Boring Tour > yawn yawn yawn

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the mammoth 2006 25th Anniversary tour.
hallucienate
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote: According to Hallucienate's Trading Page:
Nine While Nine performances:
1985-03-13 Tiffany's Newcastle England
1985-03-16 University Leeds England
1985-03-16 Leeds University Leeds England
That isn't too correct, seems to be a bug in the database, I'll have to look into it :oops:

Blame multiple sources.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

:roll:

Cuppa tea anyone?
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

boudicca wrote::roll:

Cuppa tea anyone?
What? We're surrounded by werewolves, and all you can think of is whether anyone wants a cup of tea??!!?? Christ on a bike!
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
boudicca
Sister Midnight

Planet Dave wrote:

Cuppa tea anyone?
What? We're surrounded by werewolves, and all you can think of is whether anyone wants a cup of tea??!!?? Christ on a bike!
I'm more British than I realised... :lol:
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets
Badlander
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:

Cuppa tea anyone?
Sounds a bit "Shaun of the dead". :lol:
I'd end this moment to be with you
Through morphic oceans I'd lay here with you
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Badlander wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:

Cuppa tea anyone?
Sounds a bit "Shaun of the dead". :lol:
Admirably close, but no cigar. :wink:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Dog Soldiers?
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Hom_Corleone wrote:Dog Soldiers?
But of course. :notworthy:
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Drenchrom wrote:Jesus people, just go and enjoy the shows and stop bitching about the fact that they didn't play everything you wanted. Since when did the Sisters pander to the masses?

If you think it looks boring, don't go and ruin everyone elses evening with your attitude. Give them a chance, if you're doing 50 odd shows you'll more than likely have a fixed set of songs and coupled with some new guitarists they can't be expected to learn everything.

Here's hoping they don't play Driven Like The Snow, 1959 or Nine While Nine (their best songs by far), mainly because they crowd would ruin it with all their catcalls and whistling, much like I Was Wrong.

Saying that, they would do well to stick This Corrosion in by the time I see 'em! :lol:

On the subject of clothes, get a life people. I really don't care if Eldritch is wearing a t-shirt he wore 2 years ago. I ain't going to see them for fashion tips. If i did i'd have a white leather jacket and a bright orange/red firemans jacket. :lol:
Well put. Cripes---they're mounting a tour of over FIFTY dates, out of nowhere with nothing 'new' to support. Kudos. I never thought they'd return to the US, now I'm eating my freakin' shoe and excited that they're gonna be playing. Case closed. Gonna buy the shirt, support the band, and have a good time.

Yes, I see the same songs on the set list, and you think, oh well. Better than no Sisters, that's for sure. I'd love to hear Nine While Nine, never ever gonna happen though...just like they're never gonna tour again, right? They can bust out Sandstorm and You Could Be The One for all I care.

Okay, we all want a new album. But at least there is some semblance of a band--people come and go and the machine roars on---their gigography puts most 'album-releasing' bands to shame.
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Well said Electrochrome
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Hybrid
Road Kill

Well i never thought id say this, but , Its a no-no for me for this tour. There is a definate sense of this being the Kiss-Off for Von and his happy travellers. There is no way Eldritch is gonna improve as time goes on, Playing to half empty venues is not condusive to a good time being had by anyone involved. I was bitterly dissapointed with the bands Glasgow Barrowlands show last time around but thought maybe, just maybe he will pull something out of the hat for this tour and re-spark that viscious beauty that WAS the sisters but looking at the set lists and attitudes coming in i can see its the same old same old. I have no right (its the bands desicions, not mine ) but im angry that something that could have been so relevant and uplifting has plummeted to the depths of parody that it has. :x :(
Badlander
Overbomber

Hybrid wrote:I have no right (its the bands desicions, not mine )
You bet your sweet ass it is.
Biggest tour EVER (Tour thing had 47 dates, and '84 shows are usually divided into two tours), first concert in France ever, first tour in the US since '99, two brand new kick ass axemen... If that ain't good enough for you, so be it.
Ironically enough, if it wasn't for the boots and instant reviews, none of this nonsense would take place.
Hybrid
Road Kill

Badlander wrote:
Hybrid wrote:I have no right (its the bands desicions, not mine )
You bet your sweet ass it is.
Biggest tour EVER (Tour thing had 47 dates, and '84 shows are usually divided into two tours), first concert in France ever, first tour in the US since '99, two brand new kick ass axemen... If that ain't good enough for you, so be it.
Ironically enough, if it wasn't for the boots and instant reviews, none of this nonsense would take place.

Why does how many dates they play, or where, have any relevance as to how good or bad the band are?
Doesnt it say something that the band HAVENT played America since 99 yet still are getting divided reviews from hardcore fans. The fact that we can get instant reviews from the bands followers and what those reviews say is gonna be more truthfull than some blaise journalist who will knock them in their chosen rag just because thats what the press always do.
Booslham
Road Kill

Do we really need a thread like this in this Forum?
You guys are SPOILED ROTTEN.... Brats!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Internet has spoiled you sickly silly. It's almost gross to think of it.
I am sick to come here and read this 'yawn, yawn, yawn' crap smeared all over these pages. It starts my day awful.
If you think it's a boring tour.. don't go and see them. Visit other Forums like U2 ... where it's never boring. Besides you'll learn how to dismantle a bomb.
Please stop this nonsense... Please.

If it weren't for the Internet, you'd be dying to see them perform ANY song.
I am going tonight to see them in Ft. Lauderdale and tomoroow to Orlando. I will be just as happy with the same set list they performed when I saw them in washington DC on September 1999. I will enjoy the show no matter what they play
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

The negative reviews have been from the expected usual suspects and the majority of fans are apparently indeed very pleased with the tour and the strength of the band...

Judging from the recording of Las Vegas i have no idea why some people keep complaining, it's obvious the band is in top form even from just that.

Also to say the venues are "half-empty" is misleading...i understand some have been sold out, some european venues are already sold out and where they haven't been sold out they've been rather "half-full".
Then again, who could expect a band like the Sisters without any output for a long time combined with zero media coverage to do as well as they do in the USA? Saying that the turnout is bad is most blatant cynicism.

PS: i agree with Booshlam, that internet spoils the kids of today.
Last edited by itnAklipse on 02 Mar 2006, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

"divided reviews from hardcore fans"

they always have. and i mean always. it means nothing... most "hardcore" fans from back in the day hated the royal albert hall gig in 85 for example ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Booslham wrote:Do we really need a thread like this in this Forum?
You guys are SPOILED ROTTEN.... Brats!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Internet has spoiled you sickly silly. It's almost gross to think of it.
I am sick to come here and read this 'yawn, yawn, yawn' crap smeared all over these pages. It starts my day awful.
If you think it's a boring tour.. don't go and see them. Visit other Forums like U2 ... where it's never boring. Besides you'll learn how to dismantle a bomb.
Please stop this nonsense... Please.

If it weren't for the Internet, you'd be dying to see them perform ANY song.
I am going tonight to see them in Ft. Lauderdale and tomoroow to Orlando. I will be just as happy with the same set list they performed when I saw them in washington DC on September 1999. I will enjoy the show no matter what they play
Don't worry too much about it, have a great time and make sure you post some nice reviews! They will most probably play some nice songs you haven't seen performed live before (Slept, Top Nite Out and Crash And Burn).
There are other threads as well and a lot of fans are really positive.
Read the Mexico City thread.
I enjoy every Sisters gig I visit. I'm one of a few who actually enjoyed Amsterdam 2003. :D

Have a great time! I know you'll enjoy it!!!! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

itnAklipse wrote:The negative reviews have been from the expected usual suspects and the majority of fans are apparently indeed very pleased with the tour and the strength of the band...

Judging from the recording of Las Vegas i have no idea why some people keep complaining, it's obvious the band is in top form even from just that.

Also to say the venues are "half-empty" is misleading...i understand some have been sold out, some european venues are already sold out and where they haven't been sold out they've been rather "half-full".
Then again, who could expect a band like the Sisters without any output for a long time combined with zero media coverage to do as well as they do in the USA? Saying that the turnout is bad is most blatant cynicism.

PS: i agree with Booshlam, that internet spoils the kids of today.
Indeed, they're in good form, even got better backings this time, it seems :notworthy:

Brussels was sold out within a week :von:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Hybrid
Road Kill

I didnt realise there was "The usual Suspects" on here and if they have been saying this stuff just to wind people up i apologise for being hoodwinked by it all (im really not a knocker of the band). Saying that, Glasgow was a really really bad gig, and thats the first time ive ever said that about the sisters live show considering ive not missed a tour since the eighties and i came away utterly devestated by what id seen. The dodgy reviews on here just relighted that same feeling i had after the show and as i said i was hoping against hope that this tour would put the guys back where they belonged. But as everyone must agree there should be room for constructive critisism on here which promotes genuine discussion about the merits and failings of The Sisters without falling into the "im right" "your wrong" squabbles that go on. The internet does give everyone the right to do this and its no bad thing, I may not like what is said but i respect your right to say it (and my right to reply to it) and i wont call you a spoilt brat for saying it either
If your mother doesnt love you
The river bed might
Badlander
Overbomber

Hybrid wrote:Saying that, Glasgow was a really really bad gig
Well that kind of incident happens to bands that don't use DAT. ;D

And another thing : I don't think the raison d'être of such a fan forum is to discuss the highs and lows of the band, to see where it stands, whether it's going downhill... It's precisely a fan forum, which means exactly what it's supposed to : join if you love the Sisters, don't lose your time if you don't. We all have better things to do. But don't be surprised if you come yawning at the door and people get upset.

Fan is short for fanatic, you see ? And one last thing : it's not as personal as it may seem. Such misunderstanding happens all the time on all kinds of forum, and it will happen again, I'm afraid. You don't even join the forum to discuss TSOM per se, you join because you love TSOM, and to discuss all kinds of Sisters-related or not-so-related matters. You may call that fetichism if you like.
robertzombie
Overbomber

I don't mind "fans" criticizing but your right, when people that aren't even "fans" come on just to talk s**t, that annoys me.
James Blast
Banned

don't you folks read the header at the top left:
THE SISTERS OF MERCY
HEARTLAND
UNOFFICIAL DISCUSSIONS FORUMS

I for one would hate to be on a forum that was all fanboy worship. Disagreement, when well reasoned and thought out is healthy and a damn sight more interesting than everyone nodding in unison.

and while I'm here, I'm one of a handful who think You Could be the One is a classic Sisters song

see what I mean? :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
robertzombie
Overbomber

I agree with you...

I also agree that You Could Be The One is brilliant :notworthy:
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

James Blast wrote:don't you folks read the header at the top left:
THE SISTERS OF MERCY
HEARTLAND

I for one would hate to be on a forum that was all fanboy worship. Disagreement, when well reasoned and thought out is healthy and a damn sight more interesting than everyone nodding in unison.

and while I'm here, I'm one of a handful who think You Could be the One is a classic Sisters song

Absolutely right!

As I said before (well, we're getting the same threads over and over if that's an excuse :lol:) that's one of the things I like about being a Sister fanatic, we laugh about our idols, we have proper discussions, etc, etc.
I can hardly see that happening with other bands.

But as also said before, don't jump in here for making a single post about 'everything being s**t' and then run off for the rest of your life. We're here for our enjoyment, you should be too :wink:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
Badlander
Overbomber

James Blast wrote:don't you folks read the header at the top left:
THE SISTERS OF MERCY
HEARTLAND

Good point. But I don't have the impression all we do here is worship the Sisters either. Pointless criticism is of little use, and it doesn't make your judgement any more "objective".