Autograph or touch from a celeb?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Much like Norm, a lot of mine would be Leeds United players past & present.

Otherwise, I badgered Mr Whammy after the Joseph's Well gig last year, met Timmy Mallett, met Ray Park (Darth Maul from Star Wars), played 5-a-side footie with Emmerdale actors, played darts with Dennis Priestley (ex World Champ & good all round Yorkshireman) & I used to go to Leeds matches with Dave Wolfenden from RLYL/The Mi$$ion.

About it I think.

So, Claire, who's the mystery Liverpudlian(s) you & Dark are sniggering about?!?
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Badlander
Overbomber

I once met some funboard world champ who was playing beach-volleyball with my big bro. I hope he is a heck of a surfer, because he wasn't much of a baller. :roll: :lol:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Spiggy's hat
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I managed to get back stage with the Stone Roses at Leeds Poly back in the summer of 1989.
In all fairness, it was just before they went 'HUGE' and anyone could simply walk backstage after the gig to meet them. Ian Brown and John Squire, both signed a t-shirt (like the one below) which I then washed and wore over the next 12 months. Obviously the signatures completely washed out, doh! What would that be worth now?

I also once met John (the football legend) Barnes, doing a PA at Derby Co-op, and had a picture taken with him.

I think that is about the extent of my close up star gazing.
Give me one good reason
streamline
Slight Overbomber

I wangled back stage passes for Iron Maiden (in the late 80s) which was nice.

Better still, I sat next to Ian Botham on a flight to Zimbabwe when I was 17 and he got me very very drunk! White whine with the starter, red with the main and port with dessert. Having chatted for hours, I went to sleep only to find a freshly poured bloody mary waiting for me when I woke up(his hangover cure of choice.) Top, top man :notworthy: :notworthy:

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Oh yeah, how can I forget - Peter Stringfellow :lol:

Bumped into him years ago at now-defunct Leeds pills and coke haven NATO in Leeds. Uncannily, he was with a leggy blonde at the time.

I wasn't there for the pills or coke. Neither was PS, before any Legal Eagles try and shaft me.
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Met and got autographs off of most of the Levellers, by accident or design, a couple of times (awaits the flak).

Bumped into Guy Chadwick (The House of Love) at a gig watching his sound guys tune up in 1990 and then sat next to him at a gig in 2005 and completely failed to recognise him (although he looked the same). Talked to his Mrs who was the merchandise stand.

Met Marillion after a gig - they were all stoned...allegedly :innocent:

Got Jim Reids set list after a gig and then the same set list was featured in a photo in the Maker (or NME) with Jim's lower leg and boot.

Got Trine from Octavia to pose on stage for some after gig photos. All the pictures failed to come out.

Saw the Stone Roses play in front of about 10 people and stood in front of Ian Brown. He can't sing IMO.

Walked past Connie Bloom at a Ginger and The Sonic Circus gig. Thought it was Ginger. :oops:

Was at a Bleeding Hearts gig with (apparently) Justin Sullivan and failed to recognise him. There were only about 10 other people there.

Was told I walked past Charlotte Church in Tenby at the same time as she said to her friend "I can't believe they didn't recognise me when I bought these". I didn't. Either.

Met the Tokyo Dragons.

Told J Mascis that it was his round and I was parched while waiting for a Dinosaur Jr. gig to start. My mate, who looked almost exactly the same as J at the time (especially in the dark) was stood the other side of me. Mr Mascis took it well, but (inexplicably) didn't buy me a pint (perhaps he didn't carry cash).

Used to know someone who worked with someone who claimed to be :von:'s Auntie.

While standing at a urinal in Manchester Ritz, Tracy Cattell (Tracy Tracy) came out of a cubical and said "Hello, couldn't wait" just before a Primitives gig and then waved at me from the stage.

Stayed in the same hotel and had breakfast with Nick Burbridge from McDermott's Two Hours.

Got really annoyed at a JAMC gig at Manchester free trade hall when standing in front of my seat because the seat wouldn't go up probably because the bint behind had jammed her bag under it. Until I realised that though, I thumped and kicked the seat mercilessly. The review of the gig in the NME was based around the wanton destruction of inanimate objects with Jim taking it out on his mic and me on my chair as the featured elements. :oops:

There's probably more...
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

markfiend wrote:Several of my Neil Gaiman books (and some of my Sandman collection) are signed too.
Let me know if you ever want them taken off your hands :wink:
myspace.com/lynchfanatic
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Lynchfanatic wrote:
markfiend wrote:Several of my Neil Gaiman books (and some of my Sandman collection) are signed too.
Let me know if you ever want them taken off your hands :wink:
Hehe no chance ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
boneheadhaggar
Amphetamine Filth

met Simon Gallup and Porl Thompson from The Cure backstage at their Cambridge Corn Exchange gig in 1992

also had a pint of Guiness and a chat with Bob the singer from NFD at the Charlotte in Leicester and went to a studio playback of Spear of Destinys Loadestone album in Manchester where I met the band
Andie
Overbomber

i'll let you figure these out your selves OK

Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
scotty
Overbomber

You're just showing aff noo Andie, but.......... :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8)
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Andie
Overbomber

and...while i have your attention

please note seat location...i queued for 4 nights on the pavement outside the playhouse for that...

worth every second!
scotty
Overbomber

You can stick that yin up yer erse :lol: :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:You're just showing aff noo Andie, but.......... :notworthy: 8) :notworthy: 8)
not at all...unless show your age is fashionable nowadays :innocent:
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:You can stick that yin up yer erse :lol: :twisted:
you don't want to hear the story behind that then?...

oh well

maybe one day i'll bore the tits off you :lol:
scotty
Overbomber

Burn wrote:

oh well

Over a pint or two? :)

If I looked hard enough I could find my ticket from the Murryfield gig when The Pouges & The Mission supported them............I never stayed to see U2.
Andie
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Burn wrote:

oh well

Over a pint or two? :)

If I looked hard enough I could find my ticket from the Murryfield gig when The Pogues & The Mission supported them............I never stayed to see U2.
ye see...i'd have forgone the suport acts and only stayed for U2...

mind...i've seen some tasty suport acts in my time 8) :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

Not near as impressive, but I do have this rather nice Chris Reed (ex Lorries) CD.

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Lynchfanatic
Fire Walking Owl

I dont know who hasnt seen this picture here yet, but incase you missed it, here it is again. :innocent: November 2003

myspace.com/lynchfanatic
Thea
Overbomber

limur wrote: Was at a Bleeding Hearts gig with (apparently) Justin Sullivan and failed to recognise him. There were only about 10 other people there.
He was definatly there! That was my birthday party so I was very very giddy that two of my favorite bands, Justin, Joolz and a load of my mates were in the same room at the same time.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

autographs: gary marx (twice)
robo-breezers
ben christo
simon (nurse) denby
anne-marie
(coolest)

cozy powell
(coolish and rare cos he's dead)

saxon
(gay as fook).

touched loads of sweaty rock stars through the years -nowhere as much fun as having valor from christian death quaking in his boots and hiding behind his bodyguards (massive bender or what?) 'cause they turned up down our local thinking they were (ironically) god all-fucking-mighty. i disagreed.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Badlander
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: touched loads of sweaty rock stars through the years -nowhere as much fun as having valor from christian death quaking in his boots and hiding behind his bodyguards (massive bender or what?) 'cause they turned up down our local thinking they were (ironically) god all-fucking-mighty. i disagreed.
Nice move. This Valor dude looks like a major dick to me anyway. :von:

I've said it before : I saw Projekt Pitchfork live in 94. I didn't like them, but a friend gave me a free ticket. It was only two years after the release of Ministry's Psalm 69, and crossover was still very hot in those days.
So they thought they ought to finish with some electro-metal thingy and then smash their guitars to pieces, which they just did. Then the singer threw his guitar into the public, the body here and the neck there. I was standing there, neither interested nor impressed, and got the guitar's body right in my face.
I still have the scar on my forehead to prove it. ;D
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Muppet
Amphetamine Filth

Autos: Mr Hussey (several)
Craig Adams (twice)
Mick Brown
Simon Hinkler (twice at least - very funny bloke!)
Tim Bricheno
Clint from PWEI and Anne-Marie from GD at the same time, they were getting quite friendly after a GD gig...!!!
Gary Marx
All of the Nephilim a couple of times

My wife gets the occasional email from Julianne Regan - does that count?

Also had a drink with Mr Hussey after a gig in 93, where he was being...ahem... henpecked? :urff:

And I've lost count of the number of times I've seen Jenny Agutter, as she used to live near me. Oi've often seen her wearing welly boots, so there.
"You've a pretty good command of English, for a vole..."
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Muppet wrote:My wife gets the occasional email from Julianne Regan - does that count?

it's sufficiently intimate with a fave yesteryear goddess of mine to make me feel like a sweaty teenager again. :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Purple Light wrote:Much like Norm, a lot of mine would be Leeds United players past & present.
Get this one, Purple - autographed Billy Bremner book! Awesome :notworthy: :notworthy: and an extra :notworthy: for the Wee Ginger Man, RIP.