The 1985 split

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
mistressteal
Road Kill

Mothra wrote:10 minute interview with Wayne on this podcast http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... k-podcast/

He starts yapping about 10 minutes in. Mainly about the Mish but touches on The Sisters split as well. Nothing new in there, but from the horses mouth I guess... 8)
Yes, "yapping" is a good adjective to describe it. :lol:
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

spot778 wrote:Cool avatar metal :notworthy:

The reason I read about the "Patsy not allowed to talk about it" was they settled out of court. According to Andrew the issue lay in the fact he had to pay all the legal fees to prove his case and she didn't owing to the British legal system.

So in theory she could have bled him dry until he rolled over and paid her off.
Buts she has spoken about it, admittedly not often. Claims she took a contract on trust and didn't get a lawyer to look it over, and found out that she was entitled to a whole lot of nothing after Eldritch booted her. What the disagreement between them actually was no-ones said. Andreas Bruhn claimed that although Patsy was as nice as pie to him, her and Eldo were positively frosty.
Besides, she doesn't strike me as the vengeful litigant type. The snide remarks and bitchiness have been on Eldo's side largely.

As for dear old Wayne..I remember some interview with Eldritch where he claims he "disappeared" into Mexico for a drugs fest and "didn't see what the fuss was about" when the rest of the band were furious with him. I suppose in the end they decided it wasn't worth the bother and they could forge a decent career for themselves without having to put up with his antics and stranglehold on the band. I'm pretty sure Wayne and co were far better off in their heyday than they would have been as members of the TSOM.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

For an adult of sound(?) mind to sign a contract ,admittedly without reading it and/or having a lawyer look at it ,then claim they got screwed over is absurd.Pat also cried that the worst time in her life was having her flat taken away just as The Sisters were about to play Wembley.She left the band late 89/early90 -the band played Wembley in November '90.She had been living in a flat paid for by The Sisters for 9 months after she left the band and she's crying about it?FFS.
And you're right,"the rest of the band"was better off without Von.In the short run.