Brexit?

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

million voices wrote:Can you explain this further? I do not understand what you are trying to say of Prussia's only ally.
It was a bit unfair, to suggest that UK betrey Prussia. It's true that UK at the point was the only ally of Prussia.

What i meant was that UK did not fulfill obligation of military suport, however they support Prussia finiancialy, but even that was drastically cut; yet there was some sort (not always documented) dipolmatic support.

But to be true: all that diplomatic, defence treaties are worth less than paper on which it was wrote; almost every time guarantee of military support were fulfilled when it was for the benefit of country-defender-part-of-treaty. But when in '39 some countires decided to do not more that declare war, as we all know it helped to start a happy and innocent six years for the Europe and world.

Anyhow, since it's ceratin that your government should start procedure of exiting from UE, it's all doesn't matter.
Populist in Europe are cheering. Russia is happy. I may also strikes back and blows up in UK face; that only Wales will stay in UK.

Enjoy your "freedom".

God save the Queen; etc.

But since here almost every Brits were for "remain", my condolences for you. You have odd countrymen.

We live in interesting times.
Last edited by Bartek on 24 Jun 2016, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.
GC
Slight Overbomber

And what about Wales v N.ireland on Saturday.....how is Brexit going to effect the outcome. That's whats worrying me.
iesus
Overbomber

Gollum's Cock wrote:And what about Wales v N.ireland on Saturday.....how is Brexit going to effect the outcome. That's whats worrying me.
How can this happen? :?
Only case is the players that supported remain from N.Ireland or Wales lightly in psychology.

*Edit-But i suppose they will pass through it with the help of some beers :urff:

*Edit2-Imagine the Scotish. They vote to stay in the UK. All the others except them (N.I., Wales, England) went to Euro and now they are thrown away from EU even if they wanted to stay :roll:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

what a complete and utter diaster. i hope all those of you who argued against remain for the sake of arguing are happy to see our country spiral into darkness. i'd hate to think that you might suddenly have realised how big this actually was.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Disaster is the right word.

Cameron is now definitely #WorseThanThatcher - he gambled the whole country on this referendum, and lost.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

markfiend wrote:Disaster is the right word.

Cameron is now definitely #WorseThanThatcher - he gambled the whole country on this referendum, and lost.
And look he's run away from the consequences of his actions, the bloke was obviously tutored beyond his intelligence level. Then what do you expect from someone who instead of pointing out a vision for the country or some social ill he wanted to put right instead said "I think I will be good at it" well he's probably going down as the most f**king useless PM ever.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
Silver_Owl
The Don

I can't stop visualising this as the future...

We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Calm brothers and sisters. It can't be such a disaster, there must be something come out of it that is good :|
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

iesus wrote:Calm brothers and sisters. It can't be such a disaster, there must be something come out of it that is good :|
Only black passport covers as far as I can tell
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Pista wrote:
iesus wrote:Calm brothers and sisters. It can't be such a disaster, there must be something come out of it that is good :|
So... Gothic passports? :von:

I've gotten quite a bit out of this discussion. I did not expect this outcome.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Yes, "sovereignty", except there are coporations. Standing alone is always beter than facing counteparter united.
Pista
Cureboi

sultan2075 wrote:
Pista wrote:
So... Gothic passports? :von:

I've gotten quite a bit out of this discussion. I did not expect this outcome.
It was always going to be a close run thing, but some of the post vote interviews are quite alarming.
I am reading accounts of people who voted leave who are saying that they never thought the UK would leave. Seriously people. WTF?
There also appears to be a heck of a lot of the older voters who wanted out & so have effectively shafted the younger generation right royally.
Still pretty shell shocked here tbh. :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

markfiend wrote: Cameron is now definitely #WorseThanThatcher - he gambled the whole country on this referendum, and lost.
That's pretty unfair. He held a referendum he didn't really want in order to allow the people to make a democratic vote. I'm no supporter of Cameron, but he's done that rare thing of a government following the will of the people instead of telling them what to do. And you can hardly blame him for the way they voted.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Pista wrote:
Lots more jobs for lawyers as they draft new contracts and treaties.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Oh, and Farage out of a job. :D
Pista
Cureboi

stufarq wrote:Oh, and Farage out of a job. :D
Silver linings eh? ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Well if Trump elected will get :von: to do a new album then Brexit surely must bring a new single. Looking on the bright side.... :cry:
The Chancer Corporation
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Brexit have already said their propaganda declaring that 350 million a year previously paid to europe would be spent on the NHS is flawed, ie a LIE. the markets are crashing and burning. we are highly likely to end up with BoJo as PM. Labour peers have tabled a motion of no confidence in Corbyn so they're going to be even more fractious than at the last election. i fail to see a silver lining.

as for the people who -unbelievably- voted leave but are now regretting it (plenty of these it seems): "Too Late you wankers!".
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

abridged wrote:Well if Trump elected will get :von: to do a new album then Brexit surely must bring a new single. Looking on the bright side.... :cry:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :urff:

Don't start that, my good man! Apologies to :von:, but there's no "bright side" to Drumpf getting elected. Canada won't have us!

Dunno what to say to you lot. I suspect you won't be alone for long...
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Looks like Ill be going home so to speak; http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... is-certain
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Yup, it's hard to blame people for that, over 72% frequention - that can't be taken that nothing was done.
But it's just yet another proof how easy is to manipulate people or how popular is populism (sic!).
eotunun
Overbomber

David Cameron will go down in history as the man who out off sheer dumbness and weakness of character gave way for the destruction of the United Kingdom.
My bet is on a scottish Brexit from Britain, and I guess some others will follow.
England will end up a ruined spot on the European outskirts after all.
It is really impressing to see what damage uninformed people can do if they follow selfish looneys like Farage and BoJo. My one hope is that this will cure the naive cheering for right wingers like Gemany's AfD or Le Pen's den.

Never in life would I have thought Britains would be so stupid and vote exit. I am still recovering from the shock.

Spot what's odd: Jo Cox murdered, Farage and BoJo allive and kicking.
SINsister wrote:
abridged wrote:Well if Trump elected will get :von: to do a new album then Brexit surely must bring a new single. Looking on the bright side.... :cry:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :urff:

Don't start that, my good man! Apologies to :von:, but there's no "bright side" to Drumpf getting elected. Canada won't have us!

Dunno what to say to you lot. I suspect you won't be alone for long...
ConExit? Conetticut could quit the USA? ;D
There is shadow under this red rock
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Alex66 wrote:
Looks like Ill be going home so to speak; http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... is-certain
Don't be so sure. Since the indy referendum, support for the SNP has fallen, and the Scottish Remain vote wasn't so overwhelming as to ensure an independence vote. And the UK leaving the EU changes things for an independence campaign. The SNP has always insisted (in a promise it never had any right or power to make) that the border with England would remain open; now, there'd almost certainly have to be a border, and that's definite if an independent Scotland joined the EU. Also, joining would require Scotland to adopt the Euro - something the Scottish people are very resistant to, and the SNP doesn't want. If there is another referendum, it'd be on very different terms, but that means Sturgeon may not be as keen as she's having to make out.