THE SISTERS OF MERCY 2016 !!!

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2016
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

euphoria wrote:Although, thinking about it (sorry about that, Chris)...South America and USA don't sound much like his other bands, do they? :innocent: ;D
Well it won't be the Eureka's as they are on a break with some of them having new babies, though he does to guitar tech work for others so it could be he's teching for someone.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

paint it black wrote:
Bartek wrote:My money would go on cruise ship on Black Sea.
I'm hearing a tour of Northern working mans comedy clubs is in the pipeline... there won't be a dry ice in the house
Hilarious!

What well certain about Chiris' list is: Europe, and again Europe, USA is only TBC so it's nothing worth holding breath, I guess that March(ing) tour will decide.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Bartek wrote: What well certain about Chiris' list is: Europe, and again Europe, USA is only TBC so it's nothing worth holding breath, I guess that March(ing) tour will decide.
Yep, the first two Europes are already Sisters confirmed, and UK/Japan are the Wildhearts. Remains for wild guesses: South America, TBC-USA, and third Europe.
Depprocksfarfar

As soon as i complain, they update, so here is my complain: NO UPDATE!?!? THE PROMISED!! THEY LIED!?! THEY ARE NOT GOING TO DO ANY MORE GIGS!!? TYPICAL GOTHS!!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

euphoria wrote:
Bartek wrote: What well certain about Chiris' list is: Europe, and again Europe, USA is only TBC so it's nothing worth holding breath, I guess that March(ing) tour will decide.
Yep, the first two Europes are already Sisters confirmed, and UK/Japan are the Wildhearts. Remains for wild guesses: South America, TBC-USA, and third Europe.
From that list South America seems like more possible for TSOM - bands with some expirience seems to be welcome there as much as in Eastern Europe nowadays. :wink:
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

ah please give us some clues..i hate it that they never take into consideration our schedules when booking ;D
Being645
Wiki Wizard

sziamiau wrote:ah please give us some clues..i hate it that they never take into consideration our schedules when booking ;D
Fully seconded!
The Sisters on Twitter wrote: Finally, more Sisters gigs for 2016 to be announced very soon. #Incoming
How soon is "very soon" in Sisters calculation of times? ... :innocent: ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Distance/time = #incoming
Goths have feelings too
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Frankfurt gig on March 16 is now sold out according to venue (just retweeted on the Sisters Twitter account)

https://twitter.com/fkpscorpio/status/7 ... 5214356480
Depprocksfarfar

The upcoming "very soon" Sisters dates must (without a doubt) be their best kept secret in over 20 years. Not a single date has "leaked". The first time ever. Very strange indeed. :eek:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:My money would go on cruise ship on Black Sea.
Not a chance - people would be accusing him of being a goth if he did that. Yellow and Red Seas much more likely.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Taking a fact that AE mumbles, so there's almost no chance to recognize words of lyrics that he's singing, I think that Dead Sea and announcing dramatic change of style: TSOM in now death metal band, is likely.
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Bartek wrote:Taking a fact that AE mumbles, so there's almost no chance to recognize words of lyrics that he's singing, I think that Dead Sea and announcing dramatic change of style: TSOM in now death metal band, is likely.
This 'mumbling' talk is rather unfair regarding that he has not mumbled in the past few years. That’s a fact.
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

Joy wrote:
Bartek wrote:Taking a fact that AE mumbles, so there's almost no chance to recognize words of lyrics that he's singing, I think that Dead Sea and announcing dramatic change of style: TSOM in now death metal band, is likely.
This 'mumbling' talk is rather unfair regarding that he has not mumbled in the past few years. That’s a fact.
Fully seconded ... another fact is, though, that if people don't wanna show a certain respect towards you, they just don't do so, no matter whatever you might do and regardless of any wonderful achievements ... and after x decades those righteous will always come up with the little flower on the lawn you had perhaps accidentially stepped on as one of the worst crimes in humanity ...
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I agree with the ladies above

The accusation of mumbling is unjust. I find the vocals so indistinct I can't tell if he is mumbling or not
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Being645
Wiki Wizard

million voices wrote:I agree with the ladies above

The accusation of mumbling is unjust. I find the vocals so indistinct I can't tell if he is mumbling or not
Go listen to the recent recordings available in the Sharing Section ... :P :lol: ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

million voices wrote:I agree with the ladies above

:notworthy:

@Sabine and Joy: last time when I had chance to listen AE live he was mumbling, it was 2014. Not during whole gig, to be fair, he sung fairly good (as for him) during first 2,5 songs. You may have been at gigs where he was in better shape. I'm not taking your right to have different opinion. Yet, some people here seems to have the same opinion as I. End of story.
Last edited by Bartek on 25 Feb 2016, 20:24, edited 2 times in total.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Joy wrote:
Agreed :D

He's replaced it with shouting, handing over to random singers and best of all extended instrumental sections :urff:
Goths have feelings too
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:
Joy wrote:
Agreed :D

He's replaced it with shouting, handing over to random singers and best of all extended instrumental sections :urff:
:lol: Plus a bit of barking, rasping, yelping, and getting Chris to sing the boring bits. Definitely better at the 2015 gigs, but had a sense it couldn't last...
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:For those of you not using Twitter:
The Sisters on Twitter wrote: The last remaining 2015 tour shirts are on the Sisters webstore now. Very few left, so don't hang around.

Also on the shop are all the classics - Alice, Reptile House, MR, Marry Me Young etc. Plus workshirts, tote bags... http://bit.ly/1uIzDfS

Finally, more Sisters gigs for 2016 to be announced very soon. #Incoming
Hmmm.... nine days later, "very soon" must mean something different to Chris.
Depprocksfarfar

Well, thats what is was trying fishing for. NO date has leaked for the first time since the beginning of internet. So this "tour" or what it is, is probably just in the works and Chris beeing just a little to much enthusiastic about it. And that's of course a good thing, but "very soon" it ain't.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Depprocksfarfar wrote:So this "tour" or what it is, is probably just in the works and Chris beeing just a little to much enthusiastic about it.
I believe so too. It seems, reading into the tweet we shouldn't read anything into, that they are at least planning to do some kind of world tour this year. This may or may not be the final result...
mh
Above the Chemist

These things are also dependent on promoters/etc. So we shouldn't be so quick to jump on the band if "very soon" turns out to be "actually a bit later".
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Usually, when someone, at some circumstance, says that something will happen "very soon" it means, that information that is going to revealed is almost certain (like 99,965%).
But of course in TSOM universe time is counting a differently, so nervous reactions are needless.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:These things are also dependent on promoters/etc. So we shouldn't be so quick to jump on the band if "very soon" turns out to be "actually a bit later".
Absolutely. For example, ending up with "only" a bunch of European dates in a few weeks wouldn't necessarily mean that it was what they planned to do from the beginning. I personally think it's likely they are trying (once again) all they can to put together a US tour right now, but it's not certain at all that it's going to work, so who knows what we will end up with.