Any thoughts on Ched Evans?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

there is a petition for UK dwellers
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

emilystrange wrote:there is a petition for UK dwellers
Done.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Alex66 wrote:
Done.
Me too
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

I may have utilised my mum's address & a proxy server to sign it ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Swinnow wrote:Try this...

https://youtu.be/pZwvrxVavnQ
:notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Swinnow wrote:Try this...

https://youtu.be/pZwvrxVavnQ
Really a nice one. :notworthy:
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

You're all fucking barking.

Take a measured view.

10 myths busted about the Ched Evans case
markfiend wrote:Although he has been found not guilty, I still think he's a dirty fucking rapist.
Really?

Good to see that HL hasn't moved on from Salem 1692.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

OK so sticking your dick in someone without even asking is perfectly fine in your mind?
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

1. So Ched Evans has been proved innocent, right?

Wrong.
Go figure.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:Good to see that HL hasn't moved on from Salem 1692.
Take a measured view yourself.

On this thread we've hanged 19 people, pressed one to death and let another five die in prison, whereas at Salem a few people criticised Ched Evans's sexual conduct and suggested that in this instance the British legal system got things wrong.

Oh wait, I've got that the wrong way round haven't I?
—Bertrand Russell
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote: On this thread we've hanged 19 people, pressed one to death and let another five die in prison...
We haven't...but I think it would lend some much-needed gravitas, really cement our position as the premier forum for Sisters chat if we were to do so. Let those other less-serious fora ban or sanction users - don't you want to be part of a forum that crushes miscreants under rocks for a first offence? Me, I'd be all for it. So long as I'm on the judging panel, not in the dock :lol:
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

markfiend wrote:Take a measured view yourself.
I do. I appreciate that you're now Admin, but I can't ever remember Barry posting such strong, personally held opinions as you do. I thought the idea was to moderate and keep the balance.
markfiend wrote:Oh wait, I've got that the wrong way round haven't I?
Not really. But yes. I received an unsolicited PM from a former poster (who obviously still reads from afar) tonight, who I haven't spoken to in years...
No getting through to these people John, many have tried, failed, been flamed and subsequently left.

I still remember everyone making jokes about the beaching of a whale, maybe the good old days are a fallacy.
I tend to agree with her.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

At this point I'm deeply suspicious of anyone still supporting Ched Evans. The idea that women have agency beyond male control seems deeply threatening to some men. I wonder why?
—Bertrand Russell
Mav787
One life, all I need

markfiend wrote:At this point I'm deeply suspicious of anyone still supporting Ched Evans. The idea that women have agency beyond male control seems deeply threatening to some men. I wonder why?
I hate the way that this forum has gone in recent days. Why is everything have to be about taking sides? One time there was even handed discussion on here but no more.

I also received 2 PMs from people similar in sentiment to the one Johnny received.

I'm sorry but I'm exhausted by all this so I'm leaving this website for the foreseeable future.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Step back a step Mark...

Do you think the Admin of a forum should be espousing his personal views? Bearing in mind that most forum users see the word of Admin as God?
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

yes, i do. because admins are members too.
and if anyone on here sees Admins as Gods, then honestly... we're mostly well over 40 and we've sense enough not to do that.

taking sides in a discussion is perfectly normal, i thought. you can't have a discussion without it.

i'm sure that if most people reported sexual misconduct then had their irrelevant sex lives dragged through the courts as evidence, they would be horrified. and wish they hadn't reported it. probably advise others not to.

somewhat of a problem.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:Step back a step Mark...

Do you think the Admin of a forum should be espousing his personal views? Bearing in mind that most forum users see the word of Admin as God?
I always thought the words Mark typed in red were Admin/Moderator remarks, and the words he typed in black (or just "not red" if you're using a different theme) were his personal opinions. That's always made it very easy for everyone to differentiate when he was writing as an admin/mod and when as a forum member.

Given that he hasn't used, or threatened to use, any of his admin privileges in this thread then I think it's unfair to try to use his admin-status to try to silence his personal opinion.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Johnny Rev 7.0 wrote:I appreciate that you're now Admin, but I can't ever remember Barry posting such strong, personally held opinions as you do. I thought the idea was to moderate and keep the balance.
Translation: "I have no cogent arguments against what you say, so I'll attack your right to say it."
—Bertrand Russell
Silver_Owl
The Don

Mav787 wrote:
markfiend wrote:At this point I'm deeply suspicious of anyone still supporting Ched Evans. The idea that women have agency beyond male control seems deeply threatening to some men. I wonder why?
I hate the way that this forum has gone in recent days. Why is everything have to be about taking sides? One time there was even handed discussion on here but no more.

I also received 2 PMs from people similar in sentiment to the one Johnny received.

I'm sorry but I'm exhausted by all this so I'm leaving this website for the foreseeable future.
Absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe I'm reading these comments. What ever happened to reasonable argument?
Mark is as entitled (not more - not less) to his opinions.
Why the dramatics about leaving?

Madness. :?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

markfiend wrote:Translation: "I have no cogent arguments against what you say, so I'll attack your right to say it."
Or maybe, I know you in real life?

Maybe I care about you?

Maybe I don't understand why you're reacting the way you are?

Communication is a wonderful thing.

Consider me and Mav, and Iesus, gone from the FPL section.

You might choose to delete it.
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Mav787
One life, all I need

Hom_Corleone wrote:
Mav787 wrote:

Absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe I'm reading these comments. What ever happened to reasonable argument?
Mark is as entitled (not more - not less) to his opinions.
Why the dramatics about leaving?

Madness. :?
I'm leaving because of an accumulation of things.

I've never questioned Mark's role as an admin or his right to post his opinions. But this remark seems quite nasty to me,
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

Hom_Corleone wrote:Absolutely ridiculous.
Wow! It crawled out from under its rock...
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Silver_Owl
The Don

It doesn't seem threatening to me. It sounds like an opinion. I might not agree with it. But it doesn't make me want to leave the forum.
He's not stating his opinion in an official capacity or threatening you if being banned if you don't agree.

I understand your frustration in other threads regarding Wayne.
Still - I ask you to take some time out.
No need to leave as I see it. :)
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

we might choose to shut down the FPL section just because you're leaving it? why on earth would that need to happen?