I just saw a famous person

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

The groovy Perry Farrell in Manc city centre hours after a gig in the early 90s. Charming bloke

:eek: - I agree he's groovy - but charming? Please tell me that he was - I love Janes Addiction but always thought Perry Farrell was a bit of a pri....prima donna :lol:
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
Marsden Fields
Road Kill

Jude Law. Short arse.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

An ex of mine *spit* :x processed Paul McCartney's pension when he was doing work experience at the Abbey National. Does that count?
He said it was A LOT OF MONEY...

And the girl who sat next to me in English class in 4th year was Richard Branson's god-daughter, or something. Tried to make friends with her, haha! :twisted:

Oh, and Gorgeous George Galloway showed my class round the Houses of Parliament when I was 13. :roll: What an arse.

Got to stand at the dispatch (despatch?) box, and go blah blah blah, though!

Actually, now I think about it the school I went to (*ahem*) had an awful lot of fairly well-known folks associated with it. :innocent: Nearly got run over by Lubo Morav... whatever his name is I'm not even going to try and spell it... one time. Celtic player. Weegies will know.

Remembered another one. Went for sushi for my 20th birthday, got sat next to Fernando Ricksen. Oh and I saw Chick Young in the Peking Inn when I was about 14. When I saw the former, I hummed the appropriate Abba tune enough for him to shoot me an evil look. When I saw the latter, I did "the laugh".

Bet he never gets that! :roll: :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Big Si
School Bully

boudicca wrote:Nearly got run over by Lubo Morav... whatever his name is I'm not even going to try and spell it... one time. Celtic player. Weegies will know.
:notworthy: Lubo! :notworthy: Lubo! :notworthy:

Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
James Blast
Banned

boudicca wrote:Nearly got run over by Lubo Morav...
one of the few things Mr. Moravcik missed in his time here :innocent:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Debaser
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:"Cain" is always in the co-op at farsley too :lol:
Capture him and keep him in a cupboard for me Quiff...I'll open him next time I see ya!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Black Alice wrote:
The groovy Perry Farrell in Manc city centre hours after a gig in the early 90s. Charming bloke

:eek: - I agree he's groovy - but charming? Please tell me that he was - I love Janes Addiction but always thought Perry Farrell was a bit of a pri....prima donna :lol:
I reckon it's a case of mistaken identity. Not so much prima donna, more totally, always out of his skull (I daren't think what on). Bit like the :von: arrogant b@stard / shy bloke scenario.

But yep, the good news is he was as sweet as pie. Nattered for ages, signed the large bootleg poster (RDLH cover - which my ex still hoards :evil: ), and was generally fine and groovy, considering we'd spotted him and shouted after him at about 4AM on a damp Mancunian morning. Or was that the ex? :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Black Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

My BF is doing some I.T work for Jools Hollands wife at the moment. They live in a mock up of the village from "The Prisoner" near Greenwich / Blackheath.
Hell is other people
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Big Si wrote:
boudicca wrote:Nearly got run over by Lubo Morav... whatever his name is I'm not even going to try and spell it... one time. Celtic player. Weegies will know.
:notworthy: Lubo! :notworthy: Lubo! :notworthy:

Thank you Si! :notworthy: That's the chap.

"Watch where you're going! Bloody menace!" :evil: :lol:
Black Alice
Emotional Vampyre

FFS Dave wrote:
Black Alice wrote:

I reckon it's a case of mistaken identity. Not so much prima donna, more totally, always out of his skull (I daren't think what on). Bit like the :von: arrogant b@stard / shy bloke scenario.

But yep, the good news is he was as sweet as pie. Nattered for ages, signed the large bootleg poster (RDLH cover - which my ex still hoards :evil: ), and was generally fine and groovy, considering we'd spotted him and shouted after him at about 4AM on a damp Mancunian morning. Or was that the ex? :lol:
Excellent - my faith in my fellow man (well, some of them) is duly restored. ;D

(Sorry about your poster though :( )
I never talk during music, at least during good music. If one hears bad music, it is one's duty to drown it in conversation.
rian
Slight Overbomber

My mother danced with Frank Zappa here in Stockholm 30-35 years ago

Makes her cool in my eyes

:notworthy:
I think someone set my soul alight
Thea
Overbomber

S'not bad!
My mother sold a pair of boots to Janet Street-Porter. Said she was annoying :|
She also had a run-in with Midge Ure at some point in 1985 and made him hold me (aged about 6 months) for a picture :eek: I asked her why she did this and she just said "I thought he was the pope" :|
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

d00mw0lf wrote:...and she just said "I thought he was the pope" :|
You and Pope's. What's the deal?

I don't live in a famous place. I did have the privilige of ignoring Princess Anne once, when I was about twelve. That's about it.
Thea
Overbomber

timsinister wrote:
d00mw0lf wrote:...and she just said "I thought he was the pope" :|
You and Pope's. What's the deal?
Someone's gotta keep 'em off the moon...
boudicca
Sister Midnight

fuckin' 'ell! How could I forget...

...my mum got asked out by the drummer from the Kinks! She wasn't a "rock chick" or owt like that - just right (wrong?) place at the right (wrong?) time.

She said no.

You could've been me dad! ;D :eek: :lol:

I much prefer the Doktor, though... :wink:
boudicca
Sister Midnight

timsinister wrote: You and Pope's. What's the deal?
What's with the apostrophe, man?

NOT GENITIVE CASE! :roll:

:eek: Shame on you!!!!

*shaking head in disgust*
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Nice parental date-choosing, Boudicca..

And if we're allowed to pursue that route, my mum used to go out (about 30 or so years ago)with Errol Brown from Hot Chocolate. ;)
canon docre
Overbomber

Dark wrote:Nice parental date-choosing, Boudicca..

And if we're allowed to pursue that route, my mum used to go out (about 30 or so years ago)with Errol Brown from Hot Chocolate. ;)
:notworthy: :lol: Now, who can beat that?

Is your mother called Emma by any chance?
Big Si
School Bully

Last night hanging off a lamppost in Merchant City, he was very drunk as he'd been celebrating our win over Aberdeen! :lol:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Dark
Underneath the Rock

canon docre wrote:
Dark wrote:Nice parental date-choosing, Boudicca..

:notworthy: :lol: Now, who can beat that?

Is your mother called Emma by any chance?
Nah, her name's Sharon. :lol:

If Emma was written about her, you think I'd like the Sisters' version of it. You'd also think I'd like the original.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

I'd always have much rather heard a Sisters cover of "You Sexy Thing"! :innocent: :von: :twisted:

Think on it, people...
ruffers
Overbomber

boudicca wrote:I'd always have much rather heard a Sisters cover of "You Sexy Thing"! :innocent: :von: :twisted:

Think on it, people...
I've thought on it.......... :eek:
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
boudicca
Sister Midnight

ruffers wrote:
boudicca wrote:I'd always have much rather heard a Sisters cover of "You Sexy Thing"! :innocent: :von: :twisted:

Think on it, people...
I've thought on it.......... :eek:
I'm still thinking on it... :innocent: :wink:
James Blast
Banned

I thought too...... I can't hear it :(
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
CorpPunk
Pirate of Penzance

I just met Debbie Harry!