cancer for my educacion?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:agree to disagreE Bastard?
I think we can manage that 8)
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
James Blast
Banned

Unscarred.
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
metal on metal
Amphetamine Filth

Well, I try not to let it get in the way as much as it used to. "If there's a hell below, we're all gonna go", as Curtis Mayfield said...
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

taliabee wrote:
metal on metal wrote:
taliabee wrote: Oh! And, commas before conjunctions - rap over the knuckles from Sister Aquinas's ruler of doom there :D
<< on with mortar-board cap >>

Although it's commonly believed that we never use a comma before a conjuction (for example, when "and" introduces the last item in a list), there isn't really such a straightforward rule. The adverbial phrase "but incorrectly so" offers a contrast to the previous "it's used that way", so it's quite correct to use a comma there . It's also correct to use a comma before a conjunction if that conjunction is joining two simple sentences such as "I know that's a bit of a simplification" and "the convention of using it after "re" serves no punctuative purpose".

I think your Sister Aquinas was a bit too ready with her child-beating ways!
ah but, we were told that, if you'd phrased the sentence such that it needed a comma before the conjunction, then you had phrased it incorrectly - go back and do it again!! :eek: she was a bit free with that ruler - still look around to check i'm doing nothing wrong whenever i see a nun :D
isnt grammar lovely?!
txx
Actually, my first one's correct ("Yes, it's used that way, but incorrectly so. ") because the two commas separate an additional clause, but Sister Aquinas has got me on the second ("I know that's a bit of a simplification, but..."): absolutely no justification for a comma there (so I'll console myself by using another colon instead).
taliabee
Road Kill

consider yourself told - the nuns always win!!
t : )
...exploring fascinating avenues of improper behaviour...
James Blast
Banned

I still haven't been clued into what part of Saint Patrick you were referring to, go on, tell me?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

James Blast wrote:I still haven't been clued into what part of Saint Patrick you were referring to, go on, tell me?
school ?

where their was no such place as 'Marks and Spencer' apparently because if their was in a list the nun's would be f**ked right up they're ring of christ :lol:
Goths have feelings too
James Blast
Banned

perfect sense as allas
~ Peter Steele
EvilBastard
Overbomber

taliabee wrote:the nuns always win!!
But...

"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
taliabee
Road Kill

yeah, saint patrick's junior mixed and infants -collier row, blinding school ruled by sister aquinas -quite literally!
explains a lot about me now, actually - liking for black and pain - lol!
...exploring fascinating avenues of improper behaviour...