Facebook fwends

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
James Blast
Banned

Nadia81 wrote:I think anyone who was lucky enough not to have experienced being bullied may have a difficult time imagining how bad it can be.
See, that Iz, that's the bottom line.
Whatcha gonna do when it happens to your wee girl?

I say 'when' because she will be subjected to some form of it, maybe not as extreme as yer man with the blog, but she will receive 'pressure' of some kind.

think on...
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

James Blast wrote:
Nadia81 wrote:I think anyone who was lucky enough not to have experienced being bullied may have a difficult time imagining how bad it can be.
See, that Iz, that's the bottom line.
Whatcha gonna do when it happens to your wee girl?

I say 'when' because she will be subjected to some form of it, maybe not as extreme as yer man with the blog, but she will receive 'pressure' of some kind.

think on...
Very nice to drag my daughter in, but it is of course something to consider. I hope she will/can deal with it and comes out a stronger girl. If not, I will do what all parents do nowadays. Call the police, arrest the bullies, sue the school. :roll:

I will try to teach my girl that bullies are around and existing, and to the best of my knowledge I will teach her the tricks her dad used in his young days to avoid being bullied.

What really will help I think is the fact she'll go to a school in Flanders ;)

And I think I can very well imagine what it might feel like to be bullied, but as I said I never gave people the chance to do it.

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
James Blast
Banned

it's not that clear cut, talk to me on MSN there's no point in washing dirty laundry in public Iz
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
christophe
Overbomber

When I was a small child end first went to school I was a victim of bullies myself. It never went very far but it truly was something that bothered me from the first day of school until the day I left the school 7 years later. When I went to another school I guess the situation was the same but I guess it never bothered me until years later I finally realised that the kids there were doing exactly the same things to me and other students as I was a victim of when I was younger, in fact I was doing them to. And now as I’m working for … 8 years or so, I can’t say the situation has changed at all.
It is called life and this is in the human nature to prove yourself.

But if I look back I can say there was nothing to be done back then, no action could have made me stronger or could have changed the situation for the better.
logically it made me into the person I am now, if I had a different childhood I wouldn’t be me anymore.
A person is made by his own nature of course but also by his parents and family, his friends and foes, his neighbourhood, his teachers, and so on and so on.
How is anyone capable by changing all of that?
Things like columbine happen, they do because we in our parts of the world have the right to make our own life and make choices of our own (that will have drastic effects on the people around us, if we like it or not)
Another Shade of You.
Pista
Cureboi

Has this turned into the "bullying thread" or what?

Never was bullied at school.
Always got on with everyone (even the silly cnuts dressed up in Farah slacks & expensive trainers).
I guess that's why I don't, in turn bully, or beat people up.
Ever! (maybe I'm a hippy......gosh forbid!!!!)

Any chance of getting back on topic?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:People like this make me really, really scared. You cannot support that quote, please Mark? :|
:| I f*cking wrote it. I thought I made that clear.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Now now.

Play nice.
:P
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well yes.

I'm sorry if it scares you Iz but I went through some very dark times at school.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

nobody who wasn't bullied at school can POSSIBLY understand.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:nobody who wasn't bullied at school can POSSIBLY understand.
Quite.
But this was supposed to be a fuzzbag fwends thread not?
:|
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

yes. but 'friends' on facebook can inspire horror and delight, same as any gathering of acquaintances. i've yet to come across any real horror, but there won't be any punches pulled if i do.
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:yes. but 'friends' on facebook can inspire horror and delight, same as any gathering of acquaintances. i've yet to come across any real horror, but there won't be any punches pulled if i do.
I didn't think so.
You're a dude-ess.
;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Apparently the girl who gave me the most grief is now doing some Holy Sh!t in Ireland. LOL! :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Thea
Overbomber

A few people I was at school with have tried to add me, which is odd because they never had any time for me before. Denied denied denied...

The one I *did* add I'm waiting to remove quietly because there's only so many times you can hear about drunkenly beating people up because they looked at you a bit funny :|

On the other hand, I've gotten talking again to people that I'd sort of lost contact with and Farmville is just brilliant :D