just something I learned today

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

silentNate wrote:I just discovered that the posters on this site have read one of my wifes favourite books-the Unadulterated Cat :eek: :lol:
Not only that one ;) Read 'em ALL ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
silentNate
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
silentNate wrote:I just discovered that the posters on this site have read one of my wifes favourite books-the Unadulterated Cat :eek: :lol:

IZ.
I doubt you have read that many Patricia Cornwell novels :eek:
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

silentNate wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.
I doubt you have read that many Patricia Cornwell novels :eek:
Pratchetts I mean ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Carpathian Psychonaut
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I discovered that Ronnie Hazlehurst created the intro to "Are You Being Served?" in the way that he did to save cost, hence the tills and money sounds. Most surprisingly, this was before Pink Floyd did it at the start of "Money" - looks like the now passed composer was the cool one ! ;D
You’ll Disappear Before The Next Star Rises
mh
Above the Chemist

I discovered that you can't submit a proposed agenda for a meeting with your boss, but you can submit a "list of items we would like to have covered in the course of the meeting".

Bizarre and farcical!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

This really made my jaw drop, even though it's geeky:

The designer of the original Apple Macintoshes is the same guy as the one who designed the Windows 'style' and UI back in the days :eek:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

Xerox guys, all from Palo Alto, Zed IIRC

I remember using Macs for about 5 years then going to a Xerox demo of their latest "graphics type thingey"

it was years away from what was already being ported for the Apple Macintosh computers back in the day
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Interesting!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
James Blast
Banned

JSILT -
Skinny Puppy are shite, no matter what genre they are trying to create, and they are not scary just daft!

caveat: on the 2007 tour they had a most excellent drummer
See the Drummer get Wicked!
the lead shoutist, I need to have words with
:|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
smiscandlon
Overbomber

Until today I had no idea that Richard Dawkins is married to former Mrs Tom Baker, the lovely Lalla Ward. :eek:

анархия
James Blast
Banned

jsIlt:
there is no point in BBQing an Hot Peperami
Gruyere cheese does not melt on top of a beef burger, even if you close the lid and let it stand while the heat builds
1 (one) G'n'T plus the first sunlight and heat of the year, sends The Mum "aff her heid"!

thank you
~ Peter Steele
boudicca
Sister Midnight

James Blast wrote: 1 (one) G'n'T plus the first sunlight and heat of the year, sends The Mum "aff her heid"!
I've noticed the same thing with mine... in the dead of winter :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
James Blast
Banned

aye, but.... winter in Poshville is different from Pleeb Toon :lol:
~ Peter Steele
Petseri
Overbomber

Gordon Bradley died earlier this year. :(
James Blast
Banned

?
~ Peter Steele