Your favourite moment in any Sisters song

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
mh
Above the Chemist

Somebody mentioned Alice so I think I also need to vote for the start of Phantom, where it kicks off just like Floorshow and you're wondering what the hell's going on.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Oddly, I love it when Von says "So glad to find you here" and "Don't need to understand" in YCBTO. Croonyesque rock. I like it.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
psichonaut
Overbomber

i go mad for the drum intro on Knocking on heaven's door in RAH 85 gig
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
radiojamaica
Overbomber

psichonaut wrote:i go mad for the drum intro on Knocking on heaven's door in RAH 85 gig
Oh yes, me too 8) :notworthy:
in dub we trust
GC
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:Somebody mentioned Alice so I think I also need to vote for the start of Phantom, where it kicks off just like Floorshow and you're wondering what the hell's going on.
Yep the start of Phantom always confuses me.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Gollum's Cock wrote:
mh wrote:Somebody mentioned Alice so I think I also need to vote for the start of Phantom, where it kicks off just like Floorshow and you're wondering what the hell's going on.
Yep the start of Phantom always confuses me.
It confused quite a few club DJs back in t'day too :roll: :oops:
The number of times we beat a path to a crowded Phono/Warehouse dancefloor hoping to turkey-trot to Floorshow only to find out that they'd simply put on the wrong side of Anaconda and we'd be marooned out there for a hideously embarrassing couple of minutes before the DJ thought he/she could fade it out without it being too embarrassing for all concerned ... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Not a complete list:

RAH 85 in Amphetamin Logic the way Andrew sings „Hit up, Steel in hand, Lit up…�

Driven Like The Snow 05:35 – 05:39

The atmosphere of entire Black Planet.

Temple Of Love (92) drums

Under the gun (the way he wispers)..."but you can't hold it like a ... "
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
aims
Overbomber

The live version of Temple of Love...when it ends.

Two excellent studio versions, don't understand why :von: even bothers with the live one. Doesn't hold a candle to the original recording.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

to save me thinking my way through all of the sisters songs, i'll quote this from elsewhere about "heartland"
Quiff Boy wrote:"then the little guitar goes all high - oooh I love that bit!"

thats my fave bit too 8) ;D :lol:
ditto. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
mailia
Road Kill

The guitars in the final part of extended Lucretia - of all times (I adore this lullaby).
Flood II intro when Eldo says: And her hallway..Moves, Like the ocean..Moves ..... - right now :D