Slightly depressed.... (CBPOB)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

My housemates and I all went out last night for our usual student night as we do. One has a girlfriend, the other successfully pulled (twice) and the other is seeing someone else.

Today they are all asking for help with their respective partners and it's just getting me down I don't have one myself. I feel like utter crap, like I'm not worth even the slightest effort from another person. I haven't had a relationship in over 3.5 years and don't get 'lucky' that often either. I can't even talk to anyone about it because they'll just be like 'oh stop whinging' and my close non uni friends are all taken too.

I know this is nowhere near as serious as other peoples posts on here (my thoughts are with you all) but today its just got me down quite a bit and its helping to let it all out here.
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Not really happy as my two ladies both need a hospital visit in the very near future :|

IZ.
All the best for Kaat & Noor!

We have the same thing lined up for Robbe. After almost 3 years of one ear infection after the other we hoped it would be better by now, but nope... so bring on the eartubes I'm afraid :|
Appointment with the hospital is in a few weeks...

While still here I might as well say something about the wee one as well. Mighty fine dude, but why oh why doesn't he sleep more than 2 hours (tops!) in a row? It's getting a bit heavy now.
in dub we trust
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

radiojamaica wrote:All the best for Kaat & Noor!

We have the same thing lined up for Robbe. After almost 3 years of one ear infection after the other we hoped it would be better by now, but nope... so bring on the eartubes I'm afraid :|
Appointment with the hospital is in a few weeks...

While still here I might as well say something about the wee one as well. Mighty fine dude, but why oh why doesn't he sleep more than 2 hours (tops!) in a row? It's getting a bit heavy now.
Never feel guilty about dropping them out of house, you need your rest ;) That's what grandparents are for! ;D

Best of luck with YOUR tubes then ;)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Never feel guilty about dropping them out of house, you need your rest ;) That's what grandparents are for! ;D
It's not that simple either as he won't drink from bottle's either, only the real deal so for the time being we can't let him sleep over at the grandparents without his lovely mum being there also. For her it's tough I can tell you that, she's now living with 3 babies ;D
in dub we trust
iesus
Overbomber

Today i had the more unpleasant wake from bed for years :cry:
Although it could be worst, for example someone invade the home with an axe and traumatize me, rape me and kill me, not with a particular order of the steps.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

what happenned?
iesus
Overbomber

A friday without the feel of hope of a better weekend :(
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Debaser
Overbomber

work - arrggghhhhhhh
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

People who try to rewrite the spec (in a way which would involve a hell of a lot more design and development time and effort) of a project halfway through, when it's already vastly overrun the budget and deadlines...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Vision
Amphetamine Filth

Being unable to help someone who is hurting, because they're shutting you out, because they know that they can't pretend everything is alright with you like they do everyone else.
Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will p*ss on your computer.
Pista
Cureboi

Regretting clicking the update button for ichoonz.
It's now updating my library which usually means all my artwork will be jumbled up or missing.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Debaser
Overbomber

Work
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Bloody ice. I slipped and fell on my walk into work this morning. Twice.

At least the first time I landed on a padded bit (my arse :lol:) but the second I took the fall on my hands. Ow ow ow ow ow.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Caetlin
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:Bloody ice. I slipped and fell on my walk into work this morning. Twice.

At least the first time I landed on a padded bit (my arse :lol:) but the second I took the fall on my hands. Ow ow ow ow ow.
This somehow reminded me of my morning - there was this nice glass door. Opened. And what did I do? Instead of walking through, I closed it and walked right into it... I'm still chuckling at it ;D But damn, it hurt.
I see it all perfectly; there are two possible situations - one can either do this or that. My honest opinion and my friendly advice is this: do it or do not do it - you will regret both.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

markfiend wrote:Bloody ice. I slipped and fell on my walk into work this morning. Twice.

Yikes! :(
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Pista
Cureboi

Millhouse has been puking the best part of the last 24 hours. Vet for him tomorrow :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:My housemates and I all went out last night for our usual student night as we do. One has a girlfriend, the other successfully pulled (twice) and the other is seeing someone else.

Today they are all asking for help with their respective partners and it's just getting me down I don't have one myself. I feel like utter crap, like I'm not worth even the slightest effort from another person. I haven't had a relationship in over 3.5 years and don't get 'lucky' that often either. I can't even talk to anyone about it because they'll just be like 'oh stop whinging' and my close non uni friends are all taken too.

I know this is nowhere near as serious as other peoples posts on here (my thoughts are with you all) but today its just got me down quite a bit and its helping to let it all out here.
Decided to respond (over a month later, soz, but there you go), because I feel your pain. Dunno if you're m or f - not that it matters - but I'm in the same boat, and have been for my whole adolescent-through-adult life. I can go, and have gone, years without a relationship/shag/request for a date (tmi, I know, but I'm past caring). Most folks seem to "pull" easily, and to go through relationships like a hot knife through butter (look at Taylor Swift, ffs - she's got a new plaything every 5 minutes or so. Must be flippin' nice! :evil:).

On these narrow-minded and ignorant shores, it seems that I've got numerous strikes against me: I'm a 6'1" (1.85 m) girlie, I've got a Mensa IQ, and I'm socially inept, to say the least (probable Asperger Syndrome). Here in the States, especially in East Buttf*ck where I currently reside, I'm looked at as a bit of a sideshow attraction (elsewhere, not quite as much, thankfully).

Suffice it to say that I understand and sympathize with your predicament. There *are* folks out there for you...but you may have to do a lot more searching (and waiting) than most to find them. :von:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

(Over-)work, tiredness, lack of time to get stuff done, the day job increasingly interfering with the artwork - minor nuisances in the grand scheme of things, but, like a small insignificant stone in your shoe, a right f**king pain.
iesus
Overbomber

I feel coooooldddd, coooollldddd brrrr :urff:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

iesus wrote:A friday without the feel of hope of a better weekend :(
yeah.. I am trying to keep hope for the weekend although they have asked me to lecture on something on Monday I am absolutely not comfortable with..purely because I did not have enough time to prepare.
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote:(Over-)work, tiredness, lack of time to get stuff done, the day job increasingly interfering with the artwork - minor nuisances in the grand scheme of things, but, like a small insignificant stone in your shoe, a right f**king pain.
and similar feelings here too. sometimes I feel lke I don't have much control over things..I really need to change that for next year
Debaser
Overbomber

Having never had toothache before, I'm currently finding this feeling unbearable. :urff:
Pista
Cureboi

Debaser wrote:Having never had toothache before, I'm currently finding this feeling unbearable. :urff:
:(

It's a bastard innit?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

Debaser wrote:Having never had toothache before, I'm currently finding this feeling unbearable. :urff:
Anbesol is the only thing that will get rid of toothache (temporarily, until you get to a dentist, of course). Boots & Superdrug both sell it. Get the extra-strong gel - it's 20% Benzocaine.

Knock back a couple of regular painkillers, then rub the Anbesol on the tooth/gum. The Anbesol kicks in in about 10 seconds, and numbs the pain long enough for the painkillers to actually get to work.
Debaser
Overbomber

lazarus corporation wrote: couple of regular painkillers,
I've gone for the irregular type, no messing with fiddle-faddly over the counter ones, just jumped straight to Tramadol.

expect no sense from me for 48 hours