Teenagers!

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Andie
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
Francis wrote:
Quiff Boy wrote:if being "cute" gets you a shag, who's to complain :lol: :twisted:
Yeah, but in early 80s Leeds, eyeliner was more likely to attract the Marc Almonds or a good kicking than the Goth Goddesses. :lol:
late 80s/early 90s manchester wasnt much better. but i could run pretty fast when required, being lean as a whippet an' all :lol:

i still got several "good" (good for whom?!?)) beatings though, mainly due to my big mouth and not being able to just shut up & run ;D

@Quiff...have you learned how to be more of a threat to the norms?...i'm not promoting violence or anything...just self belief and pressance to encourage them to think twice before they get violent...

hugs

andie
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

indeed :twisted:

its gotten a lot easier as i don't really look like a goth anymore hence dont stand out like a sore thumb...

also, as i've become older i've learnt how to handle pi$$ed up beer boys better - i can kinda-almost hold down a conversation with them. lower oneself to their level as it were so that they accept me as one of their own :lol: they dont look at me and want to punch my lights out anymore :roll:

and while i havent gotten any "handier", i've got a lot more assertive... which coupled with my relatively ordinary appearence (read: not appearing to them like some kind of bizarre transvestite, obviously homosexual (sic!) wierdo) makes it easier to be taken seriously should i decide to turn and fight rather than mince away ;)

living with 3 mad mancunian psychos while at uni hepled too. they showed me a trick or two... it always confuses pi$$ed up idiots when you turn to them, grab a beer bottle and shout into their faces in an exaggeratedly broad manc accent "come one then you f*cks! let's 'ave it!! they dont udually expect that and dont know what to do... quite satisfying and if you can look serious enough about it they usually back off, assuming you must be mental to stand up to a group of them on your own :twisted: ;)

and if that fails, THEN you run :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

at 6' 2" and 23 stones, I find a glare, straight in the eye works

except with the Burberry clad Tribe of Ned/Chavs, they have no fear!

RUN!
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Chairman Bux
shut.the.fuck.up

At 5' 6" and hovering around the 9 stone mark, I always found an iron bar to be man's best friend. Fortunately I only ever had to use it twice.

These days I choose to live in a place where no one wants to do me harm. f**k me, maybe. Sell me drugs, definitely. But random assault? That's such a British thing.
Minister of Misinformation and Misdirection.

We first met through a shared view
She loved me and I did too
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Burn wrote:
emilystrange wrote:umm.. that might strike some of you as scary

nah...you read/sound just like i've come to expect...and that is not a bad thing...if anything...respect!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
thank you. i'm just a nice girl who doesn't take any messing. i didn't have to hit anyone last weekend, despite being dressed entirely in gold sequins, bar the tights and footwear.

Can i come and live near you, buxy? sounds nice...
I don't wanna live like I don't mind
Karst
Slight Overbomber

Chairman Bux wrote:These days I choose to live in a place where no one wants to do me harm. **** me, maybe. Sell me drugs, definitely. But random assault? That's such a British thing.
I used to live near a Tramline Named Desire - and that just sounds about it.
Andie
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:indeed :twisted:

its gotten a lot easier as i don't really look like a goth anymore hence dont stand out like a sore thumb...

also, as i've become older i've learnt how to handle pi$$ed up beer boys better - i can kinda-almost hold down a conversation with them. lower oneself to their level as it were so that they accept me as one of their own :lol: they dont look at me and want to punch my lights out anymore :roll:

and while i havent gotten any "handier", i've got a lot more assertive... which coupled with my relatively ordinary appearence (read: not appearing to them like some kind of bizarre transvestite, obviously homosexual (sic!) wierdo) makes it easier to be taken seriously should i decide to turn and fight rather than mince away ;)

living with 3 mad mancunian psychos while at uni hepled too. they showed me a trick or two... it always confuses pi$$ed up idiots when you turn to them, grab a beer bottle and shout into their faces in an exaggeratedly broad manc accent "come one then you f*cks! let's 'ave it!! they dont udually expect that and dont know what to do... quite satisfying and if you can look serious enough about it they usually back off, assuming you must be mental to stand up to a group of them on your own :twisted: ;)

and if that fails, THEN you run :lol:

yeah i know what you mean Quiff...it's not easy admitting to being older and wiser :wink: ...but having realised that i too am over 6 feet tall RS i tend now just to stare them down and then launch into a full on Glasgow accent with colourful language to intimidate them more...

if that fails...then i bolt for the door...but it seems that i can't remember the last time i had to do anything like that...OH...No...wait a minute...i recently had to assert my self at a [sponge] gig...one asshole decided that he was gonna start throwing the lil kiddies around in the mosh pit...so i went and stood next to him....and hey presto...like magic...he dissapeared...

cool trick...

PS. i never thought that Goths looked any different from anyone else... :twisted:
Andie
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:
Burn wrote:
emilystrange wrote:umm.. that might strike some of you as scary

nah...you read/sound just like i've come to expect...and that is not a bad thing...if anything...respect!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
thank you. i'm just a nice girl who doesn't take any messing. i didn't have to hit anyone last weekend, despite being dressed entirely in gold sequins, bar the tights and footwear.

Can i come and live near you, buxy? sounds nice...

dressed entirely in gold sequins....

riiiiiiight... :innocent:

*runs for the door*
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I had some hassle from quite a large and stout bloke at a club about 6 months ago. He kept walking into me on purpose while I was dancing. He did it about 3 times, so I kicked him in both shins and thought "Hah! He'll leave me alone now!", but then he came back and tried to put his hand down my top :evil: so I grabbed him round the throat and held him up against the wall and told him what I thought of him. Then he ran away. He could have easily have knocked me on me ass!
I do generally try and stay away from trouble though if I can help it unless trouble finds me or any of my friends.
James Blast
Banned

<------follows Burn
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

hey you two... its a very nice dress. so there. on a par with the rubber one.
Andie
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:hey you two... its a very nice dress. so there. on a par with the rubber one.

now...i never said that it wasn't a nice dress...i just meant that you actually sounded scary!...

the rubber dress is prolly dead sexy...*dribble*...but i'm not gonna ask what foot wear you can add to that!... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

actually...i am...and you'd better not say Boots! :innocent: :wink: 8)
James Blast
Banned

these?

~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

umm.. no. i have some four inch stilettos.. or some pointy high heeled boots...
there's a pic of me in it on misc in gallery somewhere.
RS.. they are white. *shudder*
Andie
Overbomber

ummm...RS aren't they just a little bit Cliff Richards for those about to goth in a rubber dress?

but i do bow to your superior dress sence and style guruness
Dim, through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.
James Blast
Banned

Dunlop Green Flash are and allas wil be de rigeur, no?
not for rubberwear, granted
~ Peter Steele
James Blast
Banned

I was more a

man myself
~ Peter Steele
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

that's better.
James Blast
Banned

I agree, on a lady of course
~ Peter Steele
Andie
Overbomber

Andie
Overbomber

thankfully neither of you went for the ultimate boot

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hey! good call RS. green flash were cool :notworthy:

by the time i became aware of sambas they had been adopted by the scouse scallies. not good. :urff:

however, i seem to recall owning a nice pair of blue or brown suede gazelles around the time of the housemartins :lol:

bless. at the age of 13 i tried so hard to be a fashion victim yet still failed to win any friends or fit in....

praise be for winkle pickers eh? ;)

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :lol:

and the cuban healed variety, which were quite similar to these "beetle boots":

What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
James Blast
Banned

thank you QB I was sure Green Flash still held a certain cache, the Brothers from Burnage put an end to any thoughts of an old man ever purchasing a pair of Samba ever again :(
~ Peter Steele
Brideoffrankenstein
Overbomber

I've got some of these
James Blast
Banned

very Marilyn Manson <ducks> :eek:
~ Peter Steele