Sisters @ ARTmania Festival 2010

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Being645
Above the Chemist

Congrats and well done _emma_ ... :D ...
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

My boss has warned me she can't guarantee me the time off for this one. Mind you, she refused me time off for Beirut and I went anyway :)
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
_emma_
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:My boss has warned me she can't guarantee me the time off for this one.
In such a case, you are going to have to take a sick leave. :D
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:
Andrew S wrote:My boss has warned me she can't guarantee me the time off for this one.
Sadly I'm too nice for that. We're a very small team running a busy centre that would need to shut for the day if not enough of us showed up for work. This also means there's a lot of competition for holiday dates and 2 of us already want that Friday off. My boss is getting pissed off at me for favouring long weekends and the occasional day off for Sisters gigs (rather than take a 2-week family break like everyone else) cos it's harder to keep track of and fit around staff rotas. As far as I'm concerned, being refused time off and consequently missing tour dates is far more stressful to me than 'not getting a proper holiday' :(

Isn't real life a pain! I'm now considering giving up on this one and saving the day(s) for early 2011, but I suspect I'd regret making that decision. Talk some sense into me somebody :lol:
_emma_
Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:Talk some sense into me somebody :lol:
Isn't it a bit too late for this? ;D :D
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Andrew S wrote:
_emma_ wrote:
Sadly I'm too nice for that. We're a very small team running a busy centre that would need to shut for the day if not enough of us showed up for work. This also means there's a lot of competition for holiday dates and 2 of us already want that Friday off. My boss is getting pissed off at me for favouring long weekends and the occasional day off for Sisters gigs (rather than take a 2-week family break like everyone else) cos it's harder to keep track of and fit around staff rotas. As far as I'm concerned, being refused time off and consequently missing tour dates is far more stressful to me than 'not getting a proper holiday' :(

Isn't real life a pain! I'm now considering giving up on this one and saving the day(s) for early 2011, but I suspect I'd regret making that decision. Talk some sense into me somebody :lol:
you have gotta go--life's too short to worry about 2011 :lol:
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:
Andrew S wrote:Talk some sense into me somebody :lol:
Isn't it a bit too late for this? ;D :D
Judging from my previous post, I think I need the sense talked back OUT of me! I've just managed to bore the pants off myself reading it :lol:
damagedone

Fortunately I'll manage to see them,'cause it's my vacation.Second time after Spirit of Burgas 2 years ago :)
Keep Music Evil
Pista
Cureboi

Flights booked.
;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
damagedone

We should talk about a meeting or smth. before the gig.
Keep Music Evil
doulfe
Amphetamine Filth

'ello again! ;D

I'm back with some useful info:

1. There is going to be a Sisters aftershow party. With DJ Ian P. Christ (skeletal remains on HL) and DJ(ane) Ina (Lux Noctis). Exact location & hour TBA.

2a. Having an ARTmania ticket you can visit various museums by paying a 3 lei (approx. 0.7euro) entrance fee. More precisely: For gothic culture lovers :roll: The Brukenthal Museum recommends the exhibition entitled GOTHIC: Gothic Revival Experience vs. Enlightenment Pattern held in the basement of Brukenthal Palace.

2b. Also, free entrance to: 3. This summer seems to be pretty storm-ish. I'd suggest taking a rain coat with you (umbrellas not allowed).

From Bucharest to Sibiu:
I recommend booking in advance the train/bus ticket, especially if you're travelling on the 13th. But I would advise you not to take the train after all. Delays are simply absurd. You can check the bus schedule here (Bucharest - Sibiu) and here (Sibiu - Bucharest). "Dus" means one-way :D . The bus station is called Autogara Militari.
Taxis shouldn't charge more than 1.7 lei/km (approx. 0.4 euro/km) so be careful :wink: . Choose the yellow taxis, check if they have the price written on the front door and make sure the driver turns on the taximeter. (same for Sibiu)

Now...
Is anyone arriving in Bucharest before Friday 13th? ;D
Is anyone still looking for accommodation?
It's a small world and it smells funny Image
Pista
Cureboi

Thanks for that S

I'll carry the wine okay?
:wink: :kiss:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
doulfe
Amphetamine Filth

After Party announced:
Prepare your "Body and Soul" for an outrageous TSOM aftershow party powered by Lux Noctis!!!

Our special guest, DJ Ian P. Christ (Berlin, Germany), is well known for his work with Remembrance Daze, Resurrection, When We Were Young (Official Wave Gotik Treffen Afterparty), DEATH # DISCO, etc. He is also one of the regular DJs for Goth festivals such as: Wave Gotik Treffen (DE), M’era Luna (DE), Castle Party (PL), Judgement Day (AU...), Gothic Pogo (DE), etc

DJ Ian P. Christ & Ina (Lux Noctis) are waiting for you in Flying Time Pub (6 Gheorghe Lazar St., Sibiu) on Aug-13, starting 00:30, to rock the dance floor on the sweet sounds of gothic rock, (post)punk, independent, minimal electronics, new wave, darkwave, coldwave, synthpop, electro, industrial, etc.!

This is a private party!
Free admission for the ARTmania Festival wristband owners only!

And there is going to be another party on Saturday 14th: "Unknown Pleasures" @ Sigi Kultur Cafe (16 Small Square)

The Sisters will be playing at 22:10 EET on Friday. http://www.artmaniafestival.ro/program.html

Anyone willing to have a drink before the gig? In a cafe in Small Square maybe? Atrium Cafe maybe? ;D
It's a small world and it smells funny Image
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

This will be my 100th Sisters gig. (I'm sure you all needed to know that!) :)

The Damage is almost Done! :twisted:
Being645
Above the Chemist

doulfe wrote: Anyone willing to have a drink before the gig? In a cafe in Small Square maybe? Atrium Cafe maybe? ;D
Yess, ;D ... and btw, thanks for all these useful infos ... :notworthy: ...
Pista
Cureboi

Scardwel wrote:This will be my 100th Sisters gig. (I'm sure you all needed to know that!) :)

Yay!

See ya there mister!
;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Sita

ENJOY!!!!! :D

Sooo jealous of all of you who go :cry: :D
lachert
Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:This will be my 100th Sisters gig. (I'm sure you all needed to know that!) :)

Simon congrats and have a blast one. it was nice to see you last time and famous Uncle Sisters too 8)
long live rock'n'roll
_emma_
Overbomber

And now some Sisters-related trivia from Romania:
I enter the hotel after the exhausting trip from Germany, I put my suitcase on the floor and switch on the TV and what do I see?
On local MTV there is a programme about Artmania festival and they are talking about The Sisters and TOL starts playing. 8)
And the hotel room has a well-equipped mini bar. 8) :notworthy:

Oh I'm sooo looking forward to this last gig, I hope it will be as good as the previous 3.
Honestly I'm not the person who should say this, because I'm all against having expectations and voicing judgements and I hate it when people (fans) think that they have every right to assess their idols and that their assessment matters... and of course my love for The Sisters is unconditional as I've mentioned many times before ;D
but it has to be said now, I have to admit that, wow, they are in such great form that it's frightening and kinda unbelievable. :von: 8) On those three gigs Eldritch was in full rock star mode, as I haven't seen him in years. It's a great feeling to see and hear him like this. 8)

Not that it matters so much of course, but.... jeesus, wow! :D 8)
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

You go girl! :notworthy:

Have a great time Emma, me so jealous...
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

to all who have travelled over there: :notworthy: :notworthy:

hope it's another f**king stormer ;D :von:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Being645
Above the Chemist

_emma_ wrote:And now some Sisters-related trivia from Romania:
I enter the hotel after the exhausting trip from Germany, I put my suitcase on the floor and switch on the TV and what do I see?
On local MTV there is a programme about Artmania festival and they are talking about The Sisters and TOL starts playing. 8)
And the hotel room has a well-equipped mini bar. 8) :notworthy:

Oh I'm sooo looking forward to this last gig, I hope it will be as good as the previous 3.
Honestly I'm not the person who should say this, because I'm all against having expectations and voicing judgements and I hate it when people (fans) think that they have every right to assess their idols and that their assessment matters... and of course my love for The Sisters is unconditional as I've mentioned many times before ;D
but it has to be said now, I have to admit that, wow, they are in such great form that it's frightening and kinda unbelievable. :von: 8) On those three gigs Eldritch was in full rock star mode, as I haven't seen him in years. It's a great feeling to see and hear him like this. 8)

;D ;D ;D ... you make me happy by expressing it so perfectly ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

looking forward with pleasure to meeting you ... :D ... and as many other HLs as will be there as well ... of course!

*... seems the Heartland effect is slowly taking over me ... ... ;D ...
Sita

_emma_ wrote:but it has to be said now, I have to admit that, wow, they are in such great form that it's frightening and kinda unbelievable. :von: 8) On those three gigs Eldritch was in full rock star mode, as I haven't seen him in years. It's a great feeling to see and hear him like this. 8)

Oh yes IT DOES matter much!!! :D

But I know what you mean - my love is unconditional too. But don't you worry, Andrew is yours. I already promised Bryan Ferry... I wish... :lol:

I don't know what it is but the guitar boys are in great form too, aren't they? On the classics, I think they capture that certain feeling so well.

By the way your stories are nice, read the one from Belgium too.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

already then :eek: