1995 And Nowhere

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote::notworthy: wow! that's more than i could have hoped for when i felt it shoud be (re)introduced to a larger audience -i certainly never thought he'd be into expanding the project.
i'll say it again: what a bloody nice bloke, with a genuine appreciation of his fanbase. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

i rarely diss eldritch ( and i know that you do come here von) but would it really hurt you to let us have a studio recording of the "new songs" you tight git? :|
What He Said :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

:eek: way to go. Looking forward. :von: Nothing up till now ;D .
MUSICA È
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Big Si wrote: Ah yes, he was laughing at Mr Jones slagging off Queen, while Rachael and wife, Jansenclone, and our Timmy were helping them both drink my credit card to it's limit! :notworthy: :D
:eek:

That was some bloody time ago! And I was heavily concussed by the mighty weight of alcohol that had landed on my head :lol:

I recall very politely asking the staff to reopen the bar for Mr. Marx, like the drunken pompous git I was, and indeed, still am!

Cheers for a top night, Si.

On topic, I also have a copy of 1995 and..., acquired for me, oddly enough, by eldritchboulevard himself! I found I could distinguish it immediately from the Sisters' eighties era, and found it to be sufficiently unique that I am very interested in any further productions!

Alas, it's precise location is unknown in the still-unpacked mass of luggage that constitutes my home!
melchy
Road Kill

*Chop* On actually reading the thread (which helps). Hopefully a remastered version will appear on the site, and then i may get my first listen to what may have been.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

There is a "1995 And Nowhere" up for sale on E-bay - but the track listing doesnt bear much resemblance to what has been discussed here
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Syberberg
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

million voices wrote:There is a "1995 And Nowhere" up for sale on E-bay - but the track listing doesnt bear much resemblance to what has been discussed here
Clicky
I don't necessarily agree with everything I think.
James Blast
Banned

CD #2 is them Pulp Bastids! :evil:
Sorted For E's and Wizz / Help The Aged / This Is Hardcord / Sunrise / Mile End / Do You Remember The First Time / Babies / Weeds / Weeds II / The Fear / The Trees / I love life / Party Hard / Common People
no happy :evil: :evil: :evil:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

arsefekbiscuitarsefekbiscuitarsefekbiscuit=a common response this evening :innocent:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
deadagain
Banned

No news on the GD site, nor release info on the GM site, and I haven't had a reply from Gary yet either, s'not fair...... he must still be hibernating.
Is this the place I used to know as Fatherland?
more-sedatives-pls
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

so.....

still nowhere ? :(

I keep on checking this thing 'cause I'd really like to know what it sounds like, but all I see is nothingness. Is there a way to buy the old version, the remastered version, the version with Eddy Wally backing vocals, the ..... ?
which also reminds me of another thread that I can't locate anymore.... wasn't Mr Marx going to rework an old sisters song relatively recently?
Immodium for the people
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

Why don't you email Mark? See if he has any left. :

http://www.garymarx.com/index.htm
24.24.2.489 Deceased
James Blast
Banned

everytime I get an alert for this I think, Lee! :D
but he's fighting the in~law and I think the law may win :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
deadagain
Banned

I emailed Mr Marx and had no response.

How can I be expected to live a fulfilled life without hearing the Eddy Wally renditions of such top pop tunes?!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

deadagain wrote:I emailed Mr Marx and had no response.

How can I be expected to live a fulfilled life without hearing the Eddy Wally renditions of such top pop tunes?!
give him a few days.... i think he's abroad at the mo :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
deadagain
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:
deadagain wrote:I emailed Mr Marx and had no response.

give him a few days.... i think he's abroad at the mo :)
I meant I emailed him afew months ago and have had no response - think I emailed him late last year too and had no reply. What's a body to do? :cry:
more-sedatives-pls

Not going through the entire thread again, but as I recall Mr. Marx got a fair amount of HL-emails and decided not to answer them one-by-one, but rather have Markfiend (or was it QB or James?) post his general response in this forum. Again as I recall, Mr. Marx was digging into the studio to remaster the songs contained in the album and would then put the order-link up on his site.
On another note, he was also reworking an old Sisters song.

Anyhow, given some peoples' 'connection' to this hand that feeds us, would someone happen to have more recent info re this matter?

Just throwing an idea on the table here, but perhaps the mods could organise a list containing HL-ers who'd buy a copy? Would that help?
Immodium for the people
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

more-sedatives-pls wrote:Not going through the entire thread again, but as I recall Mr. Marx got a fair amount of HL-emails and decided not to answer them one-by-one, but rather have Markfiend (or was it QB or James?) post his general response in this forum.
'twas probably QB. Definitely not me.
more-sedatives-pls wrote:[...]Anyhow, given some peoples' 'connection' to this hand that feeds us, would someone happen to have more recent info re this matter?
Again, probably QB's your man.
more-sedatives-pls wrote:Just throwing an idea on the table here, but perhaps the mods could organise a list containing HL-ers who'd buy a copy? Would that help?
I bought one.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:
more-sedatives-pls wrote:Not going through the entire thread again, but as I recall Mr. Marx got a fair amount of HL-emails and decided not to answer them one-by-one, but rather have Markfiend (or was it QB or James?) post his general response in this forum.
'twas probably QB. Definitely not me.
more-sedatives-pls wrote:[...]Anyhow, given some peoples' 'connection' to this hand that feeds us, would someone happen to have more recent info re this matter?
Again, probably QB's your man.
more-sedatives-pls wrote:Just throwing an idea on the table here, but perhaps the mods could organise a list containing HL-ers who'd buy a copy? Would that help?
I bought one.
aye, i seem to recall it was i 8)

i've not spoken to gary for a few weeks now, and such lapses in comms are usually indicative of him spending some time with his family, often overseas... i'm assuming the current radio silence is another one of those :)

i'll happily drop him another mail with any specific questoin or order queries, so just remind me what you're wanting to ask...? :)
more-sedatives-pls

Quiff Boy wrote: i'll happily drop him another mail with any specific questoin or order queries, so just remind me what you're wanting to ask...? :)
Thanx QB - i'd really appreciate that. Specific questions I had in mind:

- There seem to be quite some ple who'd like to order the 1995 album from him. How could they best do that - separate emails or a joint HL 'list' perhaps (so he knows what number he's dealing with)?
- Or whether he's currently remastering some of the 1995 songs and would like us to shut the **** up for another 3 months so he can finish his artistic activities and put the info on his website?
- How that revamped old sisters song is sounding presently? :innocent:

Just let me know when to shiddaap myself re this topic.... like... right now probably...
Immodium for the people
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:lol:

i'll see what i can find out 8)
Dark
Underneath the Rock

And ask him why the hell I've had the Last Train intro in my head for days. :lol:
taylor
Slight Overbomber

I received a mail from him yesterday from another thing : as QB told is out of home, will contact me soon
deadagain
Banned

more-sedatives-pls wrote: - There seem to be quite some ple who'd like to order the 1995 album from him. How could they best do that - separate emails or a joint HL 'list' perhaps (so he knows what number he's dealing with)?

Just let me know when to shiddaap myself re this topic.... like... right now probably...
:lol:

I'm looking to get hold of a copy if Mr Marx has any left
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ähm:
Also expect to have news on the re-packaged ten track1995 & Nowhere album soon
http://www.garymarx.com/news.htm :eek:
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
nitestorm
Road Kill

I got a mail from nice Mr Marx, or someone who works with/for/alongside/is married to him, and it goes like this,
"Thanks for contacting us - you will have to wait a little longer. Plans are currently underway to package a new 10 track version of the album. Visit the site in a few weeks time for an update."

if it helps...........
Not as good as Motorhead, but better than The Birthday Party, which makes us pretty damn good.