Sisters played Suikerrock

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

lazarus corporation wrote:Maybe Von just decided to give up the fags and sing a few old songs, and there was absolutely no hidden meaning?
So what would be the hidden meaning behind no hidden meaning then :lol:

Just popping by to say it was excellent and I loved the gig and everyone who was there. For me personally it didn't beat Zottegem yet (atmo-wise) though set list-wise it's probably one of the very best ones :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Obviously big kudos to everyone who was there for real and in spirit, at the gig, the before gig drinkies and especially the aftergig garden party (even though it was past learly when we hit the feathers).

Thanks :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

http://www.suikerrock.be/2008/Photo.asp ... 6394877252

Mostly photo's of The Christer of Mercy and a few, ehm, portrays of Uncle Von
guns & cars & accidents
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

From now on, we don't use :von: but :urff: if we use him as an emoticon...?
guns & cars & accidents
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Ahráyeph wrote:And a special mention to Laurent and his friends dropping in for a visit. Ever see your label boss turn up for a drink? Well, I did. Ok, the drinks were free, so that may have had something to do with it. ;D Kidding! Thanks for stopping by! :notworthy:
Ha ha, thank you so much Raf, that was a real pleasure.
Stunning gig ... I will write more soon as I am just back in Paris and I am now watching the video 8)
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

dinky daisy wrote:http://www.suikerrock.be/2008/Photo.asp ... 6394877252

Mostly photo's of The Christer of Mercy and a few, ehm, portrays of Uncle Von
That's just daft. There were about a trillion photographers with big feck off cameras and lenses and they just took one picture from one angle over and over?
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
radiojamaica
Overbomber

... euhm, I actually did see Andrew lite up a cig. Sorry :innocent:

And what a great gig it was!
I can't get the sound of Good Things out of my head either. It doesn't happen a lot, but when The Sisters come up with a surprise it never fails to impress me big time (Comfortably numb in 92, Uptown Top Ranking in Lokeren and now Good Things & Capricorn)!
They did deliver the goods inna fine style and I've never seen Simon D. so much into the whole thing, he was a delight to watch... I was kinda proud I chose my March Violets shirt for the night ;D

Other beauty was the get together with the fine HL crowd. It was wonderful to finally meet Planetdave for the first time & it had been a while since I last spoke to Motz & dad, so that alone was worth the trip...
but all he rest of yous are the crème de la crème and just one hell of a bunch! :D :notworthy: :notworthy:

The night ended for some of us in Louie's garden with lots of Duvel and stuff and laughter and stories and... then I just fell asleep :oops:

Safe travels for those that do and everybody enjoy the comedown 8) :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

here's a few pics I found on ze web: http://www.cuttingedge.be/photo_reports ... cy?index=0
in dub we trust
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

and I've never seen Simon D. so much into the whole thing, he was a delight to watch...
Indeed. He was the fourth member behind the desk, almost working like... a drummer.
guns & cars & accidents
robertzombie
Overbomber

Very jealous! :(
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

dinky daisy wrote:Image

Is it me, or is Von turning into Emperor Palpatine?
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

:lol: By the way, i have to admit: Ben was extremely good. His guitar rocked hard. I always laughed about his s**t Myspace and too hot over-the-top photo's, but screw that; it was a great job.
guns & cars & accidents
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

lazarus corporation wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:Image

Is it me, or is Von turning into Emperor Palpatine?
eurm.. didn't you know yet? :lol:
i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Just back at home, and - wow - already a lot of statements here.

This gig was the most impressive sisters show I've ever seen live since my virst gig anno 2001. Whatsoever: No major sound difficulties at all and :von: voice was in a real good shape - I'm not talking about a few moments or songs - nono - top voice from the beginning up to the last song. And yes - no onstage smoking. My personal highlight was GOOD THING - not just a surpise, it's also a great and totally audible version - topic #1 at the aftershow discussions.

Light show and smoke balance was very well balanced - only ben looked not very well presented - at least from my viewpoint. The whole venue and stage was bigger than I've expected before showing up there.

Another Highlight was the fact that I could say hello to a lot of peolple from heartland and poison-door. Indeed too many names for my bad memory but it was really nice to meet&greet some of you girlz and guyz - pity that I've missed a few - Unfortunately, I was totally wasted after the show, could only sit and thanks to the fu*king loud&lousy after show "music" we decided to go back to our camping place.

Btw:

- Audio bootie sounds superb - I'll try to upload a full lenght MP3 set later in the evening/night. Be prepared for 100% satisfaction^^

- Video bootie looks also very decent - bit shaky here and there because I had to deal with pain in the back and arms and beeing excited. But beside that it seems really good looking.
Ghostrider

dinky daisy wrote:
Arrrgh! wrote:
I'm not sure how to interprete this move of the Sisters... is this a last attempt to come up with something decent, or are they actually doing finishing touches to the new stuff which means they would have the album done soon?
Now, I'm sorry to be cruel, but do you really think that's likely?

I'd love to think it might happen, but anyone at this stage who actually thinks that an album might appear is just delusional. Really.

It's nice they did a good gig, and played two out-of-the-ordinary songs, but that's all they did. For most bands, that's not even all that unusual.
That is true. Totally. But the gig rocked. Everybody's fine.
so i guess i'm clearly delusional.. :lol:

if you listen to the past 5 years of gig.. setlists have almost always been the same.. now all of a sudden they play a completely diff setlist...
just to please the belgian crowd with which they always had a special connection..

setlist however is not the main thing.. it's the extra refinement of all the new songs.. the doctor had some extra samples.. riffs were finetuned..
everything just sounded way cleaner.. even the ones they got from underneath the dust..

wonder how long :von: had to study to remember his Good thing
lyrics.. :lol

wonder even harder who came up with good things.. :notworthy:
Ghostrider

DocSommer wrote: - Audio bootie sounds superb - I'll try to upload a full lenght MP3 set later in the evening/night. Be prepared for 100% satisfaction^^

- Video bootie looks also very decent - bit shaky here and there because I had to deal with pain in the back and arms and beeing excited. But beside that it seems really good looking.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

DocSommer wrote:- Audio bootie sounds superb - I'll try to upload a full lenght MP3 set later in the evening/night. Be prepared for 100% satisfaction^^
You are a total star :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
doctoravalanche

Docsommer, a pity that we did not met, mabe I should try to send you my video which looks and sounds very nice too (but had no more battery after Lucretia), maybe you could do something with yours to make a nice dvd of this awesome show ...
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Ghostrider wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:
Arrrgh! wrote: Now, I'm sorry to be cruel, but do you really think that's likely?

I'd love to think it might happen, but anyone at this stage who actually thinks that an album might appear is just delusional. Really.

It's nice they did a good gig, and played two out-of-the-ordinary songs, but that's all they did. For most bands, that's not even all that unusual.
That is true. Totally. But the gig rocked. Everybody's fine.

if you listen to the past 5 years of gig.. setlists have almost always been the same.. now all of a sudden they play a completely diff setlist...
just to please the belgian crowd with which they always had a special connection..

setlist however is not the main thing.. it's the extra refinement of all the new songs.. the doctor had some extra samples.. riffs were finetuned..
everything just sounded way cleaner.. even the ones they got from underneath the dust..

Well; i remember songs like Romeo Down in 2005, a new one (Still) in 2007, Something Fast popped up now and then, I was wrong, When You Don't See came along... So let's face it, setlist weren't 100% identical in the past. Ever seen a Cure setlist? Ok, they can bring on more classics - because they made more albums. But A Forest is always the encore.
the doctor had some extra samples.. riffs were finetuned..
Maybe this is true, but to me it's gear nerd talk: dok sounded the same to me...
guns & cars & accidents
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:
Ghostrider wrote:
dinky daisy wrote: That is true. Totally. But the gig rocked. Everybody's fine.

Well; i remember songs like Romeo Down in 2005, a new one (Still) in 2007, Something Fast popped up now and then, I was wrong, When You Don't See came along... So let's face it, setlist weren't 100% identical in the past. Ever seen a Cure setlist? Ok, they can bring on more classics - because they made more albums. But A Forest is always the encore.

not in the latest tour my friend. Go check it out :wink: :wink:
the doctor had some extra samples.. riffs were finetuned..
Maybe this is true, but to me it's gear nerd talk: dok sounded the same to me...
MUSICA È
Elise
Road Kill

:notworthy: :notworthy: Yes ! It was fantastic ! :notworthy: :notworthy:
I was in the frontrow , so I was able to see everything really well.
Very good lightshow , :von: looked good and his voice was awesome !
:notworthy: The guitars sounded really well too ! :notworthy:

Also very nice to meet you again Ozpat and to meet your girlfriend Wendy. :D We had a great weekend ! :D
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Arrrgh! wrote:Good lord, is that Von . . . singing?

My my, I haven't heard that in a very long time. Is it possible that giving up the fags has given him his voice back?

Those youtube clips sound great - the best I've heard them in a long time at any rate. . . .
Yes, this of course THE thing to remember about this concert. The voice that got us all(?) into the Sisters once is back, or at least on its way there. Put a big silly smile on my face when I realised it!

If I should mention a minus point (forgive me) it would have to be the light show which was the most uncoordinated and flippy I have seen. That wasn't the Guru, was it?

But whatever, with a sound like that, who the f**k needs a lightshow anyway?
Ania
Road Kill

I missed it... Babysitter was sorted, as I'm in Poland right now and my mum was more than happy... transport too (courtesy of Wojtek :notworthy: :notworthy: ) but... how could I leave my little four-month-old cutie??? the answer is... I couldn't... I'm suchy a MUM!!! lol
Glad you all had fun and I hope to see the sisters sometime soon...
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

doctoravalanche wrote:Docsommer, a pity that we did not met, mabe I should try to send you my video which looks and sounds very nice too (but had no more battery after Lucretia), maybe you could do something with yours to make a nice dvd of this awesome show ...
indeed :(

Your video is, of course, very welcome - some other HL'ers has also filmed a few parts here and there so maybe it's enough footage for a decent multicam DVD.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Obviousman wrote:
DocSommer wrote:- Audio bootie sounds superb - I'll try to upload a full lenght MP3 set later in the evening/night. Be prepared for 100% satisfaction^^
You are a total star :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I can only second that! :notworthy: :notworthy: :D

I'll keep on watching this space... 8)
"as we walk on the floodland"
doctoravalanche

DocSommer wrote:
doctoravalanche wrote:Docsommer, a pity that we did not met, mabe I should try to send you my video which looks and sounds very nice too (but had no more battery after Lucretia), maybe you could do something with yours to make a nice dvd of this awesome show ...
indeed :(

Your video is, of course, very welcome - some other HL'ers has also filmed a few parts here and there so maybe it's enough footage for a decent multicam DVD.
I recorded it with a digital video recorder, can you read mini DV tapes ?