Re-run of currently watching

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

Pista wrote:
*mind blown*
:eek:
That's the first time I've made someone drop acid, bludgeon their dad to death with an ash tray & chop up his body.
okay now i have to watch it
thanks although i remember my son telling me to watch it and now i'm doubting if i should..
is my son going to drop acid, bludgeon me to death with an ash tray & chop up my body? :bat:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Pista
Cureboi

MadameButterfly wrote:
Pista wrote:
*mind blown*
:eek:
That's the first time I've made someone drop acid, bludgeon their dad to death with an ash tray & chop up his body.
okay now i have to watch it
thanks although i remember my son telling me to watch it and now i'm doubting if i should..
is my son going to drop acid, bludgeon me to death with an ash tray & chop up my body? :bat:
:lol:
From what I have read, there are a trillion unique permutations as to how the story can play out all depending on what decisions you make for Stefan.
I got him banged up for dismembering his dad & his game got pulled from store shelves.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Oh-my, oh-my Pista is that movie worth watching?

My wife, our daughter and me went to see Mary Poppins Returns, and it's not bad movie at all, it's good, but the one with Julie Andrews and Dick was looot more better. Not to mention, that back then they knew how to write good songs than one can hum, whistle, or even sing along with or without playback; for recent version they seemed to had vision that since they made it musical song must sound like in real (theatre) musical. Emily played good and she portrayed Mary very close to one from book.
Good moments: Dick Van Dyke half-cameo, shots (their colour and light) (close to the one from first movie), half animated scene (Penguins!).
Pista
Cureboi

Bartek wrote:Oh-my, oh-my Pista is that movie worth watching?
Im slightly biased as it's one of my favourite films ever. I went to see it in the cinema as a kid & have stage managed theatre versions too, so it's very special for me.
It's good fun with some great songs :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Ok, thanks.
I remeber title of movie and 'cause i like read (from time to time) about organised crime, this "romantic" period is interesting.
Pista
Cureboi

On circle's recommendation, this

& the soundtrack for the pilot is brilliant...except for that shiatty killing moon nonsense.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

My wife, our daughter and me went to see Mary Poppins Returns, and it's not bad movie at all, it's good, but the one with Julie Andrews and Dick was looot more better. Not to mention, that back then they knew how to write good songs than one can hum, whistle, or even sing along with or without playback; for recent version they seemed to had vision that since they made it musical song must sound like in real (theatre) musical. Emily played good and she portrayed Mary very close to one from book.
Good moments: Dick Van Dyke half-cameo, shots (their colour and light) (close to the one from first movie), half animated scene (Penguins!).
The original is a classic, although I was reading that Travers so hated what Disney did to her source material that she banned them in perpetuity from ever making another film of her work. Apparently Disney had to wait until the old girl snuffed it, and then struck a deal with her estate (which presumably involved an imperial sh*t-ton of cash) to make the sequel.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

That's true that even the first one is loosely back on book. In fact, Mary from movie is just a little bit like the one from book.
Speaking of making s**t of money: watching recent endavour i made plot for another one: this one will take place during WWII, to make sense with another jump in time and to make more serious.
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

eotunun wrote:The Ballad of Buster Scruggs
A Netflix special, sadly. If you do not have a Netflix subscription, you probably know someone who does. Invite yourself to theirs or twist their arms on their backs until they invite you, this film is worth losing a friend.
More a collection of short films than a single Western, contains all flavours of humour and brilliance. Episode three is soaked with references to The Sisters of Mercy. There must have been a fan involved in the script at least.
15 of 10 points for this one. :notworthy:
Yes, agree with this. Highly recommended.
Zacharias

I also enjoyed Buster Scruggs. Not the Coen brothers best, but surely enjoyable.
Burning 'cross the breeze.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:Speaking of making s**t of money: watching recent endavour i made plot for another one: this one will take place during WWII, to make sense with another jump in time and to make more serious.
Plot idea 1: Mary Poppins claims to have foiled dastardly Nazi plan to poison all the birds in Trafalgar Square. 5th columnist Bag Lady winds up in the Tower of London. Tiny Tots taken to see her hanged. Mary knighted by King, who recognises her as legendary German spy, Maria von Poppinstein. Bag Lady posthumously pardoned, Mary sprung from the Tower by gang of Chimney Sweeps who are actually an SS Einstazgruppe in disguise (using soot to obscure the Deaths Head insignia). Jane & Michael Banks forced to move house after tabloids identify them as harbouring Germans. Children shunned at school. Daughter changes her name to Xaviera Hollander; after National Service, son becomes mercenary and is implicated in a coup to overthrow the government of newly-independent Zimbabwe.

Plot idea 2: Mary assists in D-Day by having pictures of European capitals painted on London pavements, thereby enabling thousands of troops to suddenly appear behind enemy lines, routing the fiendish hun. Unwittingly assists partition of Europe when she invites Mr. and Mrs Stalin, 2 Russian emigrés, to jump in to the picture of Berlin. Mary arrested as Russian spy, Tiny Tots taken to see her hanged.

Plot idea 3: Mary arrested for counterfeiting English currency, having sneaked into the Bank of England using Mr Banks' key and stolen the plates. Mary arrested as traitor, Tiny Tots taken to see her hanged.

Plot idea 4: Mary arrested by officers from Operation Yewtree. Tiny Tots taken to see her hanged.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

EvilBastard wrote:

The original is a classic, although I was reading that Travers so hated what Disney did to her source material that she banned them in perpetuity from ever making another film of her work. Apparently Disney had to wait until the old girl snuffed it, and then struck a deal with her estate (which presumably involved an imperial sh*t-ton of cash) to make the sequel.
Funnily enough:
JRR Tolkien wrote:let the Americans do what seems good to them–as long as it was possible (I should like to add) to veto anything from or influenced by the Disney studios (for all whose works I have a heartfelt loathing)
:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

EvilBastard wrote:
I recently watched Saving Mr Banks which is based on the true story of how Disney pursued the rights to the Poppins film for 20 years before Travers caved in & reluctantly let him do it.
Great film & Emma Thompson was outstanding in it as Travers.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

It's back & it's even better than season 1
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

After the train wreck that was season 2 I was going to give this a hard pass.
But it's absolutely brilliant
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Brilliant docco
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

this is really as funny as the reviews say it is
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Zacharias

Pista wrote:Image

Brilliant docco
Saw that one in the theatres. Loved every second.

Joan Jett :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

Loved this
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Saturday me and my wife went to see Green Book; very good movie, story itself and main chacaters made it subtel comedy even that threads aren't light and easy. Plus, good shots, music and acting.

And yesterday, finally, i got seen Gangs of New York; another great piece. I like that theme (organized crime) and, as i've read, it has good historic accuracy. And Daniel Day-Lewis - marvelous acting.
Pista
Cureboi

apparently that talentless shiat stain from my chemical romance had some talent after all
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Big Si
School Bully

Just back from the screening at the Glasgow Film Festival of this Terrible Film about 1 of my favourite bands. Some Guy in the audience fainted and threw up all over himself. They had to stop the film for 20 minutes....

https://youtu.be/M7zrHiqoJ6k
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

But, now, everything is allright Big Sky? :wink:
Big Si
School Bully

Bartek wrote:But, now, everything is allright Big Sky? :wink:
Apart from it being a terrible Film, aye, fandabidozi Bartman :kiss:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis