The all new 'Who's Going Where and When' thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
twp
Amphetamine Filth

Idles at Rock City. Very much looking forward to it.
CommodoreRock
Amphetamine Filth

PiL was good, however I feel like the vocals lacked some clarity. Not sure if it was the mix or the PA, or a little of both. I saw PiL back a number of years ago at Terminal 5 in NYC and no complaints.
Big Si
School Bully

sultan2075 wrote:
XidiouX wrote:
Great conversation you two :D

I've had the same chat with my mates over the last 15 years or so. I'd stopped buying his albums and even going to see him and the band. Everytime I turned on the Telly to see them on a Music Programme, he was stuck behind a Piano and the rest of the band sounded far too polished.

Thank F*** for Grinderman, the angry Nick that prowled the stage like a Psychotic Preacher was back, but sadly they called it a day far too soon.

For me The Boatmans Call was a great album, but apart from the aforementioned Grinderman (and some Soundtrack work with Warren) everything i've heard since has lost a lot of that vital spark that kept me coming back for more :|
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
XidiouX
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Swinnow
Overbomber

Levellers @ Rock City - 25th Nov
Ferocious Dog @ Brudenell Social Club - 6th April
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Sinnersday in about an hour. MC50, Cabaret Voltaire, Whispering Sons, John Cale, etc
This year is a different venue, the legendary Limburghal in Genk. Gonna try & catch some ghosts from the past...
in dub we trust
Afflikönig
Amphetamine Filth

radiojamaica wrote:Sinnersday in about an hour. MC50, Cabaret Voltaire, Whispering Sons, John Cale, etc
This year is a different venue, the legendary Limburghal in Genk. Gonna try & catch some ghosts from the past...
Whispering Sons are absolutely superb live, enjoy!
bearskin

Frank Turner in Auckland on Friday night was superb. Amazing energy. Surprised at the size of the venue considering the size of arenas he plays elsewhere. Played a lot of the last three albums which is Ok by me, plus a sort of segue of older tunes.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Afflikönig wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:Sinnersday in about an hour. MC50, Cabaret Voltaire, Whispering Sons, John Cale, etc
Whispering Sons are absolutely superb live, enjoy!
They sure are! Seen them many times, cool to see them growing and owning the stage... Yesterday they played for a few thousand people and probably impressed all of them, awesome live band indeed!
in dub we trust
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Peter Murphy with David J. last week: decent performance f*ck up by soundman.
There was almost a lack of bass, odd mix - guitar was on the same, and sometimes higher, level than vocal - and on some songs wall of cacophony. Over all it the closest i will probpalby ever get when it comes to Bauhaus gig. 18 songs, still superb vocal and a lot of energy.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

THE DELAWARE ROAD : RITUAL & RESISTANCE

Saturday 17 - Sunday 18 August

"A unique festival of music, theatre, film, sound & light inside a secret military base near Stonehenge. Featuring an incredible line up of artists, DJs, video producers, sound designers, record labels, speakers, writers, illustrators & agitators. "

It's going to be a strange mixture of hauntological soundtracks and nostalgic avant-electronica.

Not only will I be going, but I'll be exhibiting some of my artwork there as well. Early bird tickets on sale now

Facebook link for those who like them
ruffers
Overbomber

As I find myself at a loose end in Hamilton, New Zealand (long story, long journey) and Fatboy Slim is playing in town tomorrow night I shall be going along to that.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Tampting to go watch ROME 15-03-2019 as they (he) going to play 10 minutes from my home.

Also thinking about going 01-03-2019 to see Colin Webster & Mark Holub duo with Stephen Grew - some free jazz.

27-04-2019 - Keyon Harrold - some fine jazz.

24-07-2019 Rammstein in Chorzow Stadium.

and TSOM 06-10-2019, if they gonna play in Wroclaw, and IF ticket price won't be ridicilous.
Afflikönig
Amphetamine Filth

Inkubus Sukkubus / Golden Apes / The Golden Age of Nothing - Leeds, March 2nd
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Bartek wrote:Tampting to go watch ROME 15-03-2019 as they (he) going to play 10 minutes from my home.

Also thinking about going 01-03-2019 to see Colin Webster & Mark Holub duo with Stephen Grew - some free jazz.

27-04-2019 - Keyon Harrold - some fine jazz.

24-07-2019 Rammstein in Chorzow Stadium.

and TSOM 06-10-2019, if they gonna play in Wroclaw, and IF ticket price won't be ridicilous.
from that list:
i got tickets for: Rome, Keyon Harrold, Rammstein and TSOM. One gig that i've already been, one of Polish musician - 6 gigs a years; possibly other one of two other to come.
Can't remember when last time i had so much in schedule.
On the other side, i remember when i was student and i went at least one gig a month.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Levellers - Halifax Piece Hall - 29th June

Ain't seen a band in Halifax since Hawkwind in '83
CommodoreRock
Amphetamine Filth

The Church - Starfish 30th Anniversary On April 16 @ White Eagle Hall.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Swinnow wrote:Levellers - Halifax Piece Hall - 29th June

Ain't seen a band in Halifax since Hawkwind in '83
remind me: did the levs ever thank us for brreaking them on the back of the impurity tour? answers on a sold-out HIPPY WANKER CUNT STAIN to : theres only one way of life see you on the way back down Leicester Militia 91

....and yes, that is a threat. knew you'd be pleased
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Swinnow
Overbomber

The first time I saw the Levellers was supporting NMA in Bradford, though for the life of me I can't remember whether it was at the Uni or at the Queen' s Hall or in '90 or '91. I suspect it was the Uni but I'll ask Ms Swinnow and the old crowd for confirmation. I recall one of our lot's Naked & Sausage shirt being "warmly" received :lol:
Swinnow
Overbomber

NMA - Clitheroe Grand - 26th April
Chaotican

Looks like I’ll be going to Trippie Redd in San Francisco March 2. Standing in for my son’s friend because his mom won’t allow non-Christian music. Also ski mask/ juiceworld vip meet and greet in April. Because f**k Ryan’s mom.
Last edited by Chaotican on 26 Feb 2019, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.
Chaotican

CommodoreRock wrote:The Church - Starfish 30th Anniversary On April 16 @ White Eagle Hall.
I saw they were on tour! Let me know how it is.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Going to see Baroness and Deafheaven in April. Looking forward to Baroness, as I'd expect they're a hell of a live band, despite not doing much for me. Not really excited about Deafheaven, as I'm not a hipster.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
ruffers
Overbomber

Laibach tonight

Screening of Liberation Day then live show at Shepherds Bush.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

The Stranglers in Aberdeen tonight.
Supported by Dr Feelgood, who manage the neat trick of not having an original member.
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!