The all new NEWSWORTHY thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The various "Anthony's" restaurants in Leeds have closed without warning.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/n ... -1-5790336
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

'ave you got a license for your minkey?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/cop- ... index.html
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Florida woman gets slung in jail for.........C)Kissing a cop on the nose
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Cop survived that vicious, bestial attack?
still, she could be charge with attempted rape .
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The Sandman to return in a prequel series: clicky
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Bartek wrote:Cop survived that vicious, bestial attack?
still, she could be charge with attempted rape .
Felony man-slobber

;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I wish i could met such thoughtful and sensitive women.

seriously, wtf ?! life really become videogame and/or movie and worth less than glass of water ? :|
Izzy HaveMercy

Yep, noticed and agree whole-heartedly. Spotify is nice to brag about to your friends and it has a nice counter and all, bu for small and beginning artists is earn feck all, while the stockholders cash in on their behalf...

IZ.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

no, it's their fault that they can't use that magnificent tool, promote themself. and here is one, or two, bands/artists that prooves our point.
Izzy HaveMercy

Bartek wrote:no, it's their fault that they can't use that magnificent tool, promote themself. and here is one, or two, bands/artists that prooves our point.
Spotify is not a tool, the artist is the tool. Spotify only works if you are an established artist already, or when you have the money to pay for publishers.

IZ.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Iz, that was sarcasm.
second sentence is/was a clear hint about that.
and why i would like to wrote in 3rd person, pl, as someone from management or PR stuff?
:wink:

i guess that this thread makes you so pissed that you can't talk about that without rage on your face.
Izzy HaveMercy

Bartek wrote:Iz, that was sarcasm.
second sentence is/was a clear hint about that.
and why i would like to wrote in 3rd person, pl, as someone from management or PR stuff?
:wink:

i guess that this thread makes you so pissed that you can't talk about that without rage on your face.
It's a close to my heart matter, so I tend to overlook the sarcasm ;)

My bad!

IZ.
Pista
Cureboi

Stop me if you've heard this before.
Horse walks into McDonald's. Delivers its verdict
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Stop me if you've heard this before.
Horse walks into McDonald's. Delivers its verdict
:notworthy: Am delighted to see that this is currently the most shared story on the BBC news website, relegating "Duchess gives birth to baby boy" into second place.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Twatter followers of mine will have seen this already that I retweeted from @ingdamnit but worth doing here too I think.
With surprisingly little effort Kate passes the baby, she looks down and sees only a mass of insect eyes and segmented legs wiggling. Philip comes forth "I have an acceptable peasant host" he announces holding up an infant whose parents were told it's still born. Kate watches in horror as the baby's mouth is opened and the mass of legs and organs slides in. "THE BONDING IS COMPLETE" says Charles. The Queen turns to Kate, her eyes milky white, "YOU ARE ONE OF US NOW YOU TELL NO ONE". Kate starts to scream but feels powerful pincer-like hands clasp either shoulder. She is silent.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i guessing that you're not a fan/supporter of royal family, Mark.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The idea that somehow some bloodlines are "magic" or "special" is inherently Fascistic.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

and that's where you're a bit wrong. In ancient Egypt, and even before that, ruler and his/her offsprings were always a anointed by doG. it comes directly from idea of that (kind of) institution(s). Not to mention that, AFIK, royal ("with cheese") family in UK dosen't have such great power, they are see (at least here) as kind of folklore, 'tourist attraction', a bit pricy for UK's society; like Paris got Eiffel Tower, Berlin Bear, Praha beer, and so, you got such yours, on what you can make a money.
but in the end i'm agree with you (even that i don't belive that we ARE equal).
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:The idea that somehow some bloodlines are "magic" or "special" is inherently Fascistic.
It's amazing that in a supposedly mature democracy that this particular family is still venerated. Love them or loathe them, Mr and Mrs Beckham for example, owe their fame and the public's fascination with them to their own achievements in a competitive. I find the awe-struck tone of many "royal commentators" on the British state broadcaster positively chilling. OK so the royals have been politically impotent for a century now and are unlikely to attempt to become despotic any time soon, but the media overkill and the public's obsession (although understandable when there is a seemingly rare good news story to share) seem to belong to a different age which I thought we had seen the last of in the 1980s.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I guess that event from Paris (1997), and Lady Di in general, and Queen Mother helped to change their public image, a bit.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Glad to see Leeds Arena getting their come-uppance for not having TSOM as opening night artistes (and annoying the Kaiser chiefs who were led to believe that they would be first only for other gigs to be announced before their date).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-23447639