RIP Christian Prante, aka "Doc P"

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Doktor Gott
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Really sad to hear about this, my best wishes and sympathy to his family and friends..
I give you the finger but you want the whole hand...
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

As Eggi has said on another forum he and I both are shocked and speachless. Our sympathy and thoughts are with his family.

Eva and Eggi
You can't fix stupid.
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I've only just found out and am stunned to hear this! There's little I can add than to agree with what others have already said here. I met Christian a couple of times, and he was indeed a very nice and genuine person. I didn't know him well, but we had exchanged a few emails recently and that makes such sad news all the more difficult to take in. My condolences go to his family and friends and I'm happy to contribute to the flowers or anything else to be arranged on behalf of HL.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i've emailed christian's friend, sebastian to ask if we could have some sort of a collection, in aide of whatever charity his wife thinks is appropriate.

i'll let you all know what i get back.

if his friends and family think its a good idea i'll set up paypal "contributions" page or something similar.

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

... this is terrible news. My thoughts are with his wife & kids in the first place.

I didn't knew him that well, but we've met briefly in Paris and he struck me as a relaxed man with a very good sense of humour.
Doc P will be greatly missed on the Heartland.
Last edited by radiojamaica on 13 Jun 2006, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
eotunun
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:i've emailed christian's friend, sebastian to ask if we could have some sort of a collection, in aide of whatever charity his wife thinks is appropriate.

if his friends and family think its a good idea i'll set up paypal "contributions" page or something similar.

It may be a good idea to do this together with Poison Door. As you can´t actually call the two forums different communities.
There is shadow under this red rock
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

eotunun wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:i've emailed christian's friend, sebastian to ask if we could have some sort of a collection, in aide of whatever charity his wife thinks is appropriate.

It may be a good idea to do this together with Poison Door. As you can´t actually call the two forums different communities.
very true.

vicus?
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

can we not do something at the july do?
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Tragic news. I'm sure all our thoughts are with the family that the good man leaves behind.
Give me one good reason
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

very sad new, i was in contact with him for the last two weeks.
i was suppose to send my dvd "twothousandfive" on thursday 15th june.
can not do it anymore so i decide to put it on weeding section today.
in fact we were talking about that before.

all my sympathy for his family

pascal
elguiri

Hell......Ive just seen this.

Nothing to add what hasnt already been said........

R.I.P Christian.
"Very Elderly Bastard Groovy"
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Peace, man. Always enjoyed reading your posts.

:notworthy:
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:
eotunun wrote:It may be a good idea to do this together with Poison Door. As you can´t actually call the two forums different communities.
very true.

vicus?
great idea.

sorry, i cannot describe my feelings in english.
My thoughts go out to his two little girls and Sandra.
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
mh
Above the Chemist

This is sad news.

Never corresponded with him directly, but I always noticed him hanging around, and he always had something nice and good-natured to say about everything.

Farewell, decent bloke.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

As I told at p-d, i still wan't realize that but it seems to be not a kind of bad joke. Deepest sympathy to his family - specially to his wife and the kids :cry:
canon docre
Overbomber

Lieber Christian,

es war toll, Dich gekannt zu haben.
Vielen Dank für Deine Hilfe, Deine Freundschaft, Deinen Humor und Deine Liebenswürdigkeit.

Ich werde Dich sehr vermissen. :cry:

Jessica
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
jay

EvilBastard wrote:They say that a man never dies if he is still spoken of with love. Roll on immortality, good Doctor P.
So true.

Very sad news and so young
I no longer get very wrought up over the liminals

Silver_Owl
The Don

Nothing to add but I hope his family get through it. It's s**t and it hurts like hell. I wish them all the good will in the world.
:(
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
eotunun
Overbomber

Another thought: Flowers are nice. They indicate that we care. But they don`t really help. When the first impression of the loss fades, Christians family will face more problems than you may imagine. I speak out of experience here, as I have lost my father when I was twelve.
Raise the money to assist the Kid`s education, to help pay other costs.
If that was your intention anyway, disreguard my post.
Christian

The obsequies will be this Saturday, June 17th at 11:00 a.m.
Matthäus-Kirche Essen Borbeck, Bocholder Str. / Kettlerstr.

Today I also received the data of the bank account for donations. Everyone who wants to support Sandra and especially the kids: Please PM me for details.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Christian wrote:The obsequies will be this Saturday, June 17th at 11:00 a.m.
Matthäus-Kirche Essen Borbeck, Bocholder Str. / Kettlerstr.

Today I also received the data of the bank account for donations. Everyone who wants to support Sandra and especially the kids: Please PM me for details.
thanks.

will that account work for international transactions?

i was going to create a paypal donations page then send the collected funds to his family (somehow)... shoudl i still do that?
Badlander
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote: i was going to create a paypal donations page then send the collected funds to his family (somehow)... shoudl i still do that?
I still think it'd be nice to donate in the name of HL. That was my link to Christian after all. At least his widow will have an idea where the money comes from.
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
eotunun
Overbomber

Badlander wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote: i was going to create a paypal donations page then send the collected funds to his family (somehow)... shoudl i still do that?
I still think it'd be nice to donate in the name of HL. That was my link to Christian after all. At least his widow will have an idea where the money comes from.
Well, I don`t know how severely Doc`s death impacts on the financial situation of the family, but in the worst case the donations simply given to his family might cause troubles. This is a worst case I´m thinking of, but it may occur. Thus it would be better to give the money to somebody closely in touch with his family who can overlook the situation and avoid problems of that nature.
The newer social legislation in germany has taken a most scandalous shape, where even funds for the education of your kids have to be used to pay your housing and food. And this in a country where the wealth of your parents has a great impact on how good your education may get.
Doc´s family may be in a very serious financial situation, now. We don`t know, thus we have to be a little bit carefull. I think it is advisable to do so.
:|
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

fair enough. johnny PM'd some info about these types of laws in germany, and i can see its not all straightforward.

i'm not going to do anything without speaking to doc's friend, sebastian.

thanks.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I agree with the foregoing - if we can make donations to a single person, who then converts them into a single thing that just says "From all of Christian's friends at Heartland", then Sandra doesn't have to go through the hassle of needing to write to everyone when she has more pressing things to worry about. Also lets her know the high regard that he was held in by this community.
I'm with QB on getting the details ironed out and then doing something that helps, rather than going off half-cocked and doing something that might ultimately be more of a burden for Sandra and the kids.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody