No news?

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2008/2009 Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.
Big Si
School Bully

LouLou wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:did i miss something? was there more illness after the uk gigs? i refuse to be blamed for this, just cause i shook his hand.(i let the queen shake my hand once and she's doing revoltingly well. :| )
you might like to check out the thread for the thessaloniki gig. :)

shame about the queen btw. better luck next time :wink: :lol: :lol:
I think he means her mum ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Big Si wrote:
I think he means her mum ;D
:lol: :notworthy: :lol: :notworthy: :lol:

well, 1 out of 2 ain't bad at all. it shouldn't take too much practice to improve the, erm, hit ratio...

still, must have been one hell of a handshake ;D
mh
Above the Chemist

Realistically, it's been quite a vile cocktail of diseases and illnesses. That kinda stuff takes time to shake off, and symptoms can flare up even a coupla weeks after one feels back to fighting form. Chris and Ben could probly tough it out, but Von's a skinny b--tard, and not as young as he used to be either. Perfectly natural and normal, in other words.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

maybe it's god telling the old boy to slow down a bit, and retire the pension cabaret show?

I hope he gets well soon.
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Harvey Winston wrote: ... and retire the pension cabaret show?
...retire the pension cabaret show :evil: :evil: :evil: -

Where have you been? :eek:
Go to YouTube and check the videos ... pension cabaret show ... :evil: .

Show me anything that compares to this :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
and with every concert they got better ...

Nothing can change what we are given ... nothing can get lost ...

... apart from one's health which is therefore clearly more important
than the demands and expectations from other people ... insofar, a few
strategic adjustments might be helpful ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i have to agree with Harvey W. Sorry. :kiss:
_emma_
Overbomber

What a cute dog you have!
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Harvey Winston wrote:maybe it's god telling the old boy to slow down a bit, and retire the pension cabaret show?
well, if it was a pension cabaret show i saw in Amsterdam and Leeds, it was a bloody good one! :lol: :lol: :lol:
_emma_
Overbomber

"pension cabaret show", and he can't even enter a pub without being mobbed by a group of attractive young women who are probably all wet in their knickers at the mere sight. :P

Well - I hope they were young and attractive, weren't they? :? :innocent:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:"pension cabaret show", and he can't even enter a pub without being mobbed by a group of attractive young women who are probably all wet in their knickers at the mere sight. :P

Well - I hope they were young and attractive, weren't they? :? :innocent:

i most certainly hope so too... if that's the incentive :von: needs to keep his cabaret show going ;D
_emma_
Overbomber

Speaking of incentives, I think that this is the doctor that he really needs.
(may not be entirely work-safe) ;D
Nadia81
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Despite my previously stated view of touring-Von-old ,bald ,short Von-rocks like a motherf**ker."pension cabaret" my aunt tilda!
Moakahontas

Nadia81 wrote:Despite my previously stated view of touring-Von-old ,bald ,short Von-rocks like a motherf**ker."pension cabaret" my aunt tilda!
:lol:
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

They say the only things to survive the nuclear armageddon will be Lemmy and the cockroach. The cockroach was Eldritch. He'll be fine.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:Speaking of incentives, I think that this is the doctor that he really needs.
(may not be entirely work-safe) ;D
that's your outfit of choice for the beirut gig then? ;D :twisted:

(assuming that you're still going, of course)
_emma_
Overbomber

I don't know if I'm going or not, LouLou. _Going_ there would be easy, it's the _flying_ that keeps putting me off. :lol: For now, I'll be _driving_ to Zagreb and Budapest for sure, but if Mr Eldritch saw me wearing this outfit instead of the model in the picture, I'm afraid it might have the effect totally opposite to the one intended. He would just freak out and get a heart attack while running away in panic, I'm afraid. :lol:
il duce
Amphetamine Filth

So if Von is home sick and taking it easy does that mean that he has time to finish one of all the new albums that will be released later this year?

God, I crack myself up sometimes.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
A shelter from pigs on the wing
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:He would just freak out and get a heart attack while running away in panic, I'm afraid. :lol:
i'm pretty sure that's not true :)

a bit off topic, but i'm curious (mainly because i need to work and i don't want to - which means i need to get my precious few remaining brain cells to focus on other things)...

just what do the band see from the stage anyway? my guess would be "not too much", with all the smoke and lights, but that's far from an educated one. i also seem to recall :von: saying somewhere (maybe it was an interview or a gig one-liner) something along the lines of him being happy he couldn't see the crowd. :?:

ok, back to work you lazy bum! that bleeding paper ain't gonna type itself. :x
Last edited by LouLou on 18 Apr 2009, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

il duce wrote:So if Von is home sick and taking it easy does that mean that he has time to finish one of all the new albums that will be released later this year?

God, I crack myself up sometimes.
in a word, no.

but we can always dream on ;D
Harvey Winston
Amphetamine Filth

I could have chosen my words a little better. I'm unconcerned with the treatment the bombast era gets, and the metal era, but I wish he'd leave the seminal tunes alone. It's only that I love them so much I wish they were treated with a little more respect.

The yardstick I use is seeing Bauhaus at Brixton a couple of years ago. They put on an astounding show. That's why I get a little cross.

:x <- my cross face.
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

Harvey Winston wrote:I could have chosen my words a little better. I'm unconcerned with the treatment the bombast era gets, and the metal era, but I wish he'd leave the seminal tunes alone. It's only that I love them so much I wish they were treated with a little more respect.
i personally have no problem with your wording. i found your "pension cabaret show" description quite funny, i just don't think it applied to the two shows i saw.
Harvey Winston wrote: :x <- my cross face.
aaaah, bless him :lol: :lol: :lol:
LouLou
Slight Overbomber

AdrenaChris wrote:They say the only things to survive the nuclear armageddon will be Lemmy and the cockroach. The cockroach was Eldritch. He'll be fine.
this thread is getting increasingly interesting... first it was :von: the pensioner, now it's :von: the cockroach! :lol: :lol:

i dare not wonder what might come next... :urff:
Moakahontas

LouLou wrote:
AdrenaChris wrote:They say the only things to survive the nuclear armageddon will be Lemmy and the cockroach. The cockroach was Eldritch. He'll be fine.
this thread is getting increasingly interesting... first it was :von: the pensioner, now it's :von: the cockroach! :lol: :lol:

i dare not wonder what might come next... :urff:

..interllectual lovegod :notworthy:
il duce
Amphetamine Filth

Harvey Winston wrote: The yardstick I use is seeing Bauhaus at Brixton a couple of years ago. They put on an astounding show.
Ok, yeah, I was about to defend the boys again, but you are of course absolutely right, compared to that I have nothing to say. Bauhaus was so damn good I am speechless.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
A shelter from pigs on the wing