currently watching...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

sultan2075 wrote:2. Casting decisions are often not made with accuracy to the source material in mind.
Say that again. Possibly the most egregious example being Morgan Freeman as Red in Shawshank Redemption; in the novella, Red is so called because of the colour of his hair...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
James Blast
Banned

Cap'n Amerikee, I thought it was ace!!!!!
:D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:

and this is from a man who thought Iron Man blew chunks and Thor was workmanlike
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

busy watching IN TIME TIME OUT.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Sunsonic
Amphetamine Filth

The Cure live from Reading Festival 2012 on BBC 3
One life all I need
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I watched the last episode of Season 5 of True Blood last night. What a season-ending cliffhanger!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Oooh!

Forgot about season 5

Must get that one acquired :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

friday's late night viewing involved

*book of blood (heard about it as a book)

weird woman! watch out for that type boys...

and then after that turned on the telly and besides fuckingadverts which i hate watched

* new york gangs

realized i didn't know that part of history so throughly enjoyed it.
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Big Bang Theory.......Bazinga!
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
Pista
Cureboi

Garbageman wrote:Big Bang Theory.......Bazinga!
I laughed like a drain in every episode of that.
Cannot wait for the new series to kick off.
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Meh. I think Big Bang Theory has started to go a bit stale.
—Bertrand Russell
DeWinter

"Snow White and The Huntsmen".

You know when you've eaten something bad and have a dodgy tummy? And you go on a long bus ride and get that warning spasm about two minutes in and know there's no chance of a lavatory for the next half hour? Kristen Stewart has that look of mild panic on her face throughout the entire movie.
And Chris Hemsworth is less animated than Thor's hammer, and went to the Mel Gibson school of Scots accents, ie, sound like you have a mouthful of hot potato. Charlise Theron clearly realised she was in a pile of rubbish and went into panto mode. All that was missing was someone yelling "She's behind you!" or "Oh no it isn't!!".
There was a pretty scene in the forest, lifted from the vastly superior 80's classic "Legend" featuring fairies and a white stag/forest god, but otherwise fecking dismal.
"Vengeance. Justice. Fire and blood.."
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

DeWinter wrote:"Snow White and The Huntsmen".

You know when you've eaten something bad and have a dodgy tummy? And you go on a long bus ride and get that warning spasm about two minutes in and know there's no chance of a lavatory for the next half hour? Kristen Stewart has that look of mild panic on her face throughout the entire movie.
And Chris Hemsworth is less animated than Thor's hammer, and went to the Mel Gibson school of Scots accents, ie, sound like you have a mouthful of hot potato. Charlise Theron clearly realised she was in a pile of rubbish and went into panto mode. All that was missing was someone yelling "She's behind you!" or "Oh no it isn't!!".
There was a pretty scene in the forest, lifted from the vastly superior 80's classic "Legend" featuring fairies and a white stag/forest god, but otherwise fecking dismal.
As bad as Red Riding Hood then...

I gave up hope for the American(ised) Horror/Fantasy stuff of today. I saw Abe Lincoln vs Zombies the other day, and wept of shame for the genre in general.

The again, some gems cann still be found; I re-watched this gem, and had a happy smile again! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQOZHEYhVtU

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I watched Labyrinth while I was in on my own over the weekend. Enjoyably silly. (BTW thanks DeWinter for reminding me about Legend. I'll cue that up for next weekend :lol:)

There were a lot of these fantasy-type movies filmed in the 80's; just off the top of my head I can think of Willow, Dark Crystal, the aforementioned Legend and Labyrinth. They don't make 'em like that any more!
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

watched a few films over the weekend...

some very good: :notworthy:

some bad: :urff:

some disappointingly average: :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Izzy HaveMercy

markfiend wrote:I watched Labyrinth while I was in on my own over the weekend. Enjoyably silly. (BTW thanks DeWinter for reminding me about Legend. I'll cue that up for next weekend :lol:)

There were a lot of these fantasy-type movies filmed in the 80's; just off the top of my head I can think of Willow, Dark Crystal, the aforementioned Legend and Labyrinth. They don't make 'em like that any more!

;)

IZ.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Just watched last episode of that part of Breaking Bad
Looks interesting, but on some way disappointing, if ye take very first scene of first episode of this series.
MJC
Road Kill

Currently watching 'Six Feet Under'. Nothing like I thought it would be, a very engrossing, well made drama.

As an aside the good lady is a Funeral Director, I am no goff, honest! Therefore it makes for interesting viewing and the occassional (to be read as every 5mins) quip of "is it like that at your place..."

Very good. Watch. Chap from Dexter (another good show) stars. 8)
DeWinter

markfiend wrote:I watched Labyrinth while I was in on my own over the weekend. Enjoyably silly. (BTW thanks DeWinter for reminding me about Legend. I'll cue that up for next weekend :lol:)

Make sure you get the "Legend" with the Tangerine Dream soundtrack, it's awesome. I adored Willow, too. When watching Labyrinth I always think it'd be better without the Bowie "Who do, you do voodoo.."musical numbers. Well, apart from during the ballroom sequence, obviously..
DeWinter

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: Image

;)

IZ.
I have always wanted my very own Luckdragon. He was the height of adorable. And The Childlike Empress was my first crush at about six years old!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

DeWinter wrote:Make sure you get the "Legend" with the Tangerine Dream soundtrack, it's awesome.

I think it's the original US theatrical version I'm down... erm... I have bought totally 100% legally *ahem*, which wikipedia tells me does have the Tangerine Dream soundtrack. So here's hoping.
DeWinter wrote:When watching Labyrinth I always think it'd be better without the Bowie "Who do, you do voodoo.."musical numbers. Well, apart from during the ballroom sequence, obviously..
Those songs are possibly some of Bowie's worst material. Cringeworthy, some of it :lol:
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

started watching season 1 of Grimm last night:

not a bad opening episode 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Izzy HaveMercy

Quiff Boy wrote:started watching season 1 of Grimm last night:

not a bad opening episode 8)
You saw the GOOD episode then... skip the rest! ;D

IZ.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

liking 'bad education' so far :lol:
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

A friend has offered me a lend of Grimm, should I bother?
—Bertrand Russell
Izzy HaveMercy

markfiend wrote:A friend has offered me a lend of Grimm, should I bother?
Won't hurt you, mind... you are True Blood fan, IIRC, so maybe you won't be irritated that much by the Americano-styled horror that gives you epileptic seizures...

I gave up after 4 episodes.

IZ.