Worst Sisters songs.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

a.r.kane wrote:on balance would it seem that there are more bad sisters tracks than good ones?
Nah....
"as we walk on the floodland"
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Ozpat wrote:
a.r.kane wrote:on balance would it seem that there are more bad sisters tracks than good ones?
Nah....
Backing that nah....
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

What kind of strange question is that anyway? Are you serious? :evil:

For me there are no bad tracks. Some tracks are not as good as others. But no bad tracks for me. Every song has got something....from nostalgic feelings to goose bumps etc.

Blablabla.... 8)
canon docre
Overbomber

:lol:

This is probably the wrongest place for any blasphemous opinions such as this. Be prepared for a torrent of negating.
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Would all you heretics please form an orderly queue....

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
Jaimie1980
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Most certainly not!
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

Good, it was a question not a statement. There seemed to be quite a range of unpopular tracks from across the years of releases twas all. I was just wondering (by mistake) as some people do.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i love HL'ers :lol:

we're the first to rip into eldritch/the sisters about something they dont like, yet fiercely defensive if anyone else so much as utters a "nay!" :lol: :notworthy:

;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Can we put him on trial for violating whatever we can think of? :innocent: ;D
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

Heresy! :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

Quiff Boy wrote:i love HL'ers :lol:

we're the first to rip into eldritch/the sisters about something they dont like, yet fiercely defensive if anyone else so much as utters a "nay!" :lol: :notworthy:

;D
Thank you Quiffy Boy
this was my point, I think. You are all very eager to be critical about things you have no capacity to emulate and defensive about things anyone can better. I would be curious to know how many HLers actually saw the sisters between 1980 - 1985 or bought records when they where recording and releasing them?
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

a.r.kane wrote:I would be curious to know how many HLers actually saw the sisters between 1980 - 1985 or bought records when they where recording and releasing them?
Some hardly had that possibility as they were only toddlers or not even born yet. Hope you forgive us that :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
streamline
Slight Overbomber

a.r.kane wrote:I would be curious to know how many HLers actually saw the sisters between 1980 - 1985 or bought records when they where recording and releasing them?
:eek: :eek:

Wouldn't they all be dead by now?

:D :D

(this from a man whose obsession started in 1987!)

I trust you trust in me to mistrust you
Eva
Intercontinental Assassin

a.r.kane wrote:

;D
Thank you Quiffy Boy
this was my point, I think. You are all very eager to be critical about things you have no capacity to emulate and defensive about things anyone can better. I would be curious to know how many HLers actually saw the sisters between 1980 - 1985 or bought records when they where recording and releasing them?
Oi, you! I did! And I'm a crispy 36 years young, still alive and kicking. :lol:
You can't fix stupid.
Gottdammerung
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

One of my mates saw them play Strathclyde Uni back in 1984, but he's about ten year's older than me..

I'd have been 8 when they played!

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye

Hunter S. Thompson
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

streamline wrote:
:eek: :eek:

Wouldn't they all be dead by now?

:D :D

(this from a man whose obsession started in 1987!)
the actual fans or the band?!?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

To answer a half-flippant question seriously, yes, I was buying their records when they were releasing them. I already had FALAA and a few of the singles before Floodland (and its attendant singles) came out, and queued to buy Floodland the day it came out.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
canon docre
Overbomber

I saw them live in 85' already owning FALAA and a few singles.* Afters this notable incident I gave the band a rest until earlier this year.

* Do I get a little asterix in the teachers book now, mr. kane?
Put their heads on f*cking pikes in front of the venue for all I care.
a.r.kane
Amphetamine Filth

canon docre wrote:

* Do I get a little asterix in the teachers book now, mr. kane?
you do canon but unfortunately the teachers have nothing left to teach
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Detonation Boulevard.
More.

I adore all the new stuff, even Will I Dream!
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i bought NTTC12" when it was "current" and FALAA;already owned all the records up to then (not the first two singles -but i did have "they shall not pass")...from giving ground 7" onwards i bought everything on the day of release,pretty much.
and thanks to my stupidly over-protective parents my first oppurtunity to see them live in march '85 was thwarted due to it's being in an age restricted club and i was only 14 :evil:
as they (the sisters) considerately split up a few months later i didn't get to see them until 1990.
Last edited by eastmidswhizzkid on 24 Nov 2005, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
ruffers
Overbomber

Saw them 84 and 85, owned all the records released at that point.

But I am old.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

a.r.kane wrote: this was my point, I think.

You are all very eager to be critical about things you have no capacity to emulate and defensive about things anyone can better. I would be curious to know how many HLers actually saw the sisters between 1980 - 1985 or bought records when they where recording and releasing them?
Nah....it wasn't, I think. Besides that; the defensivity could be worse I guess...

In 1981 I just found out that the "thingy" between my leggs was not only "there" for p!ssing.

But.....why are you wondering anyway?
Mr.Mercy
Road Kill

1983 Münster-1985 Düsseldorf-1991 Essen-1996 Ochtrup Open air with Sex Pistols on their Filthy Lucre tour.
In 1983 i owned the TOL 12" and in 1985 i owned the FALAA lp and nothing more.After the Düsseldorf concert i started collecting them.
There's a million reasons why the hippies failed.
(Joe Strummer)
ruffers
Overbomber

;D
Yeah but we're allowed innit :lol: :lol: :eek:
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow