Gift reissue plus extras

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
czuczu
Overbomber

Pista wrote:
czuczu wrote:
Pista wrote: What?
I didn't see that
I didn't notice until Trevor and Gordon replied all...
I didn't get the reply to all mail
I can fwd? ;D :innocent:
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

This is not looking promising is it?
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

eyeballs wrote:"...will be reissued on CD, cassette and vinyl for the first time in decades, and released digitally for the first time ever."
so have i got an analogue CD? :P
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Bonksi
Amphetamine Filth

It seems that they don't have a f**king clue, so it will probably be out next year then :lol: :lol:

Not a good start, we all know that anything to do with The Sisters takes ages, first of all its the threat of something new or a reissue...then a year or so later something actually starts to happen, with a few false starts and f**k ups along the way.

Surely all AE has to do is give it a yes or a no, it's not like he's manually pressing the vinyl himself, maybe, just maybe, he might have to write some new sleeve notes or something like that, but I doubt it, so its the normal heel dragging that we are used too.

Seems like this bunch of half arsed jokers are the perfect people to do this. I'm still going to buy it though.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

czuczu wrote:Lovely touch just sharing everyone's email addresses, that's beyond amateurish and into the realms of plain stupid :evil:
Band have had ample opportunity to call it out if it's not real.
same in Brussels
MUSICA È
Swinnow
Overbomber

I just find all of this quite amusing. The organisation of the project is poor, but it must have an element of official sanction. What will it contain? I'm ancient enough to recall that the original release of Gift was received with wringing of hands and scratching of heads after Giving Ground laid a foundation, so I can't imagine any extras, not initially deemed worthy, will be earth shattering.

I suppose it's purpose is to keep people chattering and maybe help sell a few more gig tickets.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Swinnow wrote: I suppose it's purpose is to keep people chattering and maybe help sell a few more gig tickets.
Ha ha, you're funny. :)
Swinnow
Overbomber

The original review of Gift was funnier :lol:.

Exit stage left....
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Lenny once said that Ace of Spades was written in the space of time it took to make a cup of tea . Von wrote Gift on the toilet while suffering from the trots .
One can only assume that it is being re released to top up his pension . There is a deluxe addition which contains a free cd of bay city rollers covers and a blow up doll of Mr Hobbo himself
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

As with everything else, I'll believe it when I see it, but John Robb's Manchester review says that Eldritch is re-recording James Ray's vocals for the reissue. Which I'm sure will annoy people, but it's just what I've always wished for :kiss:

https://louderthanwar.com/the-sisters-o ... mU.twitter
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

d0gbones wrote:As with everything else, I'll believe it when I see it, but John Robb's Manchester review says that Eldritch is re-recording James Ray's vocals for the reissue. Which I'm sure will annoy people, but it's just what I've always wished for :kiss:

https://louderthanwar.com/the-sisters-o ... mU.twitter
Great review/article of Robb's- worthy of a copycat posting in the Manchester thread (which i have taken the liberty of doing.)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
ruffers
Overbomber

I hadn't heard this was what the reissue was about - that sounds even more exciting.

Chatting to assorted personnel on Saturday the delay is blamed on Von not making a decision on exactly what should be included on there..
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Todashi

This is very encouraging. New recorded vocals on ANYTHING would be a major step forward and could even be an experiment by Von to see if his voice can carry a project still.

This would be very cool.
“I don't want people to come and see our gig because of the magnificent things I'm doing with my hips, but it's their evening, you know. They have to have fun. I'm a little bit naive."
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

You’ve got more chance of But Genevieve being released in the summer
Goths have feelings too
Todashi

Yeah, you're probably right.

Humph.
“I don't want people to come and see our gig because of the magnificent things I'm doing with my hips, but it's their evening, you know. They have to have fun. I'm a little bit naive."
Swinnow
Overbomber

We all know Eldritch + studio = eternal twiddling = huge costs = no chance unless somebody else covers the bills
hellboy69

splintered thing wrote:This is not looking promising is it?
"All we got was this lousy postcard" :lol:
ruffers
Overbomber

They were still givingout postcards Saturday in Manchester, presumably with an official approval.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
hellboy69

ruffers wrote:They were still givingout postcards Saturday in Manchester, presumably with an official approval.
Well this is good to know! Ta!
whyme
Road Kill

Why would anyone go through the trouble of rereleasing this POS? It was just a throwaway to snatch the name usage.

Will there be a boxset for SSV next?

Honestly who can sit through more than one listen?
sultan2075
Overbomber

Honestly, Gift is one of my favorite records of all time.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Pista
Cureboi

whyme wrote:Why would anyone go through the trouble of rereleasing this POS? It was just a throwaway to snatch the name usage.

Will there be a boxset for SSV next?

Honestly who can sit through more than one listen?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Kutan

Why would anyone go through the trouble of registering at Heartland just to post this?
whyme
Road Kill

Kutan wrote:Why would anyone go through the trouble of registering at Heartland just to post this?
I forget my account details and it's just easier to use a throwaway account since I don't post often.

Album still is junk though..... i would rather have the new songs recorded.