minutes)".

They can't believe it, he has single handedly got a draw against England!!

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldino. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands.

He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down."

"Don't be daft, you got a draw against England, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very, very end!"

"No, No, I have, I've let you down... I got sent off after 12 minutes"
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

naughty noo-noo
:lol: :notworthy:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Just seen Argentina's 6-0 demolition of Serbia-Montenegro. :eek:

A totally different class. I'm glad I put that tenner on them at nines; I doubt I'd get those odds now. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:Just seen Argentina's 6-0 demolition of Serbia-Montenegro. :eek:

A totally different class. I'm glad I put that tenner on them at nines; I doubt I'd get those odds now. ;D
aye, they're at 9/2 now i gather.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Dark
Underneath the Rock

@Quiff: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
aims
Overbomber

Barry, you're a very wicked man :lol:
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Motz wrote:Barry, you're a very wicked man :lol:
Maybe, but it's funny 'cos it's true. :lol:
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Just seen Argentina's 6-0 demolition of Serbia-Montenegro. :eek:

One of their goals made me feel kinda....dirty......
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Quiff Boy wrote:It is just before England v Brazil at the World Cup. Ronaldino goes into the Brazilian changing room to find all his teammates looking a bit glum.

"What's up?" he asks.

"Well, we're having trouble getting motivated for this game.

We know it's important but it's only England. They're sh*te and we can't be bothered".

Ronaldino looks at them and says "Well, I reckon I can beat them by myself, you lads go down the pub."

So Ronaldino goes out to play England by himself and the Rest of the Brazilian team go off for a few jars.

After a few pints they wonder how the game is going, so they get the landlord to put the teletext on. A big cheer goes up as the screen reads "Brazil 1 - England 0 (Ronaldino 10minutes)". He is beating England all by himself!

Anyway, a few more pints later and the game is forgotten until someone remembers "It must be full time now, let's see how he got on". They put the teletext on.

"Result from the Stadium - Brazil 1 (Ronaldino 10 minutes) - England 1 (Owen 89 minutes)".

They can't believe it, he has single handedly got a draw against England!!

They rush back to the Stadium to congratulate Ronaldino. They find him in the dressing room, still in his gear, sat with his head in his hands.

He refuses to look at them. "I've let you down, I've let you down."

"Don't be daft, you got a draw against England, all by yourself. And they only scored at the very, very end!"

"No, No, I have, I've let you down... I got sent off after 12 minutes"
:lol: Except it was Keane and man city when I heard it a few years back.

Went into the den of despair that is Castleford to watch yesterdays game, and the boozer had a 'buy one get one free' offer on ALL drinks from an hour before to an hour after. :eek: :D :twisted: :notworthy: Needless to say I got rather drunk, and started singing 'are you city in disguise' shortly before that tall ungainly bloke scored. So you can thank me, probably.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.