Isn't Floodland one of the best albums ever?!

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
psichonaut
Overbomber

Gimme_The_Ring wrote:It's damn near perfect. :notworthy:

Even when the last track has faded out you still want more which is always the sign of a good album. How many of us here have bought albums over the years and been bored by the time it reaches the 4th or 5th song? :urff:
right...it's my case for Floodland ;D :innocent:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
iesus
Overbomber

That's the reason behind "More" bein' the first single after the Floodland era :twisted: ;D :lol: :lol:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Rosalie
Amphetamine Filth

No. "Dick at Night" is one of the best albums ever.
Anne Widdecombe sucks.
_emma_
Overbomber

Today's thought not exactly related to "Isn't Floodland one of the best albums ever?!" (which obviously it is :von: ), but close...
Like lots of people, I usually listen to my favourite music either at home or in my car. The situation over the recent month was different: at home, there's the lovely new boyfriend who kinda likes The Sisters, but in the "not that much", "not those dreary songs", and "not those awful bootlegs again, pleeeaaase" kind of way. That's home, and as for the car - its repair took the entire recent month, and I was driving the other old car in that time, which is good for driving but lacks an audio equipment other than radio. So, as result, my time of undisturbed, one-to-one contact with The Sisters was recently very limited.
Today at 7 AM right before driving to work I finally got my car back. 8) For the next 30 kilometres there was just me and the music, no side-moaning, no side-talking, no judging, no turning down the volume, no voicing of opinions... Some of you out there will know what I mean, the "today's thought" was - when there's just me and this, I am myself in every second, and I'm invincible.
They might have not released a record since many years ago, and they might have bad sound quality at gigs, but that has nothing to do with the unquestionable, beautiful truth which is in it. After a month of parting, filled with other performers who release good records all the time, I realised this again so vividly. 8)
And the stuff which I was listening to this morning as I thought all this was nothing special - just one of the recent bootlegs, 2007 or 8, a first CD that was at hand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

_emma_ wrote:"not that much", "not those dreary songs", and "not those awful bootlegs again, pleeeaaase"
Dump him :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
lachert
Overbomber

if you want listen more sisters at home tell him:
"give yourself to the dark side. it's the only way you can save your friends." :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
_emma_
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:
_emma_ wrote:"not that much", "not those dreary songs", and "not those awful bootlegs again, pleeeaaase"
Naaah. When he has enough, he'll dump me. This seems to be the way in which this militant sex machine works. :lol:
Silver_Owl
The Don

_emma_ wrote:
markfiend wrote:
Naaah. When he has enough, he'll dump me. This seems to be the way in which this militant sex machine works. :lol:
Get a dog, get an ipod and go for long walks. I find this solution helps in a big way. :wink: ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

I have been dealing with that for over 20 years now. Works quite well. Enough options like home alone, headphone, different room, car, IPod etc...Maybe I am just used to it. :D
"as we walk on the floodland"
christophe
Overbomber

I don't know if I could live like that, I have been for the past 26 years but that is because of my mom (living at home), not because of my partner. it is that freedom that I think is so important in a relationship or am I just 'wrong'? :?
Another Shade of You.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

christophe wrote:I don't know if I could live like that, I have been for the past 26 years but that is because of my mom (living at home), not because of my partner. it is that freedom that I think is so important in a relationship or am I just 'wrong'? :?
The best relationships are built on give and take, and total trust. That and the fact she is always right

Me, I love HighSchool Musical at 7.00am
Goths have feelings too
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Oh, and Floodland, it used to be, but not anymore, most annoying is TC itself... probably over exposure on my part.

Also, -true- i had Floodland playing in my car every day for over a year and eventually got to the stage where i didn't know it was on anymore :oops:
Goths have feelings too
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

paint it black wrote:Me, I love HighSchool Musical at 7.00am
I'm pretty sure you'll go to hell for that. :twisted:
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

What time is it? It's summer time! ;D
Dark
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote:Oh, and Floodland, it used to be, but not anymore, most annoying is TC itself... probably over exposure on my part.
Seconded.. mostly. I will always dance to TC, and enjoy Floodland on occasion, but a year of barely listening to anything but the Sisters, and the frustration of being told what to like about them, has meant that I listen to them quite rarely nowadays.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Hom_Corleone wrote:
_emma_ wrote:
markfiend wrote: Dump him :lol:
Get a dog, get an ipod and go for long walks. I find this solution helps in a big way. :wink: ;D
i've long been aware that, companionship aside, us men are only a few inches of plastic and a couple of batteries away from being obsolete. if he doesn't like the soundtrack to your life then you're better off with HL, a dog, and a rampant rabbit.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
psichonaut
Overbomber

i'm over 10 years i don't listen Floodland, in truth i listened the so0ngs from the bootleg i have, but i don't miss the songs Eldo never plays live
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

dinky daisy wrote: Vision Thing, man...It's worse to listen it twice.
Indeed
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote:Oh, and Floodland, it used to be, but not anymore, most annoying is TC itself...
It's funny, I'm the same way. I, too, made a custom copy of Floodland for my personal enjoyment more than 10 years ago, minus TC. It just wears a bit thin over the years, which is really saying something.
psichonaut
Overbomber

bismarck wrote:
Indeed
i'm lucky ;D
...................................................................................i never had the first time :innocent:
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

psichonaut wrote:
bismarck wrote:
Indeed
i'm lucky ;D
...................................................................................i never had the first time :innocent:
was i drunk? I meant it's worth to listen to it twice.
guns & cars & accidents
psichonaut
Overbomber

dinky daisy wrote:
psichonaut wrote:
bismarck wrote: Indeed
i'm lucky ;D
was i drunk? I meant it's worth to listen to it twice.
dunno...maybe you have to find a new pusher ;D
nickyspecial
Road Kill

It isn't even in the top miilion.
Gimme_The_Ring
Amphetamine Filth

nickyspecial wrote:It isn't even in the top miilion.
Just read your other replies, i see you're a bit of a troll on the side? :innocent:
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Gimme_The_Ring wrote:
nickyspecial wrote:It isn't even in the top miilion.
Just read your other replies, i see you're a bit of a troll on the side? :innocent:
Aye, G_T_R, this nickyspecial needs some special treatment me thinks. :roll:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity