MICE

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EmeraldSignal
Amphetamine Filth

I've put crunchy nut cornflakes on the traps ( i have 8 of these) the crunchy nut was all gone and the traps haven't gone off. Believe me these critters are well smart!

Im gonna try the chocolate, the glue traps and then I'm gonna nuke this place!!!!

Tomorrow I've got the men from the council coming around.

A VERY BIG THANKYOU TO ALL YOU HLANDERS FOR HELPING ME WITH MY DILEMA.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Try peanut butter, they love that! No better way to catch mice, serious!

(sorry just jumped in without realising there was a question to this thread :oops: :lol: )
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
eotunun
Overbomber

Giving an answer without knowing the question ought to result in "42", so you probably are wrong.
There is shadow under this red rock
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Obviousman wrote:Try peanut butter, they love that! No better way to catch mice, serious!

(sorry just jumped in without realising there was a question to this thread :oops: :lol: )

...and the peanut butter's probably contaminated with Salmonella - an even better weapon against the pesky critters (see recent email thread from the Other Place)! :lol: :roll:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

eotunun wrote:Giving an answer without knowing the question ought to result in "42", so you probably are wrong.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, to be honest, I haven't even read the first post yet right now :eek: :lol: :oops:

But 42 would do, too 8) ;D
SINsister wrote:
Obviousman wrote:Try peanut butter, they love that! No better way to catch mice, serious!

...and the peanut butter's probably contaminated with Salmonella - an even better weapon against the pesky critters (see recent email thread from the Other Place)! :lol: :roll:
We caught a couple of them that way, honest! In a mouse-friendly trap (a bit like a tube with a slight angle, tips over when the mouse walks in, closes door), after which I swung 'em over the wall :lol: :oops:

But, then, salmonella would mean they'd suffer less, I presume, :lol:?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
scotty
Overbomber

SINsister wrote: I'd luuuuuuurve a kitteh
Aye, me to :innocent:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Exactly. Poor meeces.
scotty
Overbomber

SINsister wrote:Exactly. Poor meeces.
Yep, I'd like the middle One of these Little Cuties :D :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

scotty wrote:Yep, I'd like the middle One of these Little Cuties :D :twisted:

LOL! Erm, scotty...not exactly the type of "kittehs" that *I'd* had in mind. Pfffft! :lol: :P :wink:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
Keef - those are kittins, not kittehs
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Badlander
Overbomber

scotty wrote:
They probably suck... at catching mice anyway. :roll:

Sorry, too tempting. :oops:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

SINsister wrote:

Read it. Hell mend you for eating the stuff! 'Tis the work of the Devil I tell you - and probably ideal for poisoning mice as well as people.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Oh, dear Androo, you silly sod, I could eat half a jar of the stuff in one sitting if I allowed myself that kind of wanton behavio(u)r! :twisted: ;D

I.LOVE.peanut.butter. (Good thing it comes in a reduced-fat variety, these days!)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

A tip: If you ever happen to visit my mother (I know, I know) don't ask her for peanut butter. The last time I did, the jar was four years past its sell-by date.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:A tip: If you ever happen to visit my mother (I know, I know) don't ask her for peanut butter. The last time I did, the jar was four years past its sell-by date.
Crunchy was it? :urff:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It had separated; a layer of oil on top, all the peanutty bits had sunk. :urff:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eotunun
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:A tip: If you ever happen to visit my mother (I know, I know) don't ask her for peanut butter. The last time I did, the jar was four years past its sell-by date.
When I was cearing up in my grandma´s basement something like 1992ish I found cans of fruit that had expired in 1977.. :lol: :lol:
Yumyum!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

SINsister wrote:Oh, dear Androo, you silly sod, I could eat half a jar of the stuff in one sitting if I allowed myself that kind of wanton behavio(u)r! :twisted: ;D

I.LOVE.peanut.butter. (Good thing it comes in a reduced-fat variety, these days!)
I've been known to curl up in front of an episode of QI with a tub of it, a teaspoon and some sugar on top... :eek: :twisted: ;D

YUM!

:oops:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
bushman*pm
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:It had separated; a layer of oil on top, all the peanutty bits had sunk. :urff:

and you used the green fur to make ikle waistcoats for all them lovely meeces!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LAND ROVER: THE BEAST FOUR BY FOUR BY FEAR! KICKS THE ARSE OFF RICEBURNERS!
boudicca
Sister Midnight

bushman*pm wrote:and you used the green fur to make ikle waistcoats for all them lovely meeces!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: I like the way your mind works.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:
When I was cearing up in my grandma´s basement something like 1992ish I found cans of fruit that had expired in 1977.. :lol: :lol:
Yumyum!
Clearly Mrs. Fiend Snr. and Mrs. Eotunun Snr.+ aren't having any truck with this sell-by malarkey - peanut butter lives forever (its half-life is second only to that of Marmite, which has been found in some of the oldest pyramids, proof that the pharaohs knew a bit about a decent breakfast) - sometimes the heavier peanut settles out below the lighter oil (it's really just pureed peanut in an oil suspension, the oil giving it spreadability and mouthfeel), all you have to do is stir it up a bit and you're ok.
Eotunun's granny understood that the whole point about canning stuff was that it preserves it in perpetuity - so long as the can isn't damaged in such a way that the tin coating is compromised, thereby allowing the contents to interact with the steel inner wall, causing (this) corrosion and leading to oxidation of the steel and the subsequent explosion of the can, then there is no reason that canned goods cannot be kept for as long as you want (which is why they keep them in fall-out shelters, and why the cans of pemmican that they found in Captain Scott's hut in the Antarctic are as good today as they were in 1912).

Of course, the real trick is to get the mice into the cans in the first place.
Hank Moody
eotunun
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote: peanut butter lives forever
Even microbes refuse to eat that stuff?
EvilBastard wrote: and why the cans of pemmican that they found in Captain Scott's hut in the Antarctic are as good today as they were in 1912).
There´s a theory the climate of the Antarctic might have a wee effect, too. (As I heard a number of fatalities resulted from the techniques used for canning in the earl days of the canned food, which was to solder the cans shut with the very heathy metal calle Lead. Your food will easily survive you.)
EvilBastard
Overbomber

eotunun wrote:
EvilBastard wrote: peanut butter lives forever
Even microbes refuse to eat that stuff?
Nope - microbes won't eat peanut butter because they can't get hold of any really good jam, and even the least-discerning microbe knows that peanut butter without the jelly just isn't worth the effort :lol:
Hank Moody
boudicca
Sister Midnight

EvilBastard wrote:and even the least-discerning microbe knows that peanut butter without the jelly just isn't worth the effort :lol:
Either I am even lower in the food chain than an amoeba then, or what you are saying is SO NOT TRUE :P

Peanut butter ought not to be sullied by contact with any other foodstuff, quite frankly. It stands alone 8) :notworthy:

(don't buy s**t brands though kids, they're full of palm oil which is not actually a foodstuff either, rather something the yanks invented to decimate indonesian forests and make their own populace even more fat)
EvilBastard
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:Peanut butter ought not to be sullied by contact with any other foodstuff, quite frankly. It stands alone 8) :notworthy:
And yet...you advocate sprinkling sugar on top of it...
I've been known to curl up in front of an episode of QI with a tub of it, a teaspoon and some sugar on top...
:eek:
Hank Moody