Slightly depressed.... (CBPOB)

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote:
RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:My housemates and I all went out last night for our usual student night as we do. One has a girlfriend, the other successfully pulled (twice) and the other is seeing someone else.

Today they are all asking for help with their respective partners and it's just getting me down I don't have one myself. I feel like utter crap, like I'm not worth even the slightest effort from another person. I haven't had a relationship in over 3.5 years and don't get 'lucky' that often either. I can't even talk to anyone about it because they'll just be like 'oh stop whinging' and my close non uni friends are all taken too.

I know this is nowhere near as serious as other peoples posts on here (my thoughts are with you all) but today its just got me down quite a bit and its helping to let it all out here.
Decided to respond (over a month later, soz, but there you go), because I feel your pain. Dunno if you're m or f - not that it matters - but I'm in the same boat, and have been for my whole adolescent-through-adult life. I can go, and have gone, years without a relationship/shag/request for a date (tmi, I know, but I'm past caring). Most folks seem to "pull" easily, and to go through relationships like a hot knife through butter (look at Taylor Swift, ffs - she's got a new plaything every 5 minutes or so. Must be flippin' nice! :evil:).

On these narrow-minded and ignorant shores, it seems that I've got numerous strikes against me: I'm a 6'1" (1.85 m) girlie, I've got a Mensa IQ, and I'm socially inept, to say the least (probable Asperger Syndrome). Here in the States, especially in East Buttf*ck where I currently reside, I'm looked at as a bit of a sideshow attraction (elsewhere, not quite as much, thankfully).

Suffice it to say that I understand and sympathize with your predicament. There *are* folks out there for you...but you may have to do a lot more searching (and waiting) than most to find them. :von:
Thanks :) I appreciate it, there is someone out there for you too you know :)

Also to the person who posted about painkillers have you tried Co-Codamol? Great stuff but don't have them after three days or it becomes a habit...[/quote]
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
Debaser
Overbomber

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:
Also to the person who posted about painkillers have you tried Co-Codamol? Great stuff but don't have them after three days or it becomes a habit...
I hit those before I have to rely on the 'trammies'
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

On the what? I'm not that savvy with drug/medicine talk haha
I'll see you tomorrow.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:Thanks :) I appreciate it, there is someone out there for you too you know :)
Eh, I'm beginning to doubt that. Meh.
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth

SINsister wrote:
RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:Thanks :) I appreciate it, there is someone out there for you too you know :)
Eh, I'm beginning to doubt that. Meh.
I've found that the longer you doubt it the more you believe it and you won't do anything to change it. Think positive or don't think about it all and stuff will happen, you'll have bad days but they pass :)

A wise man once said 'everything will be alright, everything will turn out fine'
Believe it :)

Ps. Besides you're a Sisters fan, that makes you automatically sexy ;) haha
I'll see you tomorrow.
xfloorshowx
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

...I’ve never had the desire to make a record unless I have something to say...
Pista
Cureboi

Read that yesterday.

Rock in peace. :(
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Crikey Dorian!

Hoping things start to work out better for you in the near future.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Hello and welcome Dorian.

That's a hell of a thing to happen, there's not a lot any of us can do except offer a metaphorical shoulder to cry on, but hey, you're welcome to that.
Last edited by markfiend on 26 Feb 2013, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:Hello and welcome Dorain.

That's a hell of a thing to happen, there's not a lot any of us can do except offer a metaphorical shoulder to cry on, but hey, you're welcome to that.
hey dorain! welcome.

and ditto to what mark said :)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Being645
Wiki Wizard

A horror of a story, Dorian ... :( ...

I hope it won't render the whole rest of your life a misery ...
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Hell, Dorian... as a father of 2 little boys myself I can only imagine what you're going through and shed a tear. I hope the situation will turn sooner or later, I really do.
in dub we trust
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

That's horrendous, Dorian. So sorry to hear all of that. It's gotta be a living nightmare. :cry: :evil:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Whenever I hear stories like that I never know quite what to say. Anything I think of sounds trite or insincere. For what it's worth, my sympathies.

To lighten things somewhat..

On a visit to Mother Dearest, who lives down the road, a friend of hers visited who just so happens to be organising the village entertainment for Comic Relief. I am now likely to spend a Saturday watching a grown woman wearing a hat shaped like a giant cupcake and a bunch of local kids performing "Beauty and the Beast". The crowning poo on the pile? I've been informed one scene involves werewolves being scared away via a loud rendition of "Aggadoo". Three times.
Admittedly I can't think of a song more suited for frightening away anything, but still..I'm sure your hearts will be with me. :(
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Hello and welcome Dorian.

Hello and welcome Dorian from me as well. Mark's comment says it all. Seconded, full stop.

I wish you all the best - and be sure you'll find some nice and understanding people round here...
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Big Si
School Bully

DeWinter wrote:On a visit to Mother Dearest, who lives down the road, a friend of hers visited who just so happens to be organising the village entertainment for Comic Relief. I am now likely to spend a Saturday watching a grown woman wearing a hat shaped like a giant cupcake and a bunch of local kids performing "Beauty and the Beast". The crowning poo on the pile? I've been informed one scene involves werewolves being scared away via a loud rendition of "Aggadoo". Three times.
Admittedly I can't think of a song more suited for frightening away anything, but still..I'm sure your hearts will be with me. :(

That doesn't sound all that bad....

@Dorian That is a terrible thing to go through. :(
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
DeWinter
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

You can go and pretend to be me. I'm sure you can manage a strangulated Surrey accent and a look of permanent weariness. You get a bosomy Scandinavian to hang out with for the evening, and free tea and doughnuts? :p
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
Being645
Wiki Wizard

DeWinter wrote:You can go and pretend to be me. I'm sure you can manage a strangulated Surrey accent and a look of permanent weariness. You get a bosomy Scandinavian to hang out with for the evening, and free tea and doughnuts? :p
:lol: ... I'm sure, You'll bear it with honour, DeWinter ... btw, pleased to see you here in these realms ... ;D :D ...
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

heartland - a general panacea. :)
hello, dorian. thoughts with you.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Big Si
School Bully

DeWinter wrote:You can go and pretend to be me. I'm sure you can manage a strangulated Surrey accent and a look of permanent weariness. You get a bosomy Scandinavian to hang out with for the evening, and free tea and doughnuts? :p
You had me at Bosomy :twisted:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
christophe
Overbomber

been yelled at for taking initiative at work. welcome to the 21th century.

moments later another boss... 'I didn't had time to do my work and I won't come in tomorrow, you can finish that for me.
sure :evil:
Another Shade of You.
Pista
Cureboi

The best The Cure forum on the interwebs is about to close its doors for ever.

:cry:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity