Tour in 2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Back in time
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DocSommer wrote:
Thanks - I personally don't feel the need to enter any kind of moshpit during a sisters concert. I love the music but it's nothin what I consider "heavy" enough. As a matter of fact the sisters sounds more like industrial flavoured "easy listening" with electric guitars to me :lol:
A voice of reason.
Lord, what can the harvest hope for, if not for the care of the reaper man.
lachert
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:one of the original (first I ever witnessed) and best:
Anthrax ~ Gung Ho - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jAeZCUB ... re=related
yeah, mosh is © by scott/milano me think.
James, so that diving guy with glasses at the end, is you??? :eek: :lol: :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
Holly_DelRey

DocSommer wrote: Thanks - I personally don't feel the need to enter any kind of moshpit during a sisters concert. I love the music but it's nothin what I consider "heavy" enough. As a matter of fact the sisters sounds more like industrial flavoured "easy listening" with electric guitars to me :lol:
Agree. 8)
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
RobF

...we have the slight problem that if our paramount leader doesn't see a suitable amount of the bouncing/moshing/pyramidadoodling that many seem to object to, he gets a right cob on, beggars off into the smoke and we see/hear hyde nor hair of him for the rest of the gig.
"...by the time I get to Arizona..."
Drenchrom

I think nearly every Sisters gig that i've seen over the last 20 years has had a sizeable moshing/bouncing etc. I always used to stay well away but once you get to know everybody it's fine. Except New York where everyone stood like statues. There were pockets of resistance, apart from me and my other half, i believe Mr Fakes was having a go, along with Spencer.

Matt..
Sita

Isn't there some room between smashing each others teeth, and dancing and jumping a bit? The latter is not really a problem to anybody, is it?
Holly_DelRey

Sita wrote:Isn't there some room between smashing each others teeth, and dancing and jumping a bit? The latter is not really a problem to anybody, is it?
Nope. I shall be bouncing about at my first (maybe) Sisters gig 8)
🇨🇦 🔁 🇺🇲
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Smashing each other's teeth is never deliberate - the moshers look very well after each other - and what might look like violence to "outsiders" is mere dancing and bouncing to those involved directly. I'll even be as harsh as to say that who can't survive in or around a moshpit should either try to get to the frontrow (in time! Not squeezing in when it's already packed!) and hold on to the barriers for dear life (as I do most of the time) or stand at the side and/or back. Contrary to popular belief the band can actually be seen and heard from a position at the back.
You can't fix stupid.
jande

I was in the pit at Leamington, the first time since the NEC gigs yonks ago, and found it to be much the same as it ever was. Yes you get pushed around a bit, might get a few bruises and ache a bit for the next day or so but if you end up on the floor someone will always pull you you back up, unlike at some of the metal gigs I went to in the 80's.
I for one thoroughly enjoyed myself and wondered why I hadn't been down the front for so long, then realised it was because I didn't have the bread-knife with me, I'd left her back at the hotel with the kids. :lol:
Say!
In the dark? Here in the dark!
Would you, could you, in the dark?
czuczu
Overbomber

Eva wrote:Contrary to popular belief the band can actually be seen and heard from a position at the back.
Who did you hear that from? ;D
RobF

Drenchrom wrote:I think nearly every Sisters gig that i've seen over the last 20 years has had a sizeable moshing/bouncing etc. I always used to stay well away but once you get to know everybody it's fine. Except New York where everyone stood like statues. There were pockets of resistance, apart from me and my other half, i believe Mr Fakes was having a go, along with Spencer.

Matt..
to be fair to the NY folk, I don't remember it being a top-notch performance. Difficult to recall now. As the other gig I popped to out there was Pig Destroyer and Wolf Eyes at the Knitting Factory, I don't think any amount of livelyness at the Sisters would have lived up to the rest of the week.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

went to see bauhaus at nyc a couple of years ago... no pit bot lots of elaborate dancing on the spot... :lol:

you've never seen to many dodgy yank goff girls waving their arms around, spinning about and trying their best to look like ballet dancers from hell ;D :lol:

despite all that however, the band were ace :D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Sita

Eva wrote:Smashing each other's teeth is never deliberate - the moshers look very well after each other - and what might look like violence to "outsiders" is mere dancing and bouncing to those involved directly. I'll even be as harsh as to say that who can't survive in or around a moshpit should either try to get to the frontrow (in time! Not squeezing in when it's already packed!) and hold on to the barriers for dear life (as I do most of the time) or stand at the side and/or back. Contrary to popular belief the band can actually be seen and heard from a position at the back.
You are right, I agree wholeheartedly. I go to punk, wave, metal and pop concerts since I was 14, and I never had any negative experience ever. I always thought the most dangerous thing at concerts were ciggies, and stiletto heels :urff:
Oh and of course there is always one person so seriously s**t faced that you better stay away from them (because they might puke over you) and there is always one nutter behind you. At the 2nd night Iggy Pop concert in London recently, this girl who was even smaller than me wanted to squeeze in before me when there really was no room, so she kept pulling my hair and screaming "bitch" and "c**t" in my ear the whole night. From all the hair pulling, I couldn't move my neck for another 4 days :urff: :roll: :wink:
RobF

czuczu wrote:
Eva wrote:Contrary to popular belief the band can actually be seen and heard from a position at the back.
I wandered upstairs to find a friend at the last Kentish Town do, it's very odd sitting with people at the back quietly drinking and looking at the Sisters...all the way over there... Sounded perfectly clear though, stayed up there for most of Dominion and people were waving there arms around and singing. I find the whole balcony thing really alien, I was stuck upstairs for an Orbital show last year and it near drove me spare.
James Blast
Banned

Quiff Boy wrote:went to see bauhaus at nyc a couple of years ago... no pit bot lots of elaborate dancing on the spot... :lol:

you've never seen to many dodgy yank goff girls waving their arms around, spinning about and trying their best to look like ballet dancers from hell ;D :lol:

despite all that however, the band were ace :D
Bauhaus are allas ace :D
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Eva

czuczu wrote:
That's my own personal experience in South America 2009. :wink:
You can't fix stupid.
Eva

Sita wrote:At the 2nd night Iggy Pop concert in London recently, this girl who was even smaller than me wanted to squeeze in before me when there really was no room, so she kept pulling my hair and screaming "bitch" and "c**t" in my ear the whole night. From all the hair pulling, I couldn't move my neck for another 4 days :urff: :roll: :wink:
Oh yes, that sounds familiar. I had a tiny girl of that sort at the Sisters gig in Helsinki 2006. When I didn't let her in because she bloody turned up too late, she bit me violently in my arm. I had a bruise the size of my hand for a few days... :urff:
You can't fix stupid.
Eva

RobF wrote:I find the whole balcony thing really alien, I was stuck upstairs for an Orbital show last year and it near drove me spare.
Well, if I have to choose between queueing with the locals for 11(!) hours (Sao Paulo) just to maybe get to the frontrow and a relaxed day and evening watching The Sisters from the back of the venue I'll go for the latter and enjoy the fantastic lightshow. Needless to say that in an ideal world I do have my space in the frontrow and a lively moshpit behind me. :wink:
You can't fix stupid.
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Eva wrote:Smashing each other's teeth is never deliberate - the moshers look very well after each other - and what might look like violence to "outsiders" is mere dancing and bouncing to those involved directly. I'll even be as harsh as to say that who can't survive in or around a moshpit should either try to get to the frontrow (in time! Not squeezing in when it's already packed!) and hold on to the barriers for dear life (as I do most of the time) or stand at the side and/or back. Contrary to popular belief the band can actually be seen and heard from a position at the back.
Never tried the whole seeing and hearing the band from the back myself. And contrary to popular belief ...even people in a wheelchair can enjoy the gig.. front row. If you can get rid of your chair, can stand for 2 hrs straight and have like the minimum 18" upper arms..*LOL*
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Eva wrote:
Sita wrote:At the 2nd night Iggy Pop concert in London recently, this girl who was even smaller than me wanted to squeeze in before me when there really was no room, so she kept pulling my hair and screaming "bitch" and "c**t" in my ear the whole night. From all the hair pulling, I couldn't move my neck for another 4 days :urff: :roll: :wink:
Oh yes, that sounds familiar. I had a tiny girl of that sort at the Sisters gig in Helsinki 2006. When I didn't let her in because she bloody turned up too late, she bit me violently in my arm. I had a bruise the size of my hand for a few days... :urff:
At the 20th Anniversary gig in York I was bothered by an extremely drunk woman trying to push past me and get to the stage. Not being a gentleman in any way, shape or form, I naturally held my ground and she moved on.
It was only afterwards that I identified her as Von's girlfriend! :lol:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Sita

Erudite wrote:
Eva wrote:
At the 20th Anniversary gig in York I was bothered by an extremely drunk woman trying to push past me and get to the stage. Not being a gentleman in any way, shape or form, I naturally held my ground and she moved on.
It was only afterwards that I identified her as Von's girlfriend! :lol:
Girls, eh... :lol:

PS don't believe Erudite - he is absolutely a gentleman :wink:
Andy Christ 666
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

DasPerltAber wrote:Never tried the whole seeing and hearing the band from the back myself. And contrary to popular belief ...even people in a wheelchair can enjoy the gig.. front row. If you can get rid of your chair, can stand for 2 hrs straight and have like the minimum 18" upper arms..*LOL*
Yep, it is possible, as long as you have the barrier to hang on to it's not too bad, I've done the past few Sisters, Meteors and Motorhead gigs like that,
it can take its toll the next day unfortunatly.
The last gig I went to though was Slayer in Brum, went in my chair and watched from the balcony, one of the best gigs I've been to, had a great view,
the sound was excellent and I did'nt get clobbered in what was the largest mosh pit I've ever seen, it looked brutal.:eek:
I was more than happy to look on at people being slung around like ragdolls. :lol:
Do I Look Like A People Person?
Sita

Oh, I have even met people who brought their wheel chairs to the 1st row, I especially recall at a Cramps gig.

Really! I would have liked to have seen that in Brum (from the balcony :lol:). Slayer was extremely tame in Munich recently. Politest crowd I've seen. Everyone swooshing and swirling their hair around, so there was even some very appreciated air ventilation.
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Sita wrote:
PS don't believe Erudite - he is absolutely a gentleman :wink:
Years of a carefully constructed online persona destroyed in a single post. :innocent: :lol:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

DasPerltAber wrote: Never tried the whole seeing and hearing the band from the back myself. And contrary to popular belief ...even people in a wheelchair can enjoy the gig.. front row. If you can get rid of your chair, can stand for 2 hrs straight and have like the minimum 18" upper arms..*LOL*
... and having me protect you from those large local boys! although thank the stars for your upper arms, helped me before i went flying! :notworthy:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity