Sisters in new set-list shock

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

the-happening wrote:
bismarck wrote:
RobF wrote: I know a couple of top-end UK promoters who made offers for February, for decent sized London venues (that the Sissies have played before), but only on an ATP style "don't look back" basis, which is seen in the industry as the only way they're going to pull a crowd now.
ATP?
ATP is All tomorrows parties a promoter: "artists perform famous or acclaimed albums in a live setting in album order. Past seasons have included legendary performances from The Stooges (‘Funhouse’), Belle & Sebastian (‘If You're Feeling Sinister’), Gang Of Four (‘Entertainment’), Ennio Morricone (classic film soundtracks), Slint (‘Spiderland’) and Sonic Youth ‘Daydream Nation’.
Oh, I see. Thank you.
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

Can't ever see Von agreeing to that.promoter: "artists perform famous or acclaimed albums in a live setting in album order. Past seasons have included legendary performances from The Stooges (‘Funhouse’), Belle & Sebastian (‘If You're Feeling Sinister’), Gang Of Four (‘Entertainment’), Ennio Morricone (classic film soundtracks), Slint (‘Spiderland’) and Sonic Youth ‘Daydream Nation’.[/quote]

Can't ever see the sisters doing that, especially after Wayne's little bash at SBE earlier in the year!
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth

acclaimed albums in a live setting in album order
How about the new album? :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
nitestorm
Road Kill

But don't forget, "That" date is still not taken
Not as good as Motorhead, but better than The Birthday Party, which makes us pretty damn good.
Ghostrider
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

imo, under the term "older songs they haven't played in a while", most likely are:
Body Electric
heartland
war on drugs
SkoS
good things (keep on playing that, guys)
Logic

with some luck:
body & soul
Valentine
floorshow
lights
Sister ray

i don't sleep, so i don't dream, so i don't wake up frightened...
everything is what it seems, if you look hard enough tonight and see...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

First gig I will visist: Some Girls Wander by Mistake
Second: FALAA album
Third: Floodland (incl. Neverland full version)
Fourth: Vision Thing (inl. YCBTO)
"as we walk on the floodland"
RobF

Bill Hicks wrote:Can't ever see Von agreeing to that.promoter: "artists perform famous or acclaimed albums in a live setting in album order. Past seasons have included legendary performances from The Stooges (‘Funhouse’), Belle & Sebastian (‘If You're Feeling Sinister’), Gang Of Four (‘Entertainment’), Ennio Morricone (classic film soundtracks), Slint (‘Spiderland’) and Sonic Youth ‘Daydream Nation’.
Bill Hicks wrote:Can't ever see the sisters doing that, especially after Wayne's little bash at SBE earlier in the year!
No, I can't either, it's not quite The Sisters somehow. It wasn't ATP themselves who offered. As far as I could gather, it was pitched as "Well the Mish and The Nephs have done it..."

Ouch.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
RobF

Oh, and as far as what oldies I'd actually like them to rehearse...

Adrenochrome
Floorshow
Heartland
Ghostrider
Rain From Heaven
Afterhours
Nine While Nine
Possession
Lucretia
Driven Like The Snow
When You Don't see me
Dr Jeep
I Was Wrong
Train
Blood Money
Under The Gun (Yes)
Gimme Shelter

Not in that order, or all at once, but you know, mixed in wit' new 'uns.

And unfortunately, even though I'm a militant techno fiend, at least half of those are going to sound ruddy awful without a heavily distorted bass guitar on them.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Not all the bass in the last few years has been the Doktor, I'm sure Chris has been wielding a bass on a few songs (Romeo Down for one)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
lachert
Overbomber

romeo, i was wrong and neverland (?)
long live rock'n'roll
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Thanks. :von:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
lachert
Overbomber

i remember adam with bass but chris... not so sure.
long live rock'n'roll
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i remember that Ben was holding bass on "Romeo" and "Never land" at gig in Krakow 2006.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

lachert wrote:i remember adam with bass but chris... not so sure.
Aye, that was what I was thinking about as well.
straycat
Road Kill

lachert wrote:uk... uk... uk... where is poland on that list :?: :!: :lol:
Second that

floccinaucinihilipilificatiousness
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Ozpat wrote:
Maybe it was Ben not Chris then.
—Bertrand Russell
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

markfiend wrote:
Ozpat wrote:
Maybe it was Ben not Chris then.
Trying to remember Paris 06. I Was Wrong....with Ben on bass is my best guess.
lachert
Overbomber

so adam then ben 8) looks that ben was erased from my memory because i was trying not to look at him on gigs these days :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

lachert wrote:so adam then ben 8) looks that ben was erased from my memory because i was trying not to look at him on gigs these days :lol:
Me too. :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Ramone

It's a safe bet if the Sisters do play the U.K it's going to be either just London Town -but now the Astoria is kaput , and the quality of small - medium sized venues is becoming more limited by the day. Or failing that a half filled Rock City and some obscure venues such as Liverpool Academy 2 .No one, in the current climate, is going to risk putting the current line up in a barn of a venue expecting a huge turnout and payoff. The only place that they'd maybe make an impact would be the Brixton Acadamy on the premise that people would travel down/across/over/ to see them.

But the original line up or one involving Hussey, Eldtrich and Marx and possibly a heavily sedated Adams is the only line up that a promoter who even knows or remembers who the Sisters are, would even think about promoting them 'properly'. And hope to actually get their money back!

The Mishun, Nephilim, Siouxsie and even fellow band from 'that era ' such as Spear of Destiny have had to swallow their pride recently and realised they are not the cash cows they used to be.Sadly the only bands who some promoters are willing to gamble on are people who can still command 'arena' status in such places as the USA. Acts such as Depeche Mode, The Cure and the Cult spring to mind. But even then they only wheel themselves out for occasional appearances and gain maximum expose for limited engagements.

A friend of mine, who is what I can only describe as a director of a 'Top end arena promotion company" ( M.E.N, Liverpool Echo Arena etc..) who is from our age group tried in earnest to re-unite the Sisters for some one off shows a few years ago, but he had no 'real' leads to reach Eldritch. We even sat down and discussed the viability of putting the show(s) on, but I warned him off as I felt the time was not quite right at the time. He personally knows Craig on a friendly and professional level, and with my connection to Wayne and judging by his recent comments - if there was any time to see the old line-up , even just for nostalgia's sake , considering the state of their combined careers. I think it would be now.

I think I may try and rekindle his interest once more over a pint.. Ya never know , the stars my be willing to realign one last time. If the price is right!
Last edited by Ramone on 20 Oct 2008, 16:51, edited 2 times in total.
"It was great that Kurt Cobain shot himself when he did..cos without that ,we'd have no Foo Fighters today" :Ramone, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever. November 2008
sultan2075
Overbomber

There's no way Von would go for it.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Great idea, but I just don't think Andrew will do it.

*Edit: Heh, ninja'd
—Bertrand Russell
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Gary maybe? He was asked by Andrew to perform with them in York 2001, right? Think it was at least in the Sonic Seducer interview.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

There is more chance of me being asked to go on stage with :von: than that line up ever getting their groove on ;D

By the way :von: I play a mean triangle :wink:
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth

"Well the Mish and The Nephs have done it..."
'cause that's how to sell it to von :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

He's probably so insulted, he'll never visit the UK again!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: