Siouxsie

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Eggi and I've been to Köln and have just returned...

I must say, I'm glad to have seen this legend, but it would have been far better to have seen her 10, 15 years ago. Sadly, I didn't have the chance then.

1. Arabian Nights was a desaster, she didn't find the notes at all. Sligthly less, but still bad was Israel, Spellbound was just ok. What's wrong? She clearly still has enough range in her voice, and enough power, she seemed just too lazy to perform... I don't know.
2. She kept the audience waiting far too long for no apparent reason, and she was clearly in a very bad mood.
3. The worst of all though is that she's obviously a had several expensive surgeries done. This is never the same face and body as 5 five years ago on video - it's "younger" now! Why can't women age gracefully, accepting the curves and the wrinkles (=scars of the fun one has had through the years)? Who is she kidding? Maybe none of you guys would like to shag Patty Smith, but that's one woman who's strong enough to show each and every sign of the life she's had. That's a woman I want to see onstage, no Cher-clone, sorry.

I like the new songs, though.

Rant over...
You can't fix stupid.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Eva wrote:Maybe none of you guys would like to shag Patty Smith...
Aye, but there you go. Maybe ol' Sioux isn't into shagging old men..? :urff:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being in Amsterdam for a few days of holidays, I took the opportunity to go to her show in Amsterdam at the Melkweg, and this was a fabulous show, Susan was in a great mood.
I took a few videos and photos, here they are:
Videos:
Israël: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PUkcOMMIGc
Spellbound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s75OKUrYtAY
Hong Kong Garden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEBr0cnQM7k

Photos:
Image[/b]
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Ace. First view and comment on the Hong Kong Garden vid.. yes, I was expecting it about an octave higher, but damned if she still doesn't sing it well :)
Eva

SINsister wrote:
Eva wrote:Maybe none of you guys would like to shag Patty Smith...
Aye, but there you go. Maybe ol' Sioux isn't into shagging old men..? :urff:
Well, I guess she has a major mid life crisis. She's 50 and just has had a divorce. I'll give her credits for that, as I wouldn't want to be in her position. On the other hand the audience mostly constisted of terribly aged male and female (ex-)goths and (ex-)punks. If they can take it with a sense of humour, why can't she? Oh, and there are enough young men who don't mind the wrinkles if they're into older women.... :wink: Besides, isn't it ultimately genuine love we're after and not just the odd shag every now and then?
You can't fix stupid.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

:eek: I think I'll be sensible here (for once) and keep my mouth shut... :innocent: :von:
Eva

SINsister wrote::eek: I think I'll be sensible here (for once) and keep my mouth shut... :innocent: :von:
:lol: And I'll follow your good example... I've promised several posts up that the rant was over.... :wink:
You can't fix stupid.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

D'ya reckon, Eva?
I'm right behind you on the looking your age thing (and personally I think Patti Smith looks fab even now), but I'm looking and I reeeeaally don't think Siouxsie has had "anything done". She may not have ever been typically beautiful but she has a great bone structure... the kind of face that actually would age very well indeed.

Having said that, even if she has, I still think she deserves major kudos for being able to kick such arse after half a century :notworthy:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Eva

Well, Boudicca, if it's all nature, then she really is blessed... It still was a crap gig though. :lol: But she deserves respect for her voice... :notworthy:
You can't fix stupid.
My Dominion

doctoravalanche wrote:Being in Amsterdam for a few days of holidays, I took the opportunity to go to her show in Amsterdam at the Melkweg, and this was a fabulous show, Susan was in a great mood.
So Doctor we visited the same show.
A shame we didn't meet.
Did you stay after the concert for the dancing part ?
Also the dj was in a good mood. requested for the Sisters.
He looked and said must be possible....
Later on "Alice" was dancing on the dancefloor.
Not bad at all.
Greetings
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
James Blast
Banned

Eva wrote:mostly constisted of terribly aged male and female (ex-)goths and (ex-)punk
I have a prob with that :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

boudicca wrote:D'ya reckon, Eva?
I'm right behind you on the looking your age thing...
:P I'm planted firmly in the diametric opposite camp. Granted, I think having oodles of plastic surgery is just plain nonsensical (not to mention, dangerous), but if a nip here or a tuck there serves to raise one's self-esteem, then I'm all for it.

Speaking of looking one's age - or not, that is (this should probably be posted in the "Slightly Happy Today" thread, but whatever! :lol:): at dinner last night with my dad, my brother, and my sister-in-law, we all ordered drinks; I was asked for proof of age (the legal drinking age in the U.S. is 21) before I was able to order my beer. My sis-in-law was seriously pissed off, lemme tell ya - she's *9 years* younger than I am. Bwahahahahaha! :lol: :twisted:

:notworthy: @ me! ;D
Francis
Overbomber

Eva wrote:she's obviously a had several expensive surgeries done
Get off of my cloud! :wink:
And you know that she's half crazy but that's why you want to be there.
Eva

James Blast wrote:
Eva wrote:mostly constisted of terribly aged male and female (ex-)goths and (ex-)punk
I have a prob with that :|
How do you mean, James? I'm counting myself in, and I don't mean it in a disrespectful way. It's just that people who have been around in the late seventies/early eighties/mid-eighties as teenagers or early twens most certainly can't be early twens now that we're living in a new century. And most of these people haven't been living very healthily - at least not in their youth (smoking, drinking etc.) and that shows. Nobody's ugly, just aged. I felt very much at ease in this audience because most people were my age and older. I put it in the phrase above as I did to say: Look, if the audience has aged and shows it, why must the singer try to look like a twen? See Patti Smith for comparison...
You can't fix stupid.
doctoravalanche

My Dominion wrote:So Doctor we visited the same show.
A shame we didn't meet.
Not bad at all.
Greetings
Looks like we were at the same place indeed !!
No I did not stay at the after party, indeed during the concert my wife did not feel well (too much heat), and then right after the show we went to eat in a restaurant.
Nice that you had a bit of Sisters at the party :)
nowayjose

boudicca wrote:the kind of face that actually would age very well indeed.
About looks and their ability to "deceive"...

Folks, have a look at the fine-looking woman in this http://bp0.blogger.com/___Fw8eo_tto/Rvj ... MG0104.JPG
photo and guess how old she is... (a rude topic, I know... but since we're at it...)
the-happening

Just back from SIOUXSIE at the roundhouse and having been to a couple of her other gigs this was by far the best. Surprise track of the night was Nicotine Stain. I do think that her current album is more suited to her vocal limits and that on some of the older numbers she struggles a little but hey I ain't complaining. A world with Siouxsie is a far better place than without. Second time at the Roundhouse and it is a fantastic venue pisses on the Astoria, Shepherds Bush and Forum.
"i'm talking about god, devil, hell, do you understand, finally?"
psichonaut
Overbomber

nice pics DoctorAvalanche.....she still were a beutiful woman
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
biggy

nowayjose wrote:
boudicca wrote:the kind of face that actually would age very well indeed.
About looks and their ability to "deceive"...

Folks, have a look at the fine-looking woman in this http://bp0.blogger.com/___Fw8eo_tto/Rvj ... MG0104.JPG
photo and guess how old she is... (a rude topic, I know... but since we're at it...)

I'm curious now.
How old is she?
Love ? Love is just f**king with a kiss thrown in !!!
DJ Nephilimbabe
Road Kill

LOL - Reminded me of the last Bauhaus tour.

Peter Murphy couldn't hack it anymore either. Time to give it up girl.
eotunun
Overbomber

DJ Nephilimbabe wrote:
LOL - Reminded me of the last Bauhaus tour.

Peter Murphy couldn't hack it anymore either. Time to give it up girl.
:eek: Blimey! That's a weak performance..
A bit out off training, aren't we, Siouxsie?
"These are my principles! And if you don't like the just says so, I have others, too!"
~Rufus T. Firefly
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

I dunno. It's definitely a bit upsetting to hear her like this, but a couple of things are striking me. First off, the audience is bellowing the tunes pretty loudly; from the vantage point of the person recording, he/she's grabbing audience audio as well as Siouxsie's, which is quite off-putting. Secondly, it sounds like Sioux's lost a lot of her upper range. When I was a kid, I could sing in the upper soprano range effortlessly. As an adult, I'm an alto, and there's just nothing I can do about it, other than to sing certain notes in "head voice," which I hate doing.

This doesn't mean that Sioux can't sing anymore (imho, of course), but she and the band should have made allowances and adjusted to her "adult" voice a bit better, methinks...

ETA: I wonder if she's unable to hear herself onstage..?
My Dominion

doctoravalanche wrote:
My Dominion wrote:So Doctor we visited the same show.
A shame we didn't meet.
Not bad at all.
Greetings
Looks like we were at the same place indeed !!
No I did not stay at the after party, indeed during the concert my wife did not feel well (too much heat), and then right after the show we went to eat in a restaurant.
Nice that you had a bit of Sisters at the party :)
Hope your wife felt better afterwards.
And also hope you have enjoyed your stay in the Dutch Capital.
maybe until the next time
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
nowayjose

biggy wrote: I'm curious now.
How old is she?
It's Siobhan Fahey (of Bananarama/Shakespears Sister fame...)
She's turning 50 next year.

(http://siobhanfahey.blogspot.com/)
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

nowayjose wrote:
biggy wrote: I'm curious now.
How old is she?
It's Siobhan Fahey (of Bananarama/Shakespears Sister fame...)
She's turning 50 next year.

(http://siobhanfahey.blogspot.com/)
I *thought* she looked familiar... :notworthy: