Usage of the N word

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@Moses...that seems to depend on what situation they're using it in & towards who. Actually, that word can be used towards any person as the meaning (according to Webster's Unabridged Dictionary) is a low-class, ignorant person. Have met plenty of white folks who fit that definition!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The TV programme "Nathan Barley" (based on Cnut from Charlie Brooker's TVGoHome) had the title character call everyone 'my ni**er'.

But then, he's supposed to be a cnut. ;)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Patti Smith has a track on her Easter cd that's called "Rock 'n Roll [whoops, i did a racism]" ~ good song....yet again she also says that Jesus Christ was a [whoops, i did a racism] too!

:lol: :notworthy: :lol: Got to love her. :notworthy:

Anyhoo, I know a worse word than the N word, it starts with a K. :wink:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
James Blast
Banned

kebab?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
eotunun
Overbomber

Kritney? Spears or Houston, you chose.
There is shadow under this red rock
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

no and no....ha!

Give you a clue though...it's a NOT said thing in S.A. unless you want to be shot, or have a taxi bus run you off the road.
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

MadameButterfly wrote:Patti Smith has a track on her Easter cd that's called "Rock 'n Roll n****r" ~ good song....yet again she also says that Jesus Christ was a n****r too!
:notworthy:

I do have to say, that is one mighty choon, one of my all-time faves, and it doesn't remotely offend me (and I can't really imagine it doing so even if I was black to be honest). The intent behind the words makes an enormous amount of difference I think - rightly or wrongly.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

boudicca wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:Patti Smith has a track on her Easter cd that's called "Rock 'n Roll n****r" ~ good song....yet again she also says that Jesus Christ was a n****r too!
:notworthy:

I do have to say, that is one mighty choon, one of my all-time faves, and it doesn't remotely offend me (and I can't really imagine it doing so even if I was black to be honest). The intent behind the words makes an enormous amount of difference I think - rightly or wrongly.
Hee! It is a mighty choon! ;D
There's another song, by who ... oh dear, but it goes...*edit ~ NOFX

Don't call me white!
Don't call me white!
Also an ace choon! :wink: ;D
that ongoing eternity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

MadameButterfly wrote:Don't call me white!
Don't call me white!
I say that all the time, but nobody listens... :wink:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

boudicca wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:Don't call me white!
Don't call me white!
I say that all the time, but nobody listens... :wink:
But but they should my black sista! :lol:
that ongoing eternity
moses
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

That will be this one:
Jimi Hendrix was a [whoops, i did a racism].
Jesus Christ and Grandma, too.
Jackson Pollock was a [whoops, i did a racism].
[whoops, i did a racism], [whoops, i did a racism], [whoops, i did a racism], [whoops, i did a racism],
[whoops, i did a racism], [whoops, i did a racism], [whoops, i did a racism].
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

moses wrote:

That will be this one:
Jimi Hendrix was a n****r.
Jesus Christ and Grandma, too.
Jackson Pollock was a n****r.
n****r, n****r, n****r, n****r,
n****r, n****r, n****r.
Indeed sir indeed! :D
that ongoing eternity
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

markfiend wrote:The TV programme "Nathan Barley" (based on Cnut from Charlie Brooker's TVGoHome) had the title character call everyone 'my ni**er'.

But then, he's supposed to be a cnut. ;)
I only know the Japanese version ;)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=baJyUKEHp4U

Beware, may contain the n-word, amongst others! :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
msm67
Amphetamine Filth

@MB...fantastic song!! :notworthy: And no one has ever called her racist for it. Unlike the flack Guns n Roses got for using it once in One in a Million. :?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

MadameButterfly wrote:no and no....ha!

Give you a clue though...it's a NOT said thing in S.A. unless you want to be shot, or have a taxi bus run you off the road.
Oh. I think I know what word you mean. Derived from an Islamic term usually translated as unbeliever...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Here's an interesting post on the Patti Smith song:

http://babellist.xnet2.com/9706/msg00466.html

Now, what about the use of MF in Vision Thing. Commercial suicide? 8)

The use of the word 'Black' came from this btw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Say_It_Lou ... %27m_Proud
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

And Wayne uses the term "rock'n'roll n****r in The M*****n's Divided We Fall. (Note how I can't use that word either. Apparently they're as bad as each other.)
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

markfiend wrote:

Oh. I think I know what word you mean. Derived from an Islamic term usually translated as unbeliever...
We have a winner! I didn't know it derived from an Islamic term...wow that saying that you learn something new everyday and all that....
that ongoing eternity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

MadameButterfly wrote:
markfiend wrote:

We have a winner! I didn't know it derived from an Islamic term...wow that saying that you learn something new everyday and all that....
It doesn't seem to be quite as offensive in arabic as it does in English - our Syrian bus driver was routinely referred to as a [thing] by the guide because he ate during Ramadan, although as a bona-fide traveler he got a dispensation.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

EvilBastard wrote:
MadameButterfly wrote:
markfiend wrote: Oh. I think I know what word you mean. Derived from an Islamic term usually translated as unbeliever...
It doesn't seem to be quite as offensive in arabic as it does in English - our Syrian bus driver was routinely referred to as a [thing] by the guide because he ate during Ramadan, although as a bona-fide traveler he got a dispensation.
I've never heard it in arabic so don't know what it sounds like in that language. Your story EB is interesting as he was called [thing] in the meaning of the word which in this case can't be seen as offensive actually. The thing that has always got to me is that word being used when the user doesn't even know the meaning of the word. :roll:

It doesn't matter really as I am of opion if you are discriminating in calling a certain group a certain word, it's just a bad thing. It's not the words used that is getting me, it's the prejudice behind the words that worries me. The same as labels of all kinds....
that ongoing eternity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

MadameButterfly wrote:It's not the words used that is getting me, it's the prejudice behind the words that worries me. The same as labels of all kinds....
Well, we're all human at the end of the day.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Yeah, I sure didn't feel like it at the start of the day.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Regarding the Arabic word: are you referring to a word that begins with the letter K, and also refers to a variety of lime?
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Dark
Underneath the Rock

According to Wiki's list of derogatory terms (what CAN'T that site spew out?), yes.
Silver_Owl
The Don

I'm glad nobody has actually used the k word. Saves me amending the swear filter. :lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.